Pubic hair removal help

Terri JJ wrote:

I shave twice a week and rub in baby oil immediately after. I do get a little regrowth but it's very soft and not really noticeable x

Ive never tried this. I always end up with a awful rash so might help x

Stu_hfx wrote:

Would love some tips from a guy to trim down.

After years of trying different methods I've found, believe it or not, that dry shaving works best for me. Concentrate on small area at a time, and pull the skin as taught as you can get if.

As a male i find a long hot soak in the bath helps,when you`ve done all your other scrubbing,let the water out enough so that when lying down the water stops just short of your balls.Use a good quality sensitive GEL,like King Of Shaves(I think foam is rubbish,plus you can`t see what you`re doing with gel!) then use a good mutli blade razor,i prefer the Hydro 5,lying down you can gently pull your balls taught,and get a good cut free shave,also it`s a good position for getting underneath,and for shaving your cock and pubic area if desired,personally i shave the lot off,up to my waistline.You may find you get a rash at first,but as time goes by your skin will get accustomed to shaving and you won`t get any rash/ingrowing hairs.I find once a week suits me.

venus razor and let it air dry or gentle pat dry, it tends to be the towel drying or using a crap razor that causes shave rash also use a good gel/foam or hair conditioner to lather with, typically womens razors tend to be closer and more gentle

rochelleNE wrote:

Typically womens razors tend to be closer and more gentle

Wow, I thought they were the same but pink and more expensive. You live and learn. ![](upload://5BDs2y1gm13l2R58ovmAMxyNM3f.gif)

Honestly, shave it all off and use the bikini attachment on my IPL thing for the hair on the pubic mound and just a case of maintaining the rest as you certainly cannot use the IPL beyond that. I hate shaving as it irritates even my legs so IPL is initially an expensive thing to buy for home use but saves me money in the long run. Not an option everybody wants but it fits my preference as I hate having hair down there. I have seen a salon that offered a full Hollywood IPL so clearly the professional option is different from home IPL, just don't live near that salon anymore.

It was an Australian nurse that first told me about shaving with talcum powder.

I was not about to experiment with pubic hair first.

So, I tried my legs.

Sprinkled some talc on, took the razor and started shaving.

It worked so well that I tried on pubic hair.

So smooth, no nicks, no rash, none of those "spots"

It is the only way I shave now.

Only thing that must be remembered is to use a new blade each time.

amber

I found that if you shave every week for a while then after a while, even if you stop, next time you do it it doesn't cause a rash. The skin just gets used to it. I use a bic disposable and some hand soap, shaving foam doesn't seem slippy enough for the delicate bits!

Ok so I'm having laser hair removal to my bikini line (amongst other areas), and I use a wilkinson a sword bikini razor (trimmer) to maintain my neat little landing strip.

I think a good razor, shaving gel and after shave cream is probably best, if you maintain short hair shaving oil can be good. After a few shaves the skin settles and doesn't have a rash naturally.

amber_angel wrote:

It was an Australian nurse that first told me about shaving with talcum powder.

I was not about to experiment with pubic hair first.

So, I tried my legs.

Sprinkled some talc on, took the razor and started shaving.

It worked so well that I tried on pubic hair.

So smooth, no nicks, no rash, none of those "spots"

It is the only way I shave now.

Only thing that must be remembered is to use a new blade each time.

amber

Interesting, I have never heard this before. Might give it a go one day.

My wife plucks, tweezers in one hand mon pulled up in the other,

I started out shaving like most but now get it waxed once every 6 weeks or so and it is very smooth. The first waxer I went to used wax and strips and this hurt but my current waxer uses hard wax and this hardly hurts at all. My boyfriend shaved with shaving cream and moisturiser but has also tried a wax now which his says was OK.

We both use a small beard trimmer for any bits we leave too long, however once it's short we use (and I'm not recommending it as it even states on the bottle not to) Veet sensitive. I've not once had any issues when using it anywhere in that general area and always get great results (full sack and crack !).

As said it states do not use it on pubic hair so don't go blaming me if you try it and have a bad experience !

Haven't heard it mentioned yet, but I use an epilator.... I know it sounds horrific and if done wrong it can be a little bit. But I've been using a wet'n'dry epilator down there for nearly 6 years in the shower and once you have a technique and a steady hand the results are very long lasting.

I mention it as an alternative, but it's not for the feint of heart, you'll probably need about 3-4 tries to pin the technique down but after that it's easier than going to a salon and paying some stranger to man-handle your junk with hot wax.

Again, don't do it if your afraid of any pain, even after 6 years it can be a bit brutal, but it does the job so well...

Hair conditioner and a new razor is the most successful combo i find. Find the more I do it less itching. Done Sack, cock and scrotum every 2/3 days for years. Up top i am not a fan of the completely bald look, so get the beard trimmer out. Currently a #3 but can go down to almost bare, or leave it for a bit. Depends how I feel.

Just got a Philips OneBlade its very good though we've not tried it there yet, will let you know.

I simle just use body wash and shave with a good razor

I have a soak in the bath or a long shower to soften up the hairs a bit first and then use a sensitive shaving gel and a decent sharp razor like a Fusion (not a bic disposable as they seem to cut me to pieces) I pull the dangling circus clowns forward and side to side to get the skin taught.

Me and the wife always finish off with a product called Aloe Clear, its really soothing and stops you getting razor burn/rash.

I can confirm the Philips shaver is very good for either myself or using on my wife

The Miracle Oil products that you can get on here are brilliant.