R U a sex toy snob?.

my girl and i love choice,from bullet to wicked glass dildo ,she loves to play with,to tease and play hard with

I don't think I'm a snob but I do like myself a bargain. And I am finding that as I'm trying more brands, toys, materials, shapes etc. I am getting abut more fussy.

I wouldn't say I'm a snob in that I totally respect that not everyone can afford the high end stuff. As a reviewer I have gotten VERY lucky with what I've been sent to write about and am really grateful to the companies that trust me enough to send me things.

However, in that time I have learnt exactly which toys to me are worth their price tags and if mine died I would definitely save to replace them. In case you're curious, these are my LELO Mona 2 and L'Amourose Rosa.

Briona87 wrote:

It depends on your own definition of a "toy snob".

I do not care about any specific brands that are considered "trendy" at this or that time but it is true I only go for toys that are bound to last a long time while being non-porous and body safe. That means I only buy silicone, glass and metal toys.

I would get a battery-powered one, provided it was made of a safe, hygienic material (and sufficiently powerful). Sometimes, it can be handy to take the batteries out, particularly while travelling - once, my rechargeable rabbit got unlocked while I was carrying it in my backpack, and it turned on. I guess both buttons got pressed against something for a sufficiently long time - thankfully, this did not turn into any real embarrassment but it sort of proved that no travel-lock is foolproof. When you take the batteries out, nothing like that can happen...

Some of my fav toys were made by high-end manufacturers (L'Amourose, Lelo, We-Vibe) while others are of the "middle-of-the-road" persuasion (Lovehoney's own, Colours, Tracey Cox). I would never, ever buy any rubber or jelly toy, though.

I agree. I only use 100% silicone, metal and glass toys internally (I'll use good quality ABS plastic toys externally) and I wouldn't touch jelly, rubber etc with a barge pole. I much prefer rechargeable toys, but like Briona I have a few battery operated ones for travel as I'm paranoid about travel locks not working.

I wouldn't say I'm a snob about brands though, if a toy is rechargeable, meets my body safe criteria and is good quality I don't mind who makes it (although I must admit that I do get a thrill out of the beauty and packaging of luxury brands). I love LELO, Je Joue, FSOG and Tracey Cox, they're probably my favourite brands, and I've splashed out on a L'amorose toy before which turned out to be very dissapointing for me which shows that brand name isn't everything.

Probably come across as one yes. But what can I say. As you try more toys you realise it's worth paying for certain things. After you waste hundreds of pounds on crap toys to learn that lesson, you want to encourage others to skip that step and go straight for the 'luxury' toys. Which generally means they think you are a snob for telling them that £10 jelly dildo or awkward to find batteries for bullet isn't worth it...when really you are trying to help!

Branding isn't something I'd be fussy/snobby about, or even a low price, more the qualities listed by others above. You find some real gems in the 'cheap' brands, but only if you know what to look for/what to avoid! (just as you find some real rubbish with the popular brands...looking at you Lelo!).

i seem to be getting more snobby when it comes to sex toys i just want the best !!!

I have yet to own a luxury branded toy, such as Lelo or we-vibe, my budget won't stretch and I'm not very good at saving!
I have however stopped buying jelly type materials, after finding a few had melted and the whole hygiene aspect, so stick to glass, metal and silicone.
I have had some great cheaper toys and love a bargain.

I don't like silicone toys, I much prefer glass or metal.

I'm totally a gimmick snob. Doesn't so much matter about the brand or the quality - I like owning things that "nobody else has". I know a lot of kinksters, so it can get quite competitive! Usually it's the fancy, pricey ranges which produce the most unusual toys, but occasionally odd little bits pop up in the cheaper end.

I wouldn't call myself a snob however I'm prepared to pay a little more to get toys that I know are safe so I'll spend the bit to get silicon or glass rather than jelly. But other than that I just get what's appealing to me

FlexyBexyXXX wrote:

Not the only one! I love njoy, jimmyjane and lelo toys. I don't think that makes me a snob though. I just appreciate well-designed, quality products. Also the glas and icicles ranges are really lovely, the glass is so beautifully blown and made :)

Same here.I love my rechargeable toys and am almost never using battery operated ones.Fan of Fun Factory,Lelo and new rechargeable TC range.

I wasn't but am becoming one since I learnt of different materials.