Rabbit users i need your opinions

Just a quick one guys! i did have a quick look in the search but i don't think this has ever been a specific topic!

anyways i'm really interested to know what the rabbit users make of the rotating beads that are seen on some rabbits!

are they good/bad or just plain ugly?

all opinions greatfully recieved! thank you

it depends on the beads used - some look really cheap, some don't... i prefer white/pearlescent ones to multicoloured ones though. As for functionality, they definately add something, but i dont think its necessarily the best in the world. good though. a down side is the noise though!

I'm not a big fan of rabbits but I used to own one where the rotating beads were metal ball-bearings. As I can clamp down hard enough to stop the plastic pearl ones from rotating the metal ones were great.

Like Elle-Scotland, I have a rabbit that uses metal ball-bearings, but personally this hasn't made much difference to it 'cutting out' - for mine it seems to be more about motor speed. Also it's resistance on the twirly head of the shaft that stops the rotations (on the lower speeds).

I'm quite a huge fan of rabbits, so maybe a bit biased, but like the addition of rotatey beads. I can't explain their own little significant role (as LivingFire said though, they do 'definitely add something'), 'cause you've got quite a lot going on! Looking at that kind of vibrator as a whole, I do think they are a little ugly (I'm not a big fan of the monster-phallic image!), but not the beads in particular.

Any reason in particular, DesignDude: curious or thinking of a purchase? I'm pretty surprised at how many models there are, but some people might have differing opinions on the rotating balls because of their specific rabbit?

I don't think the rotatey beads do anything for me, tbh... but a lot of times I don't even turn the shaft on, I just use insert and thrust :P

My OH favourite Rabbit (she has many) is http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=9714 well tbh she's only just got this one but she had a near enough identical one from a famous overpriced high street store for a few years and was looking to replace it. She loves the beads but I think it's the different functions of the rabbit that drive her wild on this one. I'll ask her more tonight so I can give you more insight.

mimiaow wrote:

Any reason in particular, DesignDude: curious or thinking of a purchase? I'm pretty surprised at how many models there are, but some people might have differing opinions on the rotating balls because of their specific rabbit?

yeah i've got an idea for a toy that i might submit but i have no idea if it would be any good! my girl has never tried rotating beads before so your input is all very much appreciated!

The worst part of being a guy that enjoys coming up with crazy ideas has to be the fact that i will never know how they would feel no matter how empathetic i am.

So from what i can gather so far the beads are ok if they are metal and have a lot of torque?

Aah, very good idea then - can't think of a better place to do some opinion surveys :) Best of luck with your idea!

In that case, I think the metal ones are rather more attractive than the coloured plastic balls, but depends on your design. If you're going with a very brightly multi-coloured, vibrant look then plastic ones can look really cute (like the rabbit vibe from Sex and the City). Tend to think the silver ones look more streamlined/ sophisticated feel.

I can completely understand how it must be pretty tricky - I would have no clue where to even start if I was designing a male sex toy!

Yeah you guys are all really helpful so it's an ideal place to have to ask questions about this kinda thing!

would seeing the balls be a bonus or would it not matter if they were hidden? i'd love to be able to show people the design, it's a shame the competition closing date is soo far away lol!

As for male sex toys, i've only ever had one idea i thought was any good and someone else has recently made it lol! Typical eh?

Grr grr grrr - that is terribly frustrating! And to make it even worse, has it been a particularly successful design?!

I'd say, again it might depend on the overall appearance of the toy. If you're going for something quite gadget-y, different functions, a little sci-fi in appearance - seeing the balls could be a good idea! If you're going for a sleek minimal approach, then hiding them might be the best option.

I'd say if the feature is really going to pack a punch, then the woman might not need to see it to notice it working. However some things act more as a visual stimulus - part of me wonders how much of the appreciation I get from rabbit-rotatey-balls (I never thought I'd quite say that) is rather from the exciting, vaguely intimidating appearance of the toy.

mimiaow wrote:

Grr grr grrr - that is terribly frustrating! And to make it even worse, has it been a particularly successful design?!

I'd say, again it might depend on the overall appearance of the toy. If you're going for something quite gadget-y, different functions, a little sci-fi in appearance - seeing the balls could be a good idea! If you're going for a sleek minimal approach, then hiding them might be the best option.

I'd say if the feature is really going to pack a punch, then the woman might not need to see it to notice it working. However some things act more as a visual stimulus - part of me wonders how much of the appreciation I get from rabbit-rotatey-balls (I never thought I'd quite say that) is rather from the exciting, vaguely intimidating appearance of the toy.

The design is very expensive so hopefully it will flop (not that i'm bitter lol)! External Media

i think i'll be going for sleek rather than crazy looking! i'm not a very colourful person, i much prefer limited use of colour as i think it looks a bit nicer! i like tidy things with clen edges lol!

for me it depends on the design of the rotating balls

something like this http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=14099 where the balls are loose inside the shaft of the vibe i can feel much more and is a little more pleasurable

btu something with the balls like this http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=9714 where the balls are fixed to the shaft, i cant feel them as much, though it isnt a major thing for me personally

it could eb an idea to have the rotating balls visible in the design, or at least mentioned in any instructions as it could be a bit weird to suddenly see your new toy move in a way you wouldnt expect it to from just looking at it LOL

sweetlove666 wrote:

it could be a bit weird to suddenly see your new toy move in a way you wouldnt expect it to from just looking at it LOL

*scribbles out idea for breakdancing dildo* External Media

i have a rabbit with rotating beads and one without and the one without is definitely missing something. its waterproof though so i love them both.

ahhhh i just love it when an idea comes crashing down!

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=16055

that's a lot like what i was working on! bah back to the drawing board!

thanks for the input guys!

can anyone tell if the beads on that are on a single chain? so like does one side go up as one goes down or are their 2 independant chains?

Aww, no, that sucks!

Had a quick check - with mine there's a core metal pole, and then regular disks running down it, with a couple of balls on each. They all twist around the same way. Reading that back, I can't imagine it's easy to visualise - sorry!

hehe no i get what ya mean! the rabbit ones are all spinning one's from what i've seen! i was planning on something more in the upward direction like the above toy! bugger it i'll submit what i've done already it can't hurt i guess

The pearl beads are best in my opinion. Can't really explain why they are better, but they definately add to the overall stimulation.