Rant Thread (Jan11-Feb15)

********************************************************************************************
Disclaimer: The following rant is a private opinion of the poster(?) & in no way connected to or endorsed by LoveHoney!!
********************************************************************************************

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

Stupid fucking shitty BT broadband!!

I hate them hate them hate them!!

It keeps cutting out & I'm struggling to get online - its like having dial up again!!

They really are starting to get on my tits - & not in a good way!!

Oh dear - this did make me smile. Well the last sentence did anyway.

Sky BB isn't much better x

to jump on the bandwagon, virgin media have been fucking about with my broadband all day the bastards!!! getting right on my tits too!!!!

Sorry to hear your having problems with BT "fucking stupid" broadband glitter&gold

I use to have the same problem when we was with BT but went to Talktalk free internet for life and so far not bad service.

Have a look around hun, loads of great deals out there at the moment.

x

And I hate Three customer 'dis' service! :( Grrrr!!!!

I also despaired of BT, went to Talk Talk. I feel your pain, sweetie. But, you know, kind of intermittently. Whenever you're connected, like...

@ILW - free for life? Bet that cost a bit...

We recently had a problem with Virgin, shit happens.

At least we have water.

We only have one ISP in our area, we can't even get a BT line as they do not cover our area.

This means that when our provider mess up (which they do alot) most of the town has no internet. My fb then gets clogged up with people on mobiles asking if the internet is on or not, and the phone lines jam so you cant get through to anyone to find out what is happening. It is really pants, I could really rant about it and its unfair monopoly but it won't make any difference.

OK. Beat this...

As part of the grand 'unbundling from BT' excercise, several years ago, my ISP switched from BT's lines to I think Tiscali's, to get their internet to my local exchange. I was assured I would notice nothing.

I was actually off line for about 1 month - reduced to using dial in. Effectively, I was off line for 3 months, as when the grand combo of my ISP/Tiscali/BT got my line back, it was only at 256 or 512kbps.

I had to deal thru my ISP, yet the problem was in Tiscali or BT's hardware.

Finally got it sorted during th 'n'th call to my ISP's Tech Help, when the guy I was taliking to noticed my line was locked in diagnostic mode. A quick click to come out of that gave me 2Mbps...

Surprisingly, I am still with the same ISP.....!

SD

madkat wrote:

to jump on the bandwagon, virgin media have been fucking about with my broadband all day the bastards!!! getting right on my tits too!!!!

virgin media have been awful lately... i tweeted something about it (directed at lord sugar of all people.. after he claimed that he's complained about BT on twitter and gotten a call from their CEO within minutes... lol) and weirdly enough virgin media tweeted me back asking if i'd had someone around to fix it yet!!

the moral of the story being: if something's wrong - moan about it on twitter!

now i have to say ive never had any real issuses with BT but we did have a lot of problems in our old house as we lived just outside of town that only has one isp which was and still is a pian.

can i just add skyplus to this thread dont get me wrong i love skyplus but we often have problems on the HD channels where it cuts out and goes all jerky

Thanks for all the responses guys xx

@ fizzy

OMG!! Sky+ HD is utter turd!! It does exactly the same with us - so annoying - especially when you're trying to ogle Gerard Butler!!

ive now stopped recording on channel 4 HD as that was getting unwatchable one day they may sort it all out ( in my dreams!)

Hahahahaha!!

the worst thing is you have to pay £10 a month for HD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know!! & I pay the sky bill too - even though the HD is in the front room!!

glitter&gold wrote:

I know!! & I pay the sky bill too - even though the HD is in the front room!!

we only have sky in our front room but thier is only me and my husband and we just about mange not to argue over the remote!

Quite agree - BT are shit!!!!!!!!!!!

Can't wait for our contract to end ...

*smug moment*

I live about a mile away from one of the East Midland's biggest nerve centres for Virgin Media and as we're currently guinea pigs for their experimental 100mb broadband, my average download speed is about 93mbps and never drops out *runs. fast!*

lover9110 wrote:

*smug moment*

I live about a mile away from one of the East Midland's biggest nerve centres for Virgin Media and as we're currently guinea pigs for their experimental 100mb broadband, my average download speed is about 93mbps and never drops out External Media *runs. fast!*

External Media so jealous!!