Recommendations for absolute beginners...

or a condom wrapped and lubed up remote control was just that.

i think the basics range is quite a good place to start, my first vibe was a lady lustfinger, i now have like 7...and am buying 2 more of one today cos its discontinued :( and the deal of the day! As for early vibes, stuff like the inch perfect are quite non-threatening as well....not the ice scream lol that was quite threatening when i first got it....still is sometimes

I am terrible with names and to lazy to look for links, but the chocolate and strawberry body pens were a really good thing for me and my boyfriend when we first decided to try adding a pinch of spice to the mix.

Durex play lubes (especially the heat one) are really good (i have only been having sex 6 months so its not been that long since i was vanilla lol)

just some nice lingerie, doesn't have to be like crazy, but just silky, lacy nice things...

can't think of anything else right now...

Jessica Rabbit

Durex 2in1 massage lube,

A bullet

Some kinky lingerie

Heeled boots

Cock Ring

Perhaps a Ben Wai beads.

"Condoms" Studded Ribbed Tingle maybe even Flavoured for those that do "that".... LOL... I was rather obstinate in being "vanilla" for a few years even only recently am I venturing into the big bad world.... (I just realised I've been sexually active for 5yrs where HAS the time gone?!) My other suggestion would be Lubricants as in for the normal use. I've only just started using lube/s in the last 6 weeks.... I am SUCH an idiot lol....

And I would have to say for a "sex toy" for beginners.... either a bullet or even just one of those One Time only vibrating cockrings from a condom pack is some major (non threatening) first time fun and a pretty good way to set up a sex toy fascination.

Hmm wasn't that long ago that I was a beginner (from the point of trying anything other that unadorned sex). The first things I tried were:

Massage oil

A very simple, non threatening vibrator

A vibrating cock ring

Lubricant! (had never even used lubricant before this year and I can't believe I ever managed without it)

Some fabric cuffs with velcro as they are very non threatening, comfortable and easy to get out of.

Everis wrote:

Hmm wasn't that long ago that I was a beginner (from the point of trying anything other that unadorned sex). The first things I tried were:

Massage oil

A very simple, non threatening vibrator

A vibrating cock ring

Lubricant! (had never even used lubricant before this year and I can't believe I ever managed without it)

Some fabric cuffs with velcro as they are very non threatening, comfortable and easy to get out of.

I said the same thing on lubricant LOL.... I was under the illusion that because I always thought it felt better when I wasn't too naturally lubricated so I thought more lube would be pointless.... I was severely mistaken!

Oh this is hard! I've been sat here trying to get myself back to the innocent mindset and I am finding it really difficult to remember what it was like! I agree with Ecks, I don't think i've ever been vanilla.

I would probably recommend:

Bullet vibe

Vibrating cock ring from the basics range

Massage oils (I think even the candles may seem a lil scary to someone very vanilla)

perhaps a nice silky non threatening blindflold

this http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=2430

and maybe some vanilla erotic fiction