Recycle New Unopened Dildo

Hello, I’ve just purchased a dildo from Lovehoney but it was an odd colour (much pinker than in the picture). So I contacted them and they sent me out a new one. The new one is still bright pink so I’m inclined to think this is a faulty batch, but that’s all fine as they’ve sorted it out for me and I’ll just be keeping one of them. They were very helpful.

Their advice was to recycle one of them but I don’t know where to do that! The internet isn’t very helpful, plus it seems wasteful. Whilst the outer box is open, the dildo itself is still factory sealed in its original packaging. Does anyone have any ideas of how I can donate or recycle it? I don’t want it to end up in landfill. Thank you.

This is the product: https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/sex-toys/dildos/realistic-dildos/p/lifelike-lover-classic-realistic-dildo-6-inch/a22814g32729.html

3 Likes

In order to know about recycling, we’d need to know its components.

Ah, thank you. It’s this one: https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/sex-toys/dildos/realistic-dildos/p/lifelike-lover-classic-realistic-dildo-6-inch/a22814g32729.html

Christmas present for someone? Lol
Maybe even with Halloween coming up could put it in someone’s goodie bag :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I’ve bought them before for cake centrepieces…a hen night cake…a 30th and 40th birthday cake too.

Had to make sure no one in the party was offended beforehand but went down a treat each time.

Also bought sale item things from Lovehoney for “prizes” in girly nights in when doing games.

Don’t bin it I’m sure you can find some use for it…

4 Likes

@gracie4E Secret Santa :joy: … keep it for a Unicorn Halloween outfit or Pin the dildo on Santa… :joy:

2 Likes

:laughing: :laughing:

Pin the what on WHO??? :joy:

@Cuberdon :joy::joy::joy: exactly :joy::joy:you read it right :joy::joy: my mind wandered :eyes::joy:

1 Like

True. Lovehoney tend to use the catchall material statement of ‘soft plastic’ now which means it’s harder to know the detail - so that could mean anything from PVC to Jelly to TPE or TPR type of material.
Anything that is called ‘realistic’ in a toy is usually non-porous. Although there are some brands now like Blush Neo-elite that make dual-density silicone dildos. I’m digressing but yes the material is important to know. And also we’re sorry to say that the Squeaky Clean Toys marketplace wouldn’t be able to list that toy because of their body-safe policy (even as a new toy). It’s not saying that it’s not safe at all it’s just that they keep the rules simple and all toys have to be non-porous. So don’t waste time submitting a listing there!
You could ask LH what the actual material is because not all plastic can be recycled, e.g. PVC, because of the chemical additives that make the plastic soft and pliable would get released and that could be toxic.
The easiest solution would be to maybe it’s best to gift someone you know, or re-purpose it ( e.g.a doorstop…book-ends… the mind is wandering now;:wink:
Sorry it’s not an easy answer to give! But I hope that helps somewhat :slight_smile:
Do let us all know what you did in the end!

1 Like