Refuses to wear a condom

I would never EVER sleep with anyone if they didn't wear a condom. If they refused to use one, i would refuse to sleep with them!

Tell your friend to get some common sense and stop sleeping with him! She will end up riddled with STD's and with a bun in the oven.

And for the bloke:

Don't be silly, wrap your willy!

In my eyes - He refuses to wear a condom... she refuses him sex. Simple.

This guy could be living with aids FFS! < yes, a scare tactic. But seriously, any one could be unless YOU GET TESTED AND WEAR PROTECTION

They are both incredibly stupid!

Well she's going to end up preggers with chlamydia then isn't she! Good job they're moving in together, get them some antibiotics and a crib for their moving in gift xx

hmm i got tested a few days ago, as its that time of year again and im starting dating seriously at the moment.

the thing is they didnt offer me condoms when i went which is weird. (not that i need them and i can buy my own)

lol sl sounds like you have a dating season

gunther wrote:

lol sl sounds like you have a dating season

lol no season as such but i tend to get tested once a year at the start of summer.

plus work schedules tends to allow for more dating in summer!

Since becoming a single lad, whilst I don't think I should have reason to doubt my ex there's a nagging feeling so I went to the St. Barts GUM last week, at least then I will know all is ok, of course you wear condoms till you know the person but regardless I don't wanna be carrying sti's around!!
Having never been before I was shy but the doc was great, didn't feel embarrassed at all in the end. Only thing I wasn't prepared for was the swab from inside threw urethra! Which was taken with a sharp plastic instrument that looked like one of the rods you get in a game of kerplunk that stops the marbles falling down..ouccchh!

TTurtle wrote:

Since becoming a single lad, whilst I don't think I should have reason to doubt my ex there's a nagging feeling so I went to the St. Barts GUM last week, at least then I will know all is ok, of course you wear condoms till you know the person but regardless I don't wanna be carrying sti's around!!
Having never been before I was shy but the doc was great, didn't feel embarrassed at all in the end. Only thing I wasn't prepared for was the swab from inside threw urethra! Which was taken with a sharp plastic instrument that looked like one of the rods you get in a game of kerplunk that stops the marbles falling down..ouccchh!

Pfft nothing compared to a speculum.. eek!

dotdashdot wrote:

TTurtle wrote:

Vom. I still have nightmares about a gynae appointment that involved a speculum.

As an aside - if you have pain with a speculum - ask for a smaller one! I have had more internal examinations than I'd care to count but I *always* ask for them to order in the smaller speculum before the appt (if it's a GP) or ask them to use a smaller speculum (gynaes tend to have a range of sizes) because I'm on the small side and have nerve damage down there.

I agree with much of what has been said - it's silly to have unprotected sex. She might well trust him, but if he hasn't been tested and he hates using condoms it seems risky behaviour. When I lost my virginity to my fella (and he to me) I had been on the pill for a while but we still used protection for 6 months despite us having no exposure to STIs. I get tested regularly because I see a gynae regularly but even so it's not embarrassing to get tested regularly. It seems it before hand, but afterwards you wonder what you were worried about :)

Adx

dotdashdot wrote:

TTurtle wrote:

Ha I'm making no comparisons I'm sure what you have to endure isn't very pleasant at all, I've just never had anything (especially something plastic and sharp) go in instead of out!

the test that i had this time was a self done swab - no speculum just a cotton bud type thing that needed to be used. done in the toilet without any nurse supervision.

that was not too awkward. the only part that was uncomfortable was the throat swab

If you think a spectulum is painful, wait till you have a baby ;)

Spectulums aren't painful, it's better now that they are using plastic ones, least it's not as cold. You just have to keep relaxed, usually helps if you have a pillow under your bum too.

In general, I would tell someone they were totally nuts to not use protection unless they are on some sort of birth control. I would also tell her to be very careful as much as she is "in love with him" after 2 weeks STI's can cause a lot of damage if she continues to go untested and he has something. I've never gone condomless with anyone except my last long term boyfriend (Found out he was cheating and rushed to get checked asap)

Him refusing to wear a condom is actually quite selfish and I doubt she's the first one to hear that line off him.

When it comes to the OH, it was a bit of a surreal thing from the start and to be honest way different to my usual action with men. I think OH and I stopped using condoms a few weeks after meeting but we slept together the first day we met and we were basically at it like rabbits daily for that time. I knew I was clean as did he. I've been on the pill for years though and even though I didn't trust him 100% straight away we got on great and it was going with the gut I suppose. No regrets and we have been tested throughout the relationship especially when I had PID (from recurring UTI's and Thrush).

We'd never go bareback in a group fun thing though.

TTurtle wrote:

Just phoned the automated test results line..clean bill of health wooo come at me ladies..err....oh..

TTurtle wrote:

TTurtle wrote:

Just phoned the automated test results line..clean bill of health wooo come at me ladies..err....oh..

Come at you with a condom yes?! ;)

occhiverdi wrote:

TTurtle wrote:

TTurtle wrote:

Come at you with a condom yes?! ;)

haha of course! I actually picked up a load from the clinic plus the packet I bought just before I became single I have a healthy supply!!

Lol.... ah clinic condoms! I have a bag of them but they are untouched as its only for when we swing/play. Actually how long to they last?

occhiverdi wrote:

Lol.... ah clinic condoms! I have a bag of them but they are untouched as its only for when we swing/play. Actually how long to they last?

They usually have an expiry date written on the foil itself, a good couple of years or so though.
And yes they're not the best but they could come in handy in a pinch :)

i'll just add them to the waterballoon collection then :D