Regular sex with a good friend, good or bad idea?

So i have a very very good Denwood friend
So has suggested we have regular sex with each other and explore fantasy’s etc
I really like her, but not sure if us having sex is a good idea or not?

2 Likes

Well, if you don’t know, we can’t help ya!

3 Likes

Lol! Was hoping for some advice!

1 Like

As @JoCat states, we aren’t aware of your specifics, and this is really something you’d need to discuss with your friend. However, here’s some things to consider;

What are the boundaries? What happens if someone catches feelings? If either of you end up in another relationship, are you capable of breaking off your agreement and still remaining amicable?

You don’t need to answer them here, but they’re definitely some questions to consider and discuss with your friend. Hope this helps :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes

Thank you! Xx

I think we need to know a little more, Are you in a relationship currently, Are you married? Is she in a relationship / married. What is your current relationship with her?
What happens if one of you meets someone else? Could this effect friendship going forward?

It’s too early in the morning for me to think lol come with a full explanation next time and then I’ll pipe in with a yes or no :wink::laughing:

1 Like

Depending on your feelings and thoughts…

If it works for you go for it, if you feel uncertain don’t. Have a Frank and open conversation with her

Ok, now that I’ve woken up a bit, seeing as you’re asking the question, I’m going to say it’s a bad idea. You wouldn’t be asking if you wanted to do it.
If it’s not a straight yes, then it’s a no.

2 Likes

@cfcmattyc … when you say you aren’t sure if its a good idea, what are your concerns?

Many years ago me and a good friend started having casual sex with each other and I personally think because we was such good friends it made the sex better due to how well we know each other and now 17 years later she is not only still my best friend but my wife and mother of my children

3 Likes

As we used to say in the forces
He who dears wins

1 Like

Which arm of the forces was that ‘dear’ :joy::joy: (pesky spell checkers). No offence intended :+1::joy:

2 Likes

All depends on the ground rules I’d think :thinking: do you like her as in like like her? And does she like you in that way maybe or just sees you as a friend with potential benefits?

If the latter then I’d say it may get messy with emotions for you if it’s not reciprocated back. But again if you both know it’s only a FWB thing and nothing else then no harm in having some fun :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

One of my favorite FWB’s is a very good friend. For us that works fine. Of course it depends on a whole lot of things. I guess the most important thing is that you both are able to see it as ‘just sex’.

2 Likes

Losing a really good friend is my main concern

1 Like

Don’t get me wrong I really do, and since the subject came up I look at her so differently, I fancy her now!!! Maybe I always did but somehow suppressed my feelings.
The other side is I always want her in my life

I love her, you know like a friend
I’m scared of loosing an amazing friend - yeah negative mind set!!

@cfcmattyc I think you both need to talk it right through.
Does she have feelings for you?
What happens if one of you does catch feelings? Etc.

I have recently become friends with an ex (from 25 years ago) and the fact we used to have sex isn’t an issue so maybe there is a future after FWB!?

2 Likes

I loved the freedom and fun I had with FWB. The only boundary we had was no copping off with someone else if we were out with the rest of friends and had made a plan to hook up. Oh and condoms every time. When we met other people we simply stopped shagging and stayed mates. Years later we were both single again, but I decided not to go back to that arrangement as I had my eye on someone else.
We were both clear what we wanted and it bought a sort of efficient openess which was very satisfying all round.