Reviewers' Discount

Hi folks, I have just placed an order and I forgot to add my 20% reviewers’ discount. The order was packed so quickly that I couldn’t cancel and re-order.

I phoned customer services and was told that review discounts are only valid for 28 days.

I couldn’t, in that moment, find a recently dated email confirming a review discount offer. The last thing I reviewed was a secret tester and discount emails are not sent out if the product isn’t live, apparently (@Lovehoney_Brenna?)

As a courtesy the person I spoke to in customer services said that she could see from my account that I was a tester and a reviewer, and she refunded 15%.

I think this is all new - has anyone else found this? It is something to be aware of.

3 Likes

I used a reviewer discount a couple of days ago, and i’m pretty sure the email with the discount was a couple of months old as i’d forgot to use it. It worked for me.

2 Likes

@WillC the last review I wrote for a ‘Live’ item was November, but on the phone to Customer Services the last email I could find was from the summer. They wouldn’t accept it - had to be within the last 28 days.

If I had remembered at checkout online, maybe either of those would have worked.

I’ve checked the emails and no expiry date is mentioned. Maybe it is now - can anyone who has reviewed in the last 28 days confirm?

I’m not too concerned because it was a very small order - but if I had spent a lot I would be cross with myself for forgetting to use a discount link, and a bit cross about the (apparently?) new expiry date.

1 Like

I just search my inbox for one and use whichever one pops up, never had a problem with dates!

2 Likes

Me neither until today - and it was over the phone rather than online.

1 Like

I have had problems in the past with them not working, the first time it happened I spoke to someone at LH and they regenerated another code.

2 Likes

As i checked my order, i suddenly realised i had a review discount, so i went to the email in my Priority box and hit the link, it automatically redirected back to my basket and had deducted the discount. So maybe talking to a customer services person was your mistake?

2 Likes

@WillC this was half an hour after placing the order, so I couldn’t do that.

It doesn’t matter for this order - it was just a sale chemise and no great saving, but I think reviewers should be aware if their discount is now only valid for 28 days.

It is a perk anyway, as testers can usually keep whatever they are sent, but there isn’t much point in reviewing purchased items for a discount unless an order is planned within 28 days (apart from the public service, of course!).

2 Likes

… If you phone up. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Checked one of my recent emails and I can’t see the 28 day thing? When you click the link to get to the website, it says it’s active but they have the right to withdraw it at anytime.

I then checked one I got last year in September. Clicking the link gives me the same message (and I assume the same discount?) :person_shrugging:

2 Likes

Yes it’s a shame. I was just guessing that the discount may last longer if you use it via the email link. I can’t check because I deleted the email after i used the discount, but i am pretty sure it was at least 2 months old as of last weekend when i used it. Maybe I was lucky! Like you it wasn’t a big discount but it covered the postage!

2 Likes

Maybe it is fate telling me to order again and to get it right this time… test an old email… :sunglasses:
Might just do that…

3 Likes

That’s not strictly true. If it has a product page but it isn’t live yet then you get a ‘Your review is live! Have 20% off’ even if it’s not publicly visible, but if it’s a sample/prototype without a product page at all then there’s nothing to trigger the ‘Your review is live’ email.

So a bit of both. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

That rings true.
Maybe you could run a Customer Services training session :slight_smile:
Anyway - I have shopping to do - need to check whether or not email offers still work after 28 days.
I have found my mission for this week…

1 Like

I’m still using review codes from 2018 and they are working fine so I wonder if the person was mistaken.

I received a new one today for a review I’ve just written and there is no mention of the discount expiring.

4 Likes

Thanks @Calie. That’s what I wanted to know.
It is worth remembering to add the code at checkout, as Customer Services Advisers seem to have a different script - at least in this case.
I have to say I am impressed at the fast turn around of orders at such a busy time - I realised my mistake after half an hour and the item was already packed and ready to go.

4 Likes

Is it bad that I just add an extra item… Every single time, to ensure my order is over £40 so I can get the 25% discount :see_no_evil:
I’ve never even used any of my reviewer discounts.

5 Likes

If anyone is a carer, you can get 20% off that way rather than needing the reviewer discount :blush: there’s a link on the homepage :+1:t2:

EDIT: at least there used to be a link there!

2 Likes

Ha! @Cupc8kes good for you!
I wish I could - I’ve done it in the past but my collection of both toys and lingerie is now huge so I really can’t justify it.
Today’s purchase was this chemise - a bargain and I have other things from that range which I love.

1 Like

@MsR that’s is a bargain!

1 Like