Reviewing Reviews

Thanks. Ya we used one of the old ones about 5 years ago and hated it. Saw the good reviews for this one and we love it

1 Like

That is definitely something that I would have included, then. I find it really helpful when people compare to other products I might have tried in the past. Like you, I hated the previous C-shape one we had (the very original We-vibe) so hearing how much better this one works for you would be very relevant for me.

It’s still a good review though but those are the additional things that would be useful for me :blush:

1 Like

Me and my wife have used lovehoney for years but have only just started to leave reviews. Will they still get published if my writing skills aren’t the best but love all.product we have purchased

1 Like

I’ve seen some pretty rubbish reviews in the online store, to be honest. :joy:

I probably overwrite my reviews, but I think the most important thing is to be honest about what you like about a product (without going into sexually explicit detail) and include also what you don’t like/why it doesn’t get 5 stars. I always try not to dock stars if it’s just a matter of some preference but it works well.

If by “my writing skills aren’t the best” you mean spelling and punctuation are tough I recommend writing the narrative/long description part of your review in Word or a Google Doc so you have the chance to review the spellcheck and grammar suggestions, then copy and paste into form.

Doesn’t have to win the Nobel Prize for Literature, just a little effort and honesty!

2 Likes

I can never write a good review they always look and read crap can anyone give me some tips please

1 Like

Hi @carzy , I haven’t been about for a bit but have moved your question here as the My Reviews thread is literally just a place we can keep track of our reviews. Also… to answer your question, this is the thread you want to read!

There is loads of advice at the start about what people think is important to include in reviews to make them good. I think it’s well worth a read but also, and not essential, but if you are comfortable doing so, please post a few of your reviews here and myself (and hopefully other testers) can offer you some helpful feedback :blush:

…Sorry if I’ve missed other feedback given to you in other threads, I’m not fully caught up yet!

The reviews I dislike the most are when the reviewer goes on and on in infinite detail about the packaging. Seriously, I don’t care, it’s irrelevant. I’m not buying the toy to have fun with the packaging. Focus your review on the toy, how loud it is, how it made you feel, pros and cons, and if you recommend others should try it. Also, the forum moderators need to close and delete the toy test postings once they have selected the people to test the product. It’s not fair to people to expect a possibility that they could test a toy when the selection is done. It also bogs down the forum with endless updates to closed out tests. Thank you for listening to my feedback. Overall, I love the forum and the reviews but the items I described above need to be changed.

Testers are closed (hidden) by @Lovehoney_Brenna once full @DaveSmith (You will still see them from your activity if you commented but nobody else will. Uselessly they have a :locked: near the title. Hope this helps :relieved_face:

How do I stop seeing them? It’s to the point where it’s out of control.

If you go to Testers, and click the blank space next to where it says latest (assuming you are using a mobile) you will get multiple opinions for that category. Mute, watching, tracking and so on.

I often use the :bell: at the bottom of individual threads and click mute; which cleans up my homepage (latest) of repetitive posts like pegging or ones I’ve previously commented on.

But as you’ll notice, there is only 5 testers available right now because many was hidden :blush:

1 Like

The little bell at the bottom of each post also allows you to mute future notifications on specific posts.

For example: anytime I reply to a tester post i immediately get to the bottom and select “Mute” so that I don’t get notified of other responses to that thread.

I also have the general tester category set to always update me to new topics, so I get s notification that there’s a new tester list, I respond if I’m interested, then I mute that conversation to avoid future notifications.

1 Like