Right toy - Wrong lube?

In my last order, I bought a Lovehoney Reversible Double Stroker Extreme Ridges.
http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=30097

This was my first toy of this type as I had never used a male mastabater before. My previous purchases have been mostly in the anal or accessory division but I thought, what they hey right?

Overall, quite happy with it and the sensations are intense but more often than not I find that I'm using tonnes of lube as it dries out quite quickly. It ends up pulling the foreskin back to the point where it is uncomfortable.

I've tried a variety of water based lubes included lovehoney branded Discover but again it's very hit and miss. I'm not blaming the toy here, I must have very absorbant skin... - I often use a silicone lube for handjobs and during anal (without toys) as I have heard all too often about why we shouldn't mix silicone lube with non-glass/metal toys as it could react and degrade the toy.

Is the no silicone lube rule still the case with a 'skin-safe rubber' toy that remains outside the body such as as this? Or will the rubber break away and damage?

Can anyone recommend a remedy? Has anyone risked mixing silicone lube with a rubber toy and lived to tell the tale...?

Thanks for any help guys.

It can wear down some rubber too, so it's not something that's usually recommended, but if you'd really prefer to use this type of lubricant then I would do a patch test on the toy first to see how the two react. Your best bet might be a hybrid lubricant with a very small percentage of silicone in it? Either of those two ideas would need to be tested on the toy beforehand and even after that, I would pay close attention to the toy and make sure no damage has taken place since the last use.

I was thinking maybe you could try a thicker water based lube designed for anal play. It might work better, I would recommend Maximus :)

Sxleksaker wrote:

I was thinking maybe you could try a thicker water based lube designed for anal play. It might work better, I would recommend Maximus :)

Yep, this. Or Lubido.

I've been through a few of these type of strokers, I find after a few uses they soften up a little. I often (but less so recently) use the LH warming delay lube and, give the sleeve a thorough wash BEFORE using hot to warm water in an effort to soften it up a little before hand. I usually find a second lube application necessary but not a huge issue.

Hope this helps

Remember with any water based lube, if it starts to dry out in use, a few sprinkles of water will often restore its effect? for a while as its the water thats missing.