Safe word

Just a light hearted post, what's everyone's safe word? Have you used it often?

Harder haha

we have colours......yellow is our limit and red is stop

Love to know other opinions or ideas I like to gag my wife a lot so decided to use click of her fingers rather than a safe word

The classic traffic light system. GREEN means everything is ok, and you are happy to continue play. AMBER means ‘slow down’ or ‘I’m close to my limit’ and RED means ‘all play stops immediately’ is always a safe bet, especially at the beginning of a BDSM relationship. I also like to use ‘please’ or ‘mercy’.

When using a gag, you could either bang your hand on the bed, click your fingers or hold a bell/squeaky toy which can be used or dropped according to the rules you have both decided. The bell/toy is especially important if your partner is tied up as well.

Although we don't have a safe word yet, I find myself doing the tap if it's enough lol

Don't like to break the atmosphere too much, so I just go for an 'out there' means of saying stop that would be rather unnatural to say during play, like 'cease'

We don't have a safe work. I think hubby knows my boundries and goes just past them which I wouldn't have any other way xx

Like Maturecpl, we don't have one. We've never felt the need. (We are so alike in so many ways Maturecpl!)

My husband certainly pushes me, and he's helped me to remove most of the red lines I used to have (and there are still a few we are working on), but he's never gone too far, and I've never felt unsafe. It is frightening how well he can read me. xx

I'm poly and too lazy to remember different safewords för different partners... So we use green, yellow/orange and red.

The weirdest safeword I've ever had was nationalencyklopedin ("The National Encyclopedia" in Swedish). ![](upload://5BDs2y1gm13l2R58ovmAMxyNM3f.gif)

Smultron wrote:

I'm poly and too lazy to remember different safewords för different partners... So we use green, yellow/orange and red.

The weirdest safeword I've ever had was nationalencyklopedin ("The National Encyclopedia" in Swedish).

That would definitely kill the mood!

AsYouWish! wrote:

I never got to use it, but killing the mood would probably be the point, haha!

I've never had a Safe word apart from the obvious Stop or It Hurts but really like the Traffic light system, can't believe I have never thought of. Will start using this now like the Amber for slow down. X

When we played in a 3sum we flip flop as a safe word as its not associated with playing, fortunately we never had to use it.

I really love the traffic light idea! mines always been pineapple or putting my hand up into the stop position, but definitely going to give the traffic way a go!

It’s good to use a very random word if you don’t like the traffic light system. Giraffe for instance

We use two taps or verbally a "pause". We have struggled to find a suitable safe word and I really like the traffic light system so may use that, thanks for the tip.

Traffic lights system works fine :)

AsYouWish! wrote:

Smultron wrote:

The weirdest safeword I've ever had was nationalencyklopedin ("The National Encyclopedia" in Swedish).

If is was mood killing and my OH was top all I would have to say was Jacob Rees Mogg and she would spend the next 30 minutes ranting about “that odious man”. Mood effectively dead.

Otherwise, traffic lights, or, if gagged, a head shake from side to side with a firm “uh, uh”.

Does anyone remember Ally McBeal? Cage used to say Poughkeepsie as part of his stammer - I always thought that would be a good safe word (apart from for Cage obviously!)

Rest