safewords

was just being curious.

what are peoples safewords?

we dont really have one because he knows my limits and doesnt push past them.

Jellyfish!!!!!

Sum Sub wrote:

Jellyfish!!!!!

lol love that!

We have a sort of general safeword of 'Kangaroo', but it's more of a relationship thing than necessarily a sex thing. We don't tend to use safewords during sex unless it's one we've agreed on just for that session, but if it was really serious then 'kangaroo' would be applicable. Sounds odd, but in the right context it's sort of our most serious word. It'd be a massive trust issue if either of us 'kangaroo'ed something that wasn't true or such like.

Our other one is 'bark', which is just a sort of check instead of a stop. Like 'bark' (Are you ok, is everything fine and you're still yourself?). then 'bark' as a response would be that everything's fine. Bit of a weird one, but a lot quicker and easier than forming it as a proper sentence.

Yep, I feel thoroughly odd explaining those systems ;)

Skitty wrote:

We have a sort of general safeword of 'Kangaroo', but it's more of a relationship thing than necessarily a sex thing. We don't tend to use safewords during sex unless it's one we've agreed on just for that session, but if it was really serious then 'kangaroo' would be applicable. Sounds odd, but in the right context it's sort of our most serious word. It'd be a massive trust issue if either of us 'kangaroo'ed something that wasn't true or such like.

Our other one is 'bark', which is just a sort of check instead of a stop. Like 'bark' (Are you ok, is everything fine and you're still yourself?). then 'bark' as a response would be that everything's fine. Bit of a weird one, but a lot quicker and easier than forming it as a proper sentence.

Yep, I feel thoroughly odd explaining those systems ;)

hey no need to feel odd.

and no need to share if none wants to I just thought it was a interesting topic.

Mine's pancake for 'nope, stop this, stop everything' and mercy for a check-in/take a step back type of thing. Not entirely sure why I picked pancake, honestly!

pinkanimal wrote:

was just being curious.

what are peoples safewords?

we dont really have one because he knows my limits and doesnt push past them.

We are pretty much the same. Like on paper (so to speak) we do have safe words agreed (just the standard traffic light system), and we've talked about hand signals if I'm gagged etc. But usually we are communicating fully while playing, so rather than yell 'yellow' I can just say to him 'honey this is going a bit far for me'. We never really have had a situation for needing a safe word.

I agreed on safe words in a previous relationship and was ignored and subsequently abused. So I no longer hold much faith in one word holding any meaning. I prefer to keep it that stop means STOP and that there is NEVER a ban on honest and extended communication, no matter who is in the sub role. I know I could trust my current partner, but the damage has been done in my case and safe words just aren't enough to make me feel safe!

I don't have to use safewords normally, as Mr Scorpius can read me very well, but we do have the the traffic light system in place if I feel I need to. GREEN to let my Mr Scorpius know that I am comfortable to continue - especially during a new activity or something that is more daring.

AMBER means ‘slow down’ or ‘I’m close to my limit’ and RED means ‘all play stops immediately’. If I am wearing a gag, then I either bang my hand on the bed or click my fingers to alert him. You can also hold a squeaky toy or a bell too :) xx

ARMAGEDDON!

Armageddon! why that ?

it is possibly one of the funnyest things I have ever heard

and my little lady both love it has us both in stitches

if you GOOGLE ( armageddon radio annoucer struggles with funny story )

you get a you tube link PLEASE BE AWARE ITS NOT WORK SAFE !!

but its sound only no images

Scorpius12 wrote:

I don't have to use safewords normally, as Mr Scorpius can read me very well, but we do have the the traffic light system in place if I feel I need to. GREEN to let my Mr Scorpius know that I am comfortable to continue - especially during a new activity or something that is more daring.

AMBER means ‘slow down’ or ‘I’m close to my limit’ and RED means ‘all play stops immediately’. If I am wearing a gag, then I either bang my hand on the bed or click my fingers to alert him. You can also hold a squeaky toy or a bell too :) xx

Agree wholeheartedly with this. Traffic light system works really well and can be used to convey a lot more info,than one safe word :)

Banana haha safe words are really funny because it has to be something you would never say during sex normally

Banana too, thanks Family Guy!

Basically means "whatever follows is to be taken literally"

When I was in my late teens/early twenties, my boyfriend admitted to being quite submissive and we explored BDSM because of that. It's what helped me realise that I am quite dominant sexually in general, although I've never had a specific BDSM dynamic with anyone since that. So, that first relationship was the only one where we needed a safeword.

Our safe word was "Bananahammock".We decided on something really funny in the hope that, if anything ever went far enough that he felt the need to use it, the asburd experience of shouting "bananahammock" during sex would lighten the mood. He never needed to use it, although he did shout it a couple of times during vanilla sex when he came, just to make me dissolve into laughter.

Since i'm not into BDSM or roleplay, or anything that would become risky, I think for me the word "stop" will suffice. I don't imagine my partner will ever do anything for me to need to ask him to stop though, but if he does a gentle push away and a "stop" would do it i think.

With my OH we don't use one as I know her very well and know how far she can go or how much further I can push her during play.

With other play partners that I don't know as well or is their first time then traffic light system until we are comfortable with a single safeword of their choosing.

We don't have one...we mostly only take part in light bondage, but even vanilla sex can go wrong sometimes, but asking him to stop is enough. I do like being gagged every now and again and we decided I'd just pull away if something was wrong. Even during bondage and gagging we are very affectiinate/cuddly, so he would never follow me if I pulled away. We've had no issues so far ![](upload://ez5kOkpKXRZOxjavAURYmQxVTau.gif)