Secret Email Addresses

Hi how many of you out there have an email address that your OH doesnt know about!!! x x x

dont see the point...we dont read each others mails anyway

I do however I don't feel that it is a bad thing as they aren't used for anything I'm trying to hide, one is for business and other for personal things such as ordering products online.

I have no emails that my guy doesnt know about (He even knows my passwords to them) If I have something to hide (Example: Recently I bought his birthday gifts online) Then I will tell him to not go into my emails because of this.

If I make friends online, he is generally the first person to know about it. I dont see why I would need a secret email address (or to hide the fact I have online friends) from him? In my mind, this would only make sense in two situations:

1) You are up to no good, maybe flirting, cybering, picture swapping (or at the very least, you hope to do this with someone at some point) and clearly need to hide that from your partner so you set up a secret email.

2) You are completely innocently making friends online but you are with an extremely jealous person who is very possessive and goes nuts at you chatting to anyone ever.

Both reasons suggest to me some kind of breakdown/distrust/resentment or lack of interest in the relationship. Although I think it is completely normal to chat with friends and not have to share every aspect of your life with your partner, actually going out your way to keep something secret suggests something is wrong somewhere.

Never needed to. I have two e-mail addresses, but that's because I use one for professional reasons and the other was a ridiculous e-mail that I set up at 13 (need I say more?!). Unfortunately it's linked to everything and I'm too lazy to change that!

No need to have one x

Forget about an OH. I have email addresses I don't know about.

rose hip wrote:

Forget about an OH. I have email addresses I don't know about.

^ this.

I have at least half a dozen email addresses that I use for different things and I dont think there is anybody that i've told all of them to. (and afew that I cant even remember the password for...oops) I only use email for boring stuff anyway, and have nothing to hide from potential partners.

Nope. Both mine and the other halfs emails are always logged on the iPad and we both know each others social media passwords

My other half tells me who texts him too

Yes i have to many lots i cant remember,Noting to really do with hiding my emails from here.

I dont go into her emails and she doesn't go into mine.Simply AS.

I have a number of email addresses for different purposes, while my wife only uses my "main" email account, it is not a secret that I have other accounts.

She knows for example that I use an account to chat to my online friends on here. After 22 years of being married there is a level of trust that means we do not look at each others emails and are both very open about or online friendships.

I have several email addresses, so does the OH. We both know eachothers passwords not that we'll log in on eachothers email, and every now and again read over anothers shoulder. There are no secrets in our relationship, not even tineeeyyyy tineyyyy ones. We're both open about what we want, who we talk to, why we're talking to said person, and he visits my friends with me as i visit his friends with him, and ofcourse we do get time to ourselves with our friends and by ourselves, we'd have nothing to talk about otherwise. We like the way we have our relationship, and this has been from day one, and i wouldnt have it any other way (:

It is a poor reflection on your relationship if you have secrets like that

BDSM wrote:

not in every situation.....I have dozens of friends in real life that my wife doesnt know about that apart from internet or on line friends....doesnt mean anything at all.....I wouldnt discuss all the friends I have with my wife......we have much more important things to discuss when we are together

gunther wrote:

BDSM wrote:

not in every situation.....I have dozens of friends in real life that my wife doesnt know about that apart from internet or on line friends....doesnt mean anything at all.....I wouldnt discuss all the friends I have with my wife......we have much more important things to discuss when we are together

I have to agree with gunther, I have many LinkedIn connections who I would not expect my wife to know or be interested in because they are largely related to work or voluntary work. But as I said above we have no secrets about who we regularly chat to online including friends who I am in email contact from here.

Nope, but I do have a spam one which I give out to companies etc.... So it leaves my personal one clear....

Yes I have a Yahoo address on my profile!

the problem here is the secrecy.

There will no doubt be people who your OH has no idea about, but keeping secret email addresses implies there is something one person is intentionally hiding from the other, more than just wouldn't be interested in, positively hiding.

ive never felt the need for secrets when ive had a partner . im very open so its not an issue for me nor can i see it ever being one . i would be upset though if i found my partner ( if i had one ) was keeping thigs like this from me .

I have more than one email address but my partner knows about it, think i've still got old ones that i don't use anymore.

He could access my emails if he wanted, same as he could go checking the text messages on my phone but he doesn't cos he trusts me. I don't chat to people via email anyway but he knows i'd tell him if i was.