Secret Tester's FAQ (old)

Lovehoney - Leanne wrote:

Hello there

So as we are posting for more regular testers that are secret I thought a little FAQ may help.

When will the product be sent?

Sometimes on the same day as receiving the 'you have been selected email'. Sometimes I find reviewers ready for the samples to come in.  I will always mention if the samples are not ready yet in the posting thread. So if this has been mentioned please expect the item within a month. A dispatch email shall be sent via me or the warehouse on dispatch.

Why is my review order showing as cancelled?

I set the order up in the account for review chaser purposes, I then manually send the item to you :) Unless I have made a mistake and in this case, I will email haha!

Where can I see the product description?

You can’t. The item is not live so we do not have that access to give you. If there are special instructions they will be included in the parcel.

What is the RRP?

Occasionally we know this but not always, so if I can give the RRP I certainly will on the letter that arrives with the secret tester. I can never give an exact RRP as this isn’t always shared until it is due to go live. If you do not have the RRP please continue the review without this.

The product page link does not work, where can I review this?

The product page will not work until it is live. Always use the review link in this case.

My review says it is live but the link will not work?

It will not work until the product goes live, as soon as it shows on the site so will your review.

How can I be selected for a secret item?

They are from forum posts that crop up stating REVIEW in the title. You need to pop your name to the list by commenting with the item name you wish to be considered for. Live reviews are a requirement and typically I look for people that have had an item from the tester list before. Please also make sure all the questionnaires are completed, this way you may get a super secret email to review for us.

When does my review need to be in?

1 month, unless I state otherwise on the thread and email. Some secret items do require a quick turnaround. The deadline if sooner, will be stated on the forum or in the invitation email so please read the details in full before committing. The deadline DOES NOT include shipping. If there are delays in receiving your parcel (super rare) do let me know ASAP.

Am I Blacklisted, I haven't received a tester recently? Do I have a black mark against my name?

I have started emailing warnings for testers, much like rule breaking in the forum. This can be due to not keeping to the T & Cs eg: sharing details of an item that is not yet live on the site. However we are not obliged to send warnings, so this will not always happen. If you have stuck to the T &Cs, deadlines and are not receiving chaser emails it is safe to say you are ok and it is simply that you have not been suited to some recent testers. Please do remember it is a privilege and not a right.

Reasons you will receive a 'black mark': Sharing data that is not yet shareable, Constant chasers being sent, No email communication to chasers, Quality of reviews has decreased- we may think you need a break from testers, Whistleblowing via social media in regards to LH- we need to trust our reviewers especially as we are sending not yet released items. If you think: ah yes this rings a bell you may have a black mark - sorry.

YOU WILL NOT BE BLACKLISTED FOR RECEIVING THE ODD CHASER EMAIL. If you do have any issues/ need a break please simply email me: community@lovehoney.co.uk

Do we take the amount of forum activity by a member into consideration when selecting testers?

The short answer is no.

Message count does not contribute towards becoming a tester. We do state:  "If we feel that your reviews are well written, honest and informative and you have contributed positively to the forums". This is nothing to do with the amount of activity.  

The forum activity gives us an insight into the tester's likes and dislikes so certainly by positively contributing it can help be selected for the right item but it certain won't stop you ever being selected.  

Can I share details of my item on this forum? 

No.  This includes images.  They are secret testers until they potentially go live. Failure to keep them hush hush can result in removal from the tester programme. If you have a question about secret testers please contact customer care. 

This is the disclaimer you will see on the review threads: 

**PLEASE DO NOT POST OR SHARE THESE ITEMS ON ANY FORMS OF SOCIAL MEDIA, BLOGS, FORUM AND SO ON, AS THESE ARE SECRET TESTERS.THIS INCLUDES IMAGES AND PRODUCT NAME****

Any questions I may have missed , post below and I will add them ...

**BUMP** 

2 Likes