šŸ’Ŗ Self love and success - We want to hear about it!

Hey All,

Weā€™re currently working on writing a new blog post and would love some input from you all!

What do you love about yourself?

What would you say is your biggest strength/asset?

What makes you feel confident?

Is there anything that used to cause insecurity that you have learned to love and embrace?

Let us know down below! :smiley:

11 Likes

I donā€™t love anything about myself, but i think my strength/asset is that anything I do i always do to the best of my ability, no half measures.

Used to be insecure about my skinny frame and freckled face, but with age the freckles have gone and i a carry a bit more weight and am quite muscular.

Donā€™t think i am especially confident about anything.

8 Likes

Here you goā€¦

What do you love about yourself? My ability to brighten up someoneā€™s mood in the darkest of days. I am a walking ray of sunshine as many of my customers tell me haha.

What would you say is your biggest strength/asset? Openness maybe? Youā€™ll never have an awkward conversation with me. Nothing is off the record and I will always listen and never judge.

What makes you feel confident? LINGERIE. Like my god. I feel so good in it.

Is there anything that used to cause insecurity that you have learned to love and embrace? Not sure about this to be honest. I had a stammer when I was younger and a complete quivering wreck and couldnā€™t get one word out. Now, I can speak normally 99% of the time with only a rare occasion I stumble on certain words.

Xx

11 Likes

Great questions!

I love that I have become someone people can confide in, and seek advice from. Iā€™ve become that person whose home is always open for those who need it.

My biggest strength is my ability to engage with anyone in conversation about their interests, as Iā€™m always curious for knowledge and always keep the conversation going with more questions.

My confidence comes from my sense of style. Whether just my everyday clothes or lingerie, I know what to wear, it makes me feel confident and I know damn well how good I look :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I used to have huge body image issues, with being both small-ish and curvy, I never fit in with plus-sized or straight-sized fashion, as I fell in between, and a lot of clothing didnā€™t ever fit right, because they werenā€™t made with an hourglass figure in mind. It took a long time to learn to love my own body, and feel comfortable in my own skin (Iā€™ve written a little bit about it on the forum somewhere), but I came to realise that having an hourglass shape was one of my biggest assests, and purged every item of clothing that didnā€™t look flattering on my bodytype, changing my style to suit me.

Sorry itā€™s a little lengthy :sweat_smile:

11 Likes

Nothing i love about myself, however
I do take pride in being recognised as an honest , reliable and trustworthy guy.

6 Likes

Love about myself - Iā€™m still working on that. Maybe the way my brain retains random knowledge? Or my twisted sense of humour. Iā€™m learning to love my quirks.

Biggest strength/asset - Wanting to make other people happy. I love giving people random little compliments and gifts to make people smile.

Feeling confident - Knowing what Iā€™m doing. Being with close friends who know me and who I can be myself with.

Insecurity - Iā€™ve never been one of the popular people or fit in, I used to feel left out and wonder why I struggled to make small talk and be interested in makeup and shallow fluffy stuff like most of the other girls (from my personal experience, I know not everyone is like that). Fairly recently Iā€™ve realised that Iā€™m autistic and have ADHD and itā€™s been a revelation. Itā€™s made so much in my life make a lot more sense and I love knowing why Iā€™m different and that I can embrace my neurodiversity and be proud of it. So I guess Iā€™ve learned to love my unique view of things :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

10 Likes

The timber looks well on you sir.

3 Likes

I dont think there is anything i truly love about myself , many things i like but thats not the same really ,
My biggest strength is dealing with a medical condition that effects my daily life (boring i know)
And the one and only thing that gives me true confidence and not just a brave face is my OH , i feel i can take on the world when he is next to me , he knows i get nervous in some situations and a simple squeeze of my hand or a loving look has me ready to face everyone .
Have not learnt to love and embrace any insecurities ā€¦yet

8 Likes

Thanks @Iwill and i like to think that like you i am recognised as a reliable, honest and trustworthy! :+1:

7 Likes

My creativity. :slight_smile: in my spare time Iā€™m always making something, be it dioramas or knitting or jewelleryā€¦ I love having the ability to make pretty things.

That Iā€™m very adaptable. :slight_smile: even if life throws things at me I always find a way to navigate through it.

Being self-sufficient. I also live on a boat and the fact I can drive that boat like a boss. :sunglasses:

Is there anything that used to cause insecurity that you have learned to love and embrace?

Kind of. I used to think it was a weakness in how much I care for people, but now I see it as a strength that I can be there for people when they need me. I like it :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Iā€™m a dreamer. My headā€™s always in the clouds. Inventing instead of improvising, believing a comeback is ALWAYS possible and convincing the people around me theyā€™re capable of anything. I love having the ability to see the potential of everything Iā€™m blessed with.

6 Likes

Rightā€¦ here goes :thinking:
Nothing really stands out but I would say I was loyal to those close to me.

A calming influence and being able to see both sides of an argument to be able to make a informed decision or play mediator.

For me it is down to my mindset and what I am wearing. If you feel and look the part you ooze confidence.

Being naked and body confidence. I am neither fat nor thin but I was always quite introvertedā€¦ today I accept myself for who I am and quite like the differences between me being an introvert but also a sexual extrovert.

7 Likes

Having cerebral palsy as a disability and being in a wheelchair, I have pretty much no confidence around other people so itā€™s very difficult for me to love myself as me. Having a speech problem I tend to keep myself to myself when in public.

Also not having a partner in my life to tell me otherwise makes it even harder to like at least something about myself.

My biggest strengths? I think you can guess lol, other than that i canā€™t think of any.

I just take each day as it comes.

8 Likes

You can have confidence with us, cos weā€™re your friends and here to support you.
I know you always come across as positive and friendly despite your health issues, so i think that is a major strength you have.
The patience and good nature you showed earlier in the year whilst waiting for your constantly delayed new chair spoke volumes.

11 Likes

Hey Brenna

Whilst i wait for you to give us a peep at your responses, hereā€™s my thoughts, oh and whereā€™s @Ian_Chimp when you need him to do that ā€œspoilerā€ thing to add to the suspense? With all the quality answers above, iā€™ll look a real shallow sshle but here goes. You did askā€¦

My legs (derr), my bum, my brain

Fitness and Stamina
Giving others confidence in themselves

Rocking an outfit on a night out.
Knowledge.

The lump where the broken ends of my collar bone healed over each other. Looks horrible naked or with most femine clothing. Now i see it as a reminder that God can do anything

Hmmmm, maybe not quite so shallow as i thought xx

Anyone who answered ā€˜nothingā€™ to the first question , please acknowledge the something. It IS there xx :heart:

11 Likes

Great initiative, we all need a bit more positivity and self love in our lives :slight_smile:

• I love that I live life the way I want, that Iā€™m comfortable and confident taking a path less traveled. I love that Iā€™m empathetic, altruistic, and caring. And I love my long legs!

• My ability to get shit done :smiley: Iā€™ve always been organized and proactive and really enjoyed making things happen.

• I feel confident when Iā€™m talking about subjects I care about or doing something I love. I also feel confident when I put on a killer outfit or get unexpected feedback from colleagues/friends

• I used to be insecure about being a woman who was ā€œtoo muchā€ - too bossy, too organized, too loud, too quick to lead - But Iā€™ve learned to love my own presence, to recognize these characteristics as strengths. If anyone sees them as too much then theyā€™re not the folks I want to spend my time on and thatā€™s okay

This was fun to write, thanks for the prompt Brenna!

6 Likes

Iā€™ve been sitting on replying to this because talking positively about myself is something Iā€™m terrible at doing but is also something I want to work on, so letā€™s start that journey.

Iā€™m a very open, warm and welcoming person. Iā€™m a listener and like to think Iā€™m approachable. Iā€™ll welcome anyone in with open arms and support them. I root for the underdog and if I feel somebody is being treated unfairly Iā€™ll say it.

Iā€™m usually the calm amidst the storm. I reflect before I act and never respond abruptly.

Being organised, ticking off to-do lists and feeling accomplished. Also, my support system (friends, partner, family and my following on social media - all build me up every day in their own ways).

I think Iā€™ve been able to view what I used to consider weaknesses as strengths now. Being the quieter person in the group, which once I was so conscious of, now actually means I am the person that listens and often comforts people. Physically, I am pale, have freckles, wear glasses and had/have red hair (which is now dyed a bright red) and Iā€™ve learnt that those characteristics are ā€œmeā€ and stand out as things that people close to me love about me and in turn Iā€™ve fallen in love with those things too.

9 Likes

Thanks @Ian_Chimp
:grin:

2 Likes

I donā€™t like anything about me. I do not accept my body. The only time I love my body is when Iā€™m wearing beautiful, elegant and sexy lingerie. I try to accept myself more and more thanks to others, thanks to my character.
My past has made me a strong, solid person. I am proud of what I have become.

2 Likes

I love my curves, I love my confidence. I have an illness that causes me chronic pain and was ashamed of my need for BDSM for a long time. But not anymore. Iā€™ve embraced my sexuality more and more thanks to kink.

4 Likes