Sex Toy Forum

I've just noticed this, and I'm wondering - Why on earth has the name changed to Sex Toy Forum?

Toys are a very small part of what gets discussed on here. To my mind the value of the forum is the space it gives for people to discuss their sexual kinks, questions, frustrations and fun. It's a place to ask for (and receive) advice on all matters sexual, and some not remotely sexual, but deeply personal. It is a unique and really supportive community of customers, and does, among other things, a grand job of keeping the customer base loyal.

Calling it a Sex Toy Forum gives entirely the wrong impression to newcomers.

PS - see the 'What does the Forum mean to you' thread

Historically it has always been called sex toy forum. Now it makes it easier for Google to locate too.

I also think is to try and make it clearer that it is a forum to discuss things related to the site, ie sex toys.

Pretty sure once people get into the forum they will see the threads and subjects discussed here.

So, I am not sure it gives the entirely wrong impression as it is a sex toy forum at the core of it all.

Hmmm. It seems more like a sex forum to me. But I get your drift. I think if it's kept open, people stay with LH because it's such a cool and useful place

I think if we called it a 'sex forum' we leave it open to unwanted attention if you get what I mean. It is hard enough to stop people thinking it is for hook ups haha!

Sex toy forum seems a happy medium in this case.

I think it was created as a space to talk about sex toys but the members have taken it in different directions. It's good to have that variation and a safe place that's moderated and the rules set out so well. The toy tips I have learnt from here as well as all the knowledge shared from other members has been amazing.

Lovehoney - Leanne wrote:

I think if we called it a 'sex forum' we leave it open to unwanted attention if you get what I mean. It is hard enough to stop people thinking it is for hook ups haha!

Sex toy forum seems a happy medium in this case.

I agree with this πŸ‘πŸ» I don't use the forums as often as I once used to, but calling it a sex forum would certainly attract the wrong type of forum posts, especially late night and weekends. Was gutted when the social tab disappeared but it's just I don't like change but getting used to it now.

Purring-Pussy wrote:

Was gutted when the social tab disappeared but it's just I don't like change but getting used to it now.

I think it's smart to move it under an 'Advice' heading rather than Social but I do think it was far more convenient to have it accessible from my pull down menu (mobile version) rather than at the bottom of the page. If I'm jumping from a product list the bottom of the page is very far away.

People come to Love Honey initially to buy sex toys. Thats what Love Honey is, so I think the name is in keeping with what the site is. As leanne said once you enter the forum you can see that there is more of a social side to it with some really great advice.

β€œWhat's in a name? That which we call a rose. By any other name would smell as sweet.”

I think it fits well with Lovehoney selling sex toys makes sense![](upload://ez5kOkpKXRZOxjavAURYmQxVTau.gif) Sex forum is good but then you do have people thinking anything goes.