Sex toy packaging

What do you guys do with the packaging once you've received your items?
My latest order included a Lovehoney Super Smoothie 7-inch Vibrator, Tracey Cox Travel Massager and a free Swoon Shimmy set. It's a bit of a Catch-22 situation for me because the packaging on these items are LOVELY and I really don't want to throw them out, but I'm also worried about the packaging being found by my family/relatives, who might otherwise not know what the items are used for! Argh...

I keep them in the boxes they come in
(the brown ones) incase I need to return them for any reason, like if they break.

I have a lot of toys so I just can't keep the packaging for all of them; it takes up far too much room.

I end up ripping it into little peices and putting it in a bag and then putting it into the recycling bin.

It depends on how practical/pretty the original packaging is. I keep it for some products, and then for other toys I like to use the LH satin bags.

I don't bother ripping the boxes. I just put them in the recycling the way they are :')

Like the Swoon Shimmy set - I threw away the paper/card packaging sleeve thing, and just keep it in the tin. It's so pretty!

You can use the same box to post things back to LH? Is that allowed by Royal Mail? Am new to posting things through mail...

Yeah, probably.

It says this on the returns policy page:

1. 2. Package up your return securely
    Include as much original packaging as possible - batch numbers and barcodes help us to improve our service. Please remember to clean anything that needs it.

1. As long as it won't get ripped open/damaged during postage, I think it'll be fine.

makemorememories wrote:

You can use the same box to post things back to LH? Is that allowed by Royal Mail? Am new to posting things through mail...

everyone does it, if i need to post something i will reuse a jiffy bag or LH box that doesn't look to battered or used

I always keep the packaging but I also have special boxes to hide them in plus my mum knows all about my lovehoney obsession so I have nothing to hide Xx

I tend to recycle all the packaging where I can, as I don't have room for boxes and plastic. Everything is stored in LH satin bags, in LH gift boxes x

I don't keep the toy packaging - I store the majority of my toys in a lock-box but unfortunately it is now full and I've had to revert to storing toys in the boxes that LH have mailed me.

Need to get more storage boxes!

My OH has very nearly completed my 'kinky cupboard'. Purple velvet walls, black PVC shelves, and glass cake stands and other ornaments to display my favourite items. I always keep the boxes, it makes displaying my toys easier, and makes it easier to find what I'm looking for!

I actually had to buy box when I was returning an item, but i was surprised low little the Czech Post charges for those, considering they are very durable and sturdy. Plus they put it together for me on the spot. So if you think ou may want to return the item, it is better to keep the box.

My reason why I do not keep LH boxes is that there were only handful of items I returned so far and the boxes are usually far larger than the items inside them. So they just take too much space. I do keep the boxes from the toys themselves for storage reasons, but even that is starting to take space and I am actually starting to limit the number of toys I buy.

I have kept a couple of the brown packing boxes in case of the need to return. The others are re-used for items sold on eBay or given to a friend who sells stuff and always needs boxes. I make sure the delivery label is removed first!

The real problem is the actual toy packaging; as our collection grows so does the number of inserts and boxes and you can't keep it all. The toys we use regularly are in individual bags and stored with lubes, etc in a laptop case by the bed for ease of access. I don't keep the box unless it is particularly attractive or has essential information on it; it goes in the ordinary recycling unshredded! I keep the less popular toys, usually in their original packaging, in a box under the bed.

Most of my packaging gets recycled.

Basic boxes will get flattened and chucked out (I usually stuff them inside one of the LH brown boxes for a little bit of privacy until they are taken away).

All my luxury toys, however - I have kept all the boxes because the packaging is just so nice that I don't want to throw it away!

The only other things that are kept in their original boxes are any toys made of rubber/silicone to keep them clean - everything else is stored in LH bags in a big leather trunk at the end of the bed. Although we're still running out of room...

Most toys I chuck the original packaging with the exception of my flesh feel toys and my silicon butt plug I have kept a couple of the lh boxes I keep toys in there I have no space for elsewhere

I used to keep things in the packaging but as our collection grew it just wasn't practical space wise so most of them are in storage bags although it does make it a little difficult to pick them out some times.
I recycle what I can if not it just goes in the bin. Sometimes I'll use some of the nicer boxes to put other little bits in like the box my Lelo wand came in, I pulled the middle of it out and it's big enough to hold all my bottles of lube (seem to have loads).

I end up binning the packaging then putting toys in a different box to save space

Liquidsugar wrote:

My OH has very nearly completed my 'kinky cupboard'. Purple velvet walls, black PVC shelves, and glass cake stands and other ornaments to display my favourite items. I always keep the boxes, it makes displaying my toys easier, and makes it easier to find what I'm looking for!

I am so jealous! xx

Liquidsugar wrote:

I want a kinky cupboard!! :O xx

It is pretty great, he's just fixing the lighting for me this weekend, then it's all done! It'll be nice to put all my toys away, at the minute the whole bedroom is covered in toy boxes. It looks like a sex shop!