Sex Toy Pouches/storage

Hii

Does anyone know where I can purchase sex toy pouches as i wish to store our toys separately as they are currently in one box and having heard about the chemical reaction I am considering a pouch. But the only one lovehoney offer is : http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=22930

I was hoping for more choice really.

Dee_licious333 wrote:

Hii

Does anyone know where I can purchase sex toy pouches as i wish to store our toys separately as they are currently in one box and having heard about the chemical reaction I am considering a pouch. But the only one lovehoney offer is : http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=22930

I was hoping for more choice really.

I mostly make my own. But glasses bags sold on ebay work well for smaller vibes.

The Nymphomaniac wrote:

I mostly make my own. But glasses bags sold on ebay work well for smaller vibes.

Wondered if these were big enough .. do they pop out at the end?

Dee_licious333 wrote:

The Nymphomaniac wrote:

Wondered if these were big enough .. do they pop out at the end?

They are really only big enough for bullets and some plugs.

you could buy in bulk from a supplier or make pouches yourself, if you're crafty like that

Blueeyes82 wrote:

you could buy in bulk from a supplier or make pouches yourself, if you're crafty like that

Yep. the glasses pouches are about £1.50 for 6 or something =)

I haven't found bigger bags cheaply yet, part from when they were on DOTD for £1 =)

what about something like this?

http://www.midpac.co.uk/cotton-bags/cotton-drawstring-bags/140x200mm-cotton-drawstring-bags

Great ideas everyone.

I will check out the links. I think storing them in pouches are ideal as opposed to wrapping them in towels or similar.

Thanks guys

Blueeyes82 wrote:

what about something like this?

http://www.midpac.co.uk/cotton-bags/cotton-drawstring-bags/140x200mm-cotton-drawstring-bags

Another option.. great thanks

Have gone for the plain dye ones from AA link- great price too!! Thanks

I make my own, it's not tricky at all. Great excuse for lovely patterns and colours too, white on white for Ella, a gorgeous blue and turquoise for Aveline, roses for Noemi....

I bought some cheap organza ones on ebay. They have them in various sizes and colours. I was originally looking at satin ones but then I figured the organza would allow me to easily see which toys are inside which bag without having to open them all.

Avrielle_Aniko wrote:

Rose Hip - You are far more crafty than me! I'd love to do stuff like that. I probably could if I had the materials and patience with sewing... but I don't! Heh.

Ach quine, these are dead easy. You could definitely make one. Give me a shout next time you have something worn out and heading for the rag pile and I'll walk you through it. Or even just a handkerchief and a bit of ribbon.

I have enough patience for a room of people. :-)

Got a couple of satin bags when they were only £1 on deal of the day. Deffo going to search for some more - glasses case sounds a good idea for the smaller toys!

J+J wrote:

Got a couple of satin bags when they were only £1 on deal of the day.

Same here, love them. Bagged up my Tantus Niagara and Sedeux dildos :)

Gutted I didn't buy a bunch of the satin bags when they were reduced, really hoping they come up again on Deal of the Day!

rose hip wrote:

I make my own, it's not tricky at all. Great excuse for lovely patterns and colours too, white on white for Ella, a gorgeous blue and turquoise for Aveline, roses for Noemi....

Do you reckon you could write a walkthrough for the less crafty of us? Sounds great personalising your own bags for each toy!

truffle wrote:

rose hip wrote:

Do you reckon you could write a walkthrough for the less crafty of us? Sounds great personalising your own bags for each toy!

Sure, I'll write something up this weekend.

Sewing is NOT difficult. Put aside all of your assumptions that only professionals can do this and have at it. It's what your grandmother would have done. ;-)

Take a bag that you already have, turn it inside out and look at its construction. Chances are it's either two rectangles sewn together or a very long thin rectangle folded in half. If it's folded there will be two seams, probably one up each side. If it's two separate pieces, there will be three. In both cases, the open end will be finished in some way - it's the part that gets the most wear. There may also be some way of closing the bag (like a drawstring, a tie or foldover flap).

These are the elements you need to incorporate. How you do that is up to you.

Materials needed: Fabric, scissors, ruler, thread, sewing machine or hand needle, flat surface to measure on.
Recommended: Pencil or sewing chalk, iron, belief in yourself. :-)

1) Lay out your fabric and place your toy on top of it. Try folding the fabric over it to get an idea of how it will work. The fold can be at the bottom or one side, whatever works. Or maybe two separate rectangles is the best use of that material.

For the sake of simplicity in writing, let's assume that you're working with two separate rectangle pieces. That means two side seams, a bottom seam and a finished edge at the top. (If you're not, adapt to suit.)

2) To figure out how wide to cut your material, take the desired finished width and add twice the width of your preferred seam. So (as an example) 5 inches + 1/4 inch + 1/4 inch = 5.5 inches.

To figure out how long to cut your material, take the desired finished length and add the width of your preferred seam. Then add an inch for the finished edge. (If you're dextrous it can be less, say 3/4 inch.) So (as an example) 10.5 inches + 1/4 inch (bottom seams) + 1 inch = 11.75 inches.

3) You'll need two rectangles with those dimensions. Flatten out the material again. Measure and mark your pieces. Pencil works or get some sewing chalk. (If you're nervous about sizing, draw the measurements for one piece and fold the material over to double it. Pin along your seams lines, pop your toy in and see if it works or if you need to change something.)

4) Cut your material. Decent sewing scissors make this much easier, so they're well worth the money if you're going to be making several bags.

5) Place your pieces together with the right sides facing each other. (The right side is the one you want showing.) Pin near the soon-to-be seams to keep them from moving around and driving you batty. :-) Stitch your seams. (Feel free to draw in a stitching/seam line as a guide if you want.)

You should have an inside out bag.

6) Turn down 1/2 inch on the top, open edge. Crease it along that fold with your fingers or iron it flat. Turn it down another 1/2 inch and crease or iron it again. Stitch along the bottom of that to hold it all in place.

7) Turn your bag right way out. Use a ruler or something flat but not sharp to poke the bottom corners out. Give it a nice press with an iron if you have one.

8) Pop your toy into the bag and gather the extra material together above it. Measure how much extra material there is. Take the toy out, smooth the bag and measure down from the top. Make a small pencil or chalk tick in the centre of the back side at that point or a bit higher. Fold a length of ribbon in half and sew on at your mark.

Put the toy back into the bag, tie the ribbon to close it up and you're finished.

Trial Run for the Truly Terrified

Acquire a spare handkerchief or face cloth.
Fold in half with the side you want showing facing in.
Pin the long edge and one short edge together.
Stitch together.
Turn right side out.
Congratulate yourself, you've made a bag.
Fold a length of ribbon in half and stitch on about an inch from the top, open edge.
Pop your toy in and tie the ribbon around the extra material up top to close.
If there isn't any extra material, use the bag for a smaller toy or let it remain open.

That simple? :D Brilliant, thanks Rose hip, gonna try this out :)