sex toy tester changes??

Has this changed as been a member for i think 5 years and was always told we could put items for sex toy testing and our wishlist all on the same list? is this why not had anything for 2 years to test as there has been a change? please let me know, thanks :)

Only asking as read the thread at the top of this and says its to be under two seperate headings

Yes :) you have to choose items from the tester list and add them to a wishlist you create named 'sex toy testers' . And make sure that list is set to public and not private xx

Think I'm correct in saying that you need to have a separate public list purely for items you'd like to test entitled 'Sex Toy Testers' in addition to any personal wish lists x

Yes this is correct. Seperate list x

ok so they have changed over the years then as i always have sex toy tester and set to public but i do add items i would like to buy later on

Yes but to a seperate list, don't add the items you want to buy to the tester list x

thanks all :) now i know

Good luck

So where do we find what's on the list?

Click on community along the top and then on the drop down click on sex toy testers and it'll show the current list :)

Lovehoney staff, is it possible if any future changes like this you could put on the forum as have been wondering why not been given a tester for years as its been changed on how you pick the testers, it was only me reading what another member put on here that i thought i would ask the question, as back years ago we just had one list which could put tester items and wishlist items on same orgasm army list, ive changed mine to sex toy tester now but it does have my wish items as well as dont really want two or more lists

rach74 wrote:

Lovehoney staff, is it possible if any future changes like this you could put on the forum as have been wondering why not been given a tester for years as its been changed on how you pick the testers, it was only me reading what another member put on here that i thought i would ask the question, as back years ago we just had one list which could put tester items and wishlist items on same orgasm army list, ive changed mine to sex toy tester now but it does have my wish items as well as dont really want two or more lists

There is a big sticky at the top with all the info, which you can see is only 3 months old and so up to date.

TBH I think it's up to us as testers to check if there are any changes rather than staff having to let us know, it's all written clearly what to do :)

Hi rach74

You must have a list called 'sex toy tester' this shows us these are the items you would like to review if selected when we advertise that they are up for grabs. You can have as many wishlists as you like but only one titled sex toy tester and this is the one we view when selecting testers to have new items. Your other wishlists are for your personal use, some choose to display all that they own and others have a list of things they want to buy.

We ask that you keep your sex toy tester wishlist clean and up to date as best you can, so we don't have to search through long lists of products that were advertised for testing from 2 years ago, for example.

On the Sex Toy Tester page step 4 says : http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/community/testers/

• 4. Create a wishlist - start a wishlist called 'Sex Toy Testers' and add toys from this page you would like to try. You must set the wishlist to be seen by 'Anyone who views my public profile' or we won't be able to see what you want.

Many thanks  - any more questions please just ask!

I'm in my 6th year, and I'm sure it's always been as it is now. Having multiple lists is no bother at all, it makes no difference. Conforming to simple rules is no hardship when you have the chance to test items in my opinion :-)

thanks cazz, we had to change the name a while ago to orgasm army now its changed back to sex toy tester which is fine, but its always been as long as our lists were up to date we could put tester items and wishlist items on the same list, this is why i queried as from out the blue a member put the thread on which i thought strange as thought would have come from a LH member of staff, no worries tho will try and change into two lists when i get time

I personally think multpile lists are easier. That way you can clearly see everything if you categorise them rather than scrolling through lots of things to find what you want. Plus if you keep the lists updated you can remove things that are discontinued or you dont fancy anymore to keep just what you want on them.

Foxxy wrote:

I'm in my 6th year, and I'm sure it's always been as it is now. Having multiple lists is no bother at all, it makes no difference. Conforming to simple rules is no hardship when you have the chance to test items in my opinion :-)

i wasnt saying anything to be funny foxxy just simply asking a question as the 5 years ive been here its been done different, in my opinion asking a question is allowed?

Hi rach74

Of course you are free to ask questions. Customer care are always happy to assist also.

Over the years since it all began the job has devloped from what used to be someone's task a couple of afternoon's a week to spend half an hour, to now it is my full time job that I work on mon-fri 8-4!

Things may have changed slightly and evolved over time, and maybe were missed in communication with the forum.

I'm not sure though if I am honest, I have been doing this job for nearly 2 years now and it has always been organised the same since I started it. Before me though I cannot comment as neither of the girls work in the Content team any longer.

Kind regards 

Thanks Cazz, back in the "old days" lol, it used to be Alice who was in charge, but yes i will sort lists out :)

of course its progressed over the years, from the time ive been with you its gone madly huge for you guys which is great

As far as I can grasp, Cazz is doing stuff mainly manually. Have LH considered automating the process a bit? For example, you can have a table in the database that have the details of everyone - including whether they have written useful reviews or not, how many reviews they have for each category (this could easily be accomplished - once a review is submitted, the total reviews and the ones for the respective categories of the product would be increased by one). And then another mapping table where their sex toy testers wishlist items would be updated. There could also be information for the Tester location so that if you need a quicker review, you can send it to a UK/Ireland based tester, so that they can receive it within a day or two.

So, basically, it could even be possible to select the best matching people from the database with a simple query and then pick a number at random (for example, using random.com, or something similar).