sex toy tester changes??

menyanthe wrote:

As far as I can grasp, Cazz is doing stuff mainly manually. Have LH considered automating the process a bit? For example, you can have a table in the database that have the details of everyone - including whether they have written useful reviews or not, how many reviews they have for each category (this could easily be accomplished - once a review is submitted, the total reviews and the ones for the respective categories of the product would be increased by one). And then another mapping table where their sex toy testers wishlist items would be updated. There could also be information for the Tester location so that if you need a quicker review, you can send it to a UK/Ireland based tester, so that they can receive it within a day or two.

So, basically, it could even be possible to select the best matching people from the database with a simple query and then pick a number at random (for example, using random.com, or something similar).

Are you trying to put poor cazz out of a job :p just kidding of course.

Hahaha - no! She can just have some slack every now and then ;) Besides, someone needs to read our reviews after all. :P

Unfortunately menyanthe there is no system for this I do this all on my own everyday for every tester that is sent out. So I do have to take into consideration peoples location, their writing style and their experience on items such as hardocre bondage wouldn't be suitable for all testers we currently have. So it is my job to remember names and previous reviews etc and with help from all user profiles I then select people I think would suit the item best.

Day to day the amount I send changes, but there are days when I have over 200 products to send out!

Maybe one day there will be a system that does it all however I will be out of a job then!

Lovehoney - Cazz wrote:

Unfortunately menyanthe there is no system for this I do this all on my own everyday for every tester that is sent out. So I do have to take into consideration peoples location, their writing style and their experience on items such as hardocre bondage wouldn't be suitable for all testers we currently have. So it is my job to remember names and previous reviews etc and with help from all user profiles I then select people I think would suit the item best.

Maybe one day there will be a system that does it all however I will be out of a job then!

Well thank you for reading them all Cazz! Hopefully some of them are enjoyable!

menyanthe wrote:

As far as I can grasp, Cazz is doing stuff mainly manually. Have LH considered automating the process a bit? For example, you can have a table in the database that have the details of everyone - including whether they have written useful reviews or not, how many reviews they have for each category (this could easily be accomplished - once a review is submitted, the total reviews and the ones for the respective categories of the product would be increased by one). And then another mapping table where their sex toy testers wishlist items would be updated. There could also be information for the Tester location so that if you need a quicker review, you can send it to a UK/Ireland based tester, so that they can receive it within a day or two.

So, basically, it could even be possible to select the best matching people from the database with a simple query and then pick a number at random (for example, using random.com, or something similar).

Unfortunately menyanthe there is no system for this I do this all on my own everyday for every tester that is sent out. So I do have to take into consideration peoples location, their writing style and their experience on items such as hardcore bondage wouldn't be suitable for all testers we currently have. So it is my job to remember names and previous reviews etc and with help from all user profiles I then select people I think would suit the item best.

Day to day the amount I send changes, but there are days when I have over 200 products to send out!

We don't want you going anywhere Cazz. Computers are taking over and it's rubbish. You do a fab job, and we all appreciate all the hard work you put in 😘

+1 FoxxyFB, we need you Cazz!

Foxxy wrote:

We don't want you going anywhere Cazz. Computers are taking over and it's rubbish. You do a fab job, and we all appreciate all the hard work you put in 😘

This. Lh testers wouldn't be the same without Cazz and her fairy wings x

rach74 wrote:

thanks cazz, we had to change the name a while ago to orgasm army now its changed back to sex toy tester which is fine, but its always been as long as our lists were up to date we could put tester items and wishlist items on the same list, this is why i queried as from out the blue a member put the thread on which i thought strange as thought would have come from a LH member of staff, no worries tho will try and change into two lists when i get time

Hi Rach74,

I just wanted to let you know that I didn't just post the thread without doing several things first.

Firstly I collected all the information I have gathered and gained knowledge of how the system works over the years of being a member and tester myself, and then also went through the forums to check for other questions that had been asked over the years too.

Secondly, once I had written the post in a way I thought to be helpful & informative, rather than a list of don't do this etc, I emailed Cazz directly to ask if it was ok to post it or would they like to use the information and post it themselves from a member of staff.

Thirdly I sent the word document I had written to Cazz for her to look over and check everything was correct and to add anything i may have missed. Once I had a response, I made the addition Cazz asked for then sent it back to her for approval.

Fourthly once I was given the go ahead, I posted it and then emailed Cazz to let her know so she could sticky the thread.

Hope that explains why the post is frrom me and not a member of staff x

Well, still, some system to help her out a little bit wouldn't be a bad thing. Not to replace her - just to help her. :) I really like Cazz. :)

LittleSwitchBitch wrote:

Foxxy wrote:

This. Lh testers wouldn't be the same without Cazz and her fairy wings x

Yep agreed. xx

An assistant would be great, too! :) I simply can't comprehend how she handles all this. She is a superhero! :)

ShinySparkle wrote:

I just don't think any kind of automated system would help Cazz at all. Like she has said herself, she needs to make sure she sends the right product to the right person. Computers can't judge character like a human being can.

It's automated enough with the dispatch emails etc, so I think rather than having a computer take over, she needs an assistant! Lol!!

Even if a computer could do it, it would still need regular programming and updating so cazz would have to programme everyones details and so on into it. So she would still need to read all the reviews, then update the computer with the relavent info so would probably end up doing more!

The self service checkouts still need someone working there incase unexpected errors occur, so cazz would have to sit there all day incase the computer broke!

Exactly, Cazz does it perfectly, yes sometimes I might get 2 items to test but there are many weeks (maybe months) where I'd get nothing, I'm in the Top10 for number of reviews but I don't expect to be picked, when I am, brilliant, we are delighted but if we aren't then mehhhh maybe next time.

As Cazz says, somedays she could have 200 items to send out, which if Cazz works a 40 Hour week, which is 8 hours a days, then take out lunch, means that she's to do 28 per hour.... seriously the girl needs some serious credit for all that..... I think she deserves an assisant or a pay rise.