Sex Toy Tester - Chit-Chat

Hi @Allahjihad00 and welcome to the forum.

You may already be aware of the general criteria to become a tester, but a brief overview is that you need to have a minimum of 7 to 10 well written reviews for products Lovehoney stock. You do not need to have purchased them from Lovehoney.

Patience is also key because there are a lot more volunteers than testers available, just keep putting your name down for appropriate products as and when they’re listed.

7 Likes

Hey, I’d have a read of The Great Big Review and Testing Guide that gives you all the information you need in regards to being s tester :+1:

6 Likes

Hi @windya782! You need to reply on the specific tester threads in order to be eligible for them, this thread is just for any other questions or chat around testers and being a tester.
As @KentCouple1990 have already stated, have a read of The Great Big Review and Testing Guide in order to ensure you’ve completed all the baseline eligibility criteria!

6 Likes

Hi @Lusiiky and welcome to the forum!

Your best bet is to have a read of The Great Big Review and Testing Guide.

To answer your questions, you should aim to have at the least 10 well written, honest reviews on LH that are of decent length (multiple paragraphs). There’s a post under the link above that tells you how to write good reviews.

You don’t have to have purchased the items from Lovehoney. If there’s something on the site you already own, even if you purchased elsewhere, you can still review it.

Hope this helps, and again, welcome! :smiling_face:

6 Likes

If the items still have a tester post about them on the forum, they are still available for testing. The time scales vary quite a bit depending on the items. Once all items in a post have been sent to their new testing home, Brenna deletes the post. If it’s a post with a lot of different items the ones no longer available will have been crossed through.

5 Likes

If people would like feedback on their reviews, I would suggest posting them in the My Reviews thread and asking for feedback in Reviewing Reviews

:slight_smile:

7 Likes

If you get picked to review Brenna will send you an email. Make sure your using the same email for your lovehoney account as you do on here, as it will link they together.

There is a ton of review info here which should explain most things :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:. Hope that helps

5 Likes

For anyone who hasn’t been selected for a tester:

• Have you made sure you have written 8-10 good reviews and continued to write reviews beyond that? If you aren’t sure if your reviews are up to standard, Brenna does have a look for people from time to time when she is not busy, but this can take some time. There are threads on the forum where you can post your reviews and get feedback from other forum members. Whilst forum members’ words aren’t gospel, many people are testers themselves so can give tips of what they would write.

• Are you putting yourself down for suitable items? Most first testers are likely to come from the tester list (although not always), so making sure you vote on that is important. Coupled with that, the reviews you have written will influence the types of products you might be eligible for. For example, if all your reviews are for lube and bullet vibrators, you are highly unlikely to receive a massive butt plug. Sometimes Brenna wants someone who has no or little experience of a type of product, but normally having a few reviews for similar products will help.

• there are a lot of people wanting to test every item. In particular, there are lots of people with vulvas and cishet couples. Obviously you can’t change who you are, but if you are within those categories, it may take longer to get a tester.

So, what can you do? Keep writing reviews. The more, good reviews you write, the better.

9 Likes

A long review doesn’t automatically make it a great review if theres no substance to it, so don’t add filler and think that’ll get you a tester. If the review tells you everything you’d want to know before buying it, then its a good review.

The way I mostly do my reviews is to describe the item to someone who has never used one before. If I have more than one of the same item, I would compare sometimes, especially when it comes to power and types of vibrations.

5 Likes

I received an item to test recently, but as far as I’m aware I don’t have anywhere to write a review for it. Anyone know where I should look? Wasn’t in any emails I received about the item

If it’s a normal tester then you can review it either through the email or directly on the LoveHoney website.

If it’s a secret tester then you will be sent and email to review it. In my experience it normally takes a few days for the email to come through.

If it’s taking a very long time like over a week or so to receive an email you can always contact customer care and ask them to resend an email.

Also might be worth double checking that your account has the right email linked to it :+1:

I’m a newbie and am a tad confused on how you can sign up to be a tester for products on here can anyone help me out please? Thank you!

Hi @KimmayKat, I think that you have posted in the wrong thread, not an issue, welcome to the forum.

In answer to your question, you can response to the requests for testers which are sent by LH and you might be luck enough to be selected. There are a few stipulations to being selected as a tester, which you might want to read first. Good luck.

Hi and welcome!

Have a read through this thread

And hopefully that should give you all the info you need. But if there’s anything you are confused on, come back and post here and I’m sure people will be able to help

1 Like

@KimmayKat if you have a read of The Great Big Review and Testing Guide, it’ll tell you everything you need to know :+1:
(I have moved your post here as it is where tester chat mostly happens).

ETA Sorry @Calie , same time posting.

1 Like

How do I enter to become a tester

Have you read the guide that’s linked in the two posts directly above yours and the first post of this thread? It gives you all the information on how to become a tester.

Any follow up questions after reading, feel free to ask here.

I’ve got a review email for a REMOVED come though today. We have tested it a fair amount but the item hasn’t loaded on my LH purchases to get an idea of how much it should cost people.

As much as cost shouldn’t affect a review I feel it’s something that plays into it. Should I wait for it to load onto the LH site before reviewing or just review as is?

If its a secret tester (going by the ‘removed’ edit) you’re not going to know the price so you are reviewing it based on the information you have.

Secret testers can’t be discussed publicly, which includes the forum, it may not ever become a live product so definitely don’t wait. All testers have a deadline so make sure you’re getting your review in on time.

It probably wouldn’t hurt to have a read or reread of The Great Big Review and Testing Guide

2 Likes

Hello everyone, I think I am in the right area! I was informed to come to the forum and leave a message regarding that I would like to become a sex toy tester! I needed to leave a comment and I would be chosen if they felt I would be a good candidate. I use to test products about 8 years ago for a company but when I moved I didn’t get a chance to inform them! I absolutely loved leaving reviews and some would get quit detailed not to raunchy or personal but to give information on how satisfying these products would be for those who have issues with arousal and orgasms like me! Please give me some tips if any on how I can be of service on providing my full attention and gratitude by testing these products. Would love to have some fun again and give my exciting experiences.