Sex Toy Tester - Chit-Chat

It’s not easy to check other people’s reviews at the moment but if you are able to post links to them or screenshots I’m sure people would have a look.

Although one thing I think is really important is that different people look for different things in reviews; some want to know everything you could possibly say, some want answers to specific questions, some wants tips and tricks on how you used it or introduced it into your play, some literally just want someone to say “yup I bought it and liked it”. Therefore there really is no one good way to write reviews.

• Write the reviews you would have liked to have read.
  • Give your opinion on the product and ideally why you have that opinion.
  • Keep writing reviews (you don’t need to rush through them though).
  • Read reviews and take inspiration (although don’t feel you need to copy anyone’s style).
  • Don’t overly stress about it.

(Bonus one that applies to right now only - with all the changes on the website the whole review process is not as obvious and polished as it once was. Once we have a solid “this is how things are going to be from now on” then it will be much easier to advise on becoming a tester. In the meantime, continue writing reviews and putting your name down for potentially suitable testers and don’t get too disheartened if you don’t get selected).

10 Likes

The Great Big Review and Testing Guide has been updated. That should cover everything you need to know for the new set-up. :+1:

Happy reviewing. :slightly_smiling_face:

9 Likes

I’m looking into this :male_detective:

11 Likes

Lingerie measurements are always welcome! They’re super helpful :smiley:

9 Likes

All the info is in this thread (which isn’t a huge amount) but essentially:

• Have you written reviews for at least 10 products?
  • Is your address stored you in shopping account? (ie when you place an order is your address there without having to type it in). Note: if you haven’t ordered since the website change over you may need to go and put your address back in.

If yes to both of those then you are eligible to be a tester. You don’t get any sort of notification that you are eligible or anything though.

All you need to do is:

• Put yourself forward for items you’d like to try when you see a tester post. Read Brenna’s post each time carefully as this will give you the instructions on what to do
  • Keep writing reviews for products you’ve purchased
  • If you do get selected to test something, write the review within the timeframe and if it is a secret tester, don’t discuss it until the product goes live.

If you are finding that you aren’t being selected or aren’t being selected very often:

• Patience. There will always be more people wanting to test than products available.
  • Check you are following Brenna’s instructions in the tester request posts (for example: not just writing “I’m happy to test anything”)
  • Have a look at your reviews. Reread the guide about writing good reviews, read reviews by people you know have received testers. A good review style is subjective and there isn’t one right way but there are lots of tips on the forum.
  • Make sure your different reviews show a cross section of the types of things you are into. Some products needs more advanced users so if you’ve never reviewed anything like it, you are less likely to be chosen.
  • Keep writing reviews.
15 Likes

Surprise email today from Royal Mail, saying I have a LH package on its way to me - due to arrive Friday. Haven’t ordered anything. My Holmesian powers of deduction lead me to only one conclusion: tester item incoming. Wooohooo! :yum:

17 Likes

Same here! It’s my first tester and can’t believe I was picked… :smiley:

14 Likes

Yeah, @Lovehoney_Brenna must know me better than any partner I have ever had

8 Likes

The huge list of feedback testers sound amazing.

Hope some of them do go live because I can’t wait to find out what the Penis Masturbator sound effects are… have so many different options playing through my head. I like @Ian_Chimp 's suggestion of farmyard sounds :rofl:

12 Likes

@Peitho - I am rather hoping to be a tester and am more intrigued by the potential sound library available than excited by the prospect. Perhaps there’s an option for a lady that is either very pleased or very disappointed by what’s inserted? Great if you’re into the sub/dom thing and it says what you want to hear, but being criticised by a machine for being inadequate would be devastating! Lol

9 Likes

My first tester product arrived today. Looking forward to trying that out later :smile:

7 Likes

Its not just toys, you can review lubes and other stuff too. :+1:

7 Likes

Once you’ve addressed the few technical bits, I think being selected is mostly about writing good reviews. As in, clearly enjoying the writing of them, and being able to provide helpful written feedback.
The brilliant, detailed reviews were the main thing that attracted me to the LH site in the first place, so I already reviewed pretty much everything I bought before I ever found the forum. I only volunteer to test things if I think I would really enjoy (and be able to do a good, thorough job of) the testing. I have been lucky to be picked a couple of times.
When reviewing, I try to put myself in the mind of someone considering buying the same item - what would they want to know? Is there something about me personally (size, height etc) that affects how well the item worked (or didn’t work) for me? What can I say about the item that isn’t evident from the photos? (Softness, texture, smell, comfort?). If it worked for me, what factors made it great? If it didn’t work for me or I found it a bit ‘meh’, who might it work for better? Did it have any redeeming features? Did it feel well made, budget or luxury? Were there any annoyances or pleasant surprises?
I also think Brenna might sometimes have particular characteristics in mind when selecting testers, such as age, gender, interests. If you’ve not been lucky yet, it could be that you don’t fit the profile she has in mind for that item. In your response post, try adding a sentence or two explaining why you’d be a great tester for a particular item, if that isn’t clear from your profile or your other reviews. I don’t know if that helps, but it can’t hurt!
Also popular items attract many potential testers. It could just be down to chance.

17 Likes

Total weight is 66g :slight_smile:

7 Likes

The ‘chalking a cue’ technique can be good for a lot of the tight toys. I had a similar thing with a slightly different style toy. It’s discontinued now, and seems to have lost all but two of its reviews in the ‘upgrade’, but it had some really mixed ones. :slightly_smiling_face: The bad ones all pretty much complained about not being able to fit inside it in one way or another, but I found that ‘chalking’ my tip worked really well, and I actually jizzed from the vibrations (which is a rarity for me and vibration stimulation :slightly_smiling_face:).

Mantric Rechargeable Male Vibrator

8 Likes

I recently received some Top Secret LH tester items that I’m not allowed to talk about. They arrived in a clear plastic bag with a hand-written label:

“HUMAN TESTING SAMPLES”

…I wonder how many other species they’re testing them on! :blush:

14 Likes

Horses, obviously. Always ensure Lovehoney purchases are suitable for equine use… glad they’ve now become part of the testing program.

Also, enjoy your playtime with John Virgo :rofl::+1:

6 Likes

I’m visualising ROBOT TESTERS……or should that be crash test bummies?

6 Likes

Looks like theres lots of nice lingerie upcoming for the shop at the moment. Its times like these i wish i had the balls to send in measurements.

12 Likes

Bless you. Just do it! Never be ashamed or reluctant. Reviews from all types of body are so helpful to those wanting to purchase and if you get selected, you’ve got some lovely new lingerie :heart_eyes:

12 Likes