Sex Toy Tester - Chit-Chat

Bless you. Just do it! Never be ashamed or reluctant. Reviews from all types of body are so helpful to those wanting to purchase and if you get selected, you’ve got some lovely new lingerie :heart_eyes:

12 Likes

I just make a couple of notes after each use of anything that annoyed me, i found weird, that seems important or that i particularly liked. Then i just basically connect all the notes into a proper review. It seems to be working so far

10 Likes

That’s pretty much what I do. Anything that stands out straight away, the feel, how it made me feel, annoyances or high points then create a full review from the bullet points.

7 Likes

Doing a noise check from outside the bedroom with the door closed is also also incredibly helpful to those of us in shared housing

7 Likes

There are plenty of people out there your size, my size, all our sizes so you opinion is valuable and Brenna always sprinkles some Lovehoney Plus size in there which I think is a great thing for LH to do.

8 Likes

Hey @Lovehoney_Brenna, would it be possible to add the question of “is there a way I can see all my live reviews” or similar to the FAQs on the great big tester thread? With some sort of answer saying that you can’t but it did used to be a thing (and probably also saying that Lovehoney can see all reviews associated to an email address though). It’s a question that keeps getting asked a lot.

11 Likes

It’s not random. :slightly_smiling_face:

Brenna picks the testers best suited to an item, and this can be for a variety of reasons (eg. they want a couple’s perspective, or a newbie, or someone who loves butt plugs, etc).

The main bit is that you need to have live reviews already up on the Lovehoney site, so they can see what your writing style is like. If you’ve done lots of reviews but they’re just short “This was great!/This was shit!” then that’s not going to move the dial a lot. You need a handful of well-rounded, reasonably thorough ones to prove that you can do it.

The other thing is to send your measurements in for the lingerie testers. That improves your chances a lot for those ones. :+1:

(I’ll chuck a link in for the The Great Big Review and Testing Guide too, in case you hadn’t spotted it)

6 Likes

I think it is designed with vulva’s in mind :slight_smile:

9 Likes

There is no harm in writing reviews for outlet products (or other to be discontinued products). The reviews can still help others decide whether to buy the item, may give LH some useful feedback when considering their future product range and for those wanting to be/continue to be a tester then the more (quality) reviews you write, the better. If you haven’t written a review for a while and haven’t got anything else to review, it can be worth it. Also, generally, the more reviews you write the better you get. Personally, I get out of the swing of writing them if I don’t do them regularly (I haven’t done many lingerie reviews lately and I started to write one and got completely stumped on where to start!)

However, you need to balance that against the time/effort it will take you to write a review for a product that could remain in the store for many months or just a few days. If the shop is saying “last few remaining” then unless you have a burning need to say something about the product or you really want to practice your review writing skills then it may not be all that worth it.

If you don’t have much time to write reviews then it is probably better to focus on ones that aren’t discontinued.

I’d never say don’t write reviews for outlet products, but ultimately it is your time you are putting in by writing the review so only you can decide if it’s worth it or not.

14 Likes

Was that the thread that skewed left and mentioned hampsters at one point :grimacing:
I know, people stuff some weird things up there. I always get E.R. Xray images popping up in my head when people talk about it though :see_no_evil:

6 Likes

I think you might mean Things you’ve had up your bum @Melody1 , including gem posts like this one :rofl:

I think jiggle balls would work fine and probably well as long as you’ve attached an extremely secure anchor and retrieval line on the outside so as not to lose anything to the sucken depths!

5 Likes

Tester list products (:lh_heart_purple: these ones), need to be reviewed on the product page.

Super secret posts (:lovehoney_heart: will have an email link sent, or I will request feedback via email)

16 Likes

@Xdresser10 there’s not much I can say to that, there are a lot more people that want to test than there are testers available so patience is key.

@TinaRosebud there is no specific timeline for being chosen, just be patient and keep popping your name down.

@Siamesecult you get an email from Brenna :blush:

To become a tester, writing quality reviews for the items you already own (generally a minimum of 10 or so) is important, because that gives Brenna an idea of your writing style and what sort of items you would be suited to.

:pencil2: The Review Writing Routine, My Reviews and of course The Great Big Review and Testing Guide are all fabulous sources of information and examples of reviews :blush:

8 Likes

Agree patience is the key. I’ve been hoping for a while to get a tester but still just being patient, as @MsSubExperimenter says there are more hopeful testers than tests available. There is far more to the forum than the tests however!

7 Likes

I’ll chuck in the Review Hall of Fame too as it took me bloody ages. :slightly_smiling_face: And there are also some good points in Reviewing Reviews. :+1:

6 Likes

I’m really enjoying my time on the forum. It’s a perk I wasn’t really expecting but I find myself eager to check in every morning in case I’ve missed anything overnight. :hugs:

I also like to play “guess the Deal of the Day” with my OH. His usual answer…. “Is it a Mantric?” (my fave range) Well, he was right yesterday. :blush:

7 Likes

Just a note to secret testers who received review links before their product arrived, I’ve just sent them now so they’re with you as I’m going to be on annual leave, I don’t expect the reviews today haha :laughing:

11 Likes

Have a well deserved break @Lovehoney_Brenna!

Randomly - does anyone else do a little happy dance when a nice email from Brenna pops up in your inbox? Instant mood booster :rofl:

13 Likes

Happy Holidays @Lovehoney_Brenna and all our happy dancing secret squirrels
:christmas_tree:

5 Likes

New Lovehoney YouTube video “How To Be A Sex Toy Tester” :slightly_smiling_face:

10 Likes