Sex toy tester outside of UK?

Hi everyone ![](upload://ez5kOkpKXRZOxjavAURYmQxVTau.gif)

I'm new to this forum, but I'm not new to Lovehoney: I've been a loyal customer since 2017. I'm only just now getting into reviewing, and I'm hoping to get considered as a sex toy tester after I've written some reviews. However, I don't live in the UK, I'm from Denmark, and I was wondering if that would affect my chanches of getting picked as a sex toy tester? So I'm interested in hearing if any of you are sex toy testers and located in another country?

Also, my English isn't perfect and there might be some mistakes in grammar, misspellings etc. Is it very important that reviews are faultless?

Thank you in advance, and have a great weekend.

/Paloyotomu

Hello and welcome 🙂

They do send testers to members outside the UK. 👍 Getting something to test will still depend on how well you match with an item, and how fast they need the review done, but being in Denmark shouldn't be a deal breaker. 👍🙂

And reviews don't have to be faultless, so don't worry about perfection. 🙂 Your three reviews so far seem absolutely fine. They do say that they like potential reviewers to do between 5-10 reviews of purchased products so they can see a few examples of how well you write, but it's not a strict rule. Here's a link to the reviewing info:

https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/community/forums/inside-lovehoney/1661395-review-for-lovehoney-all-you-need-to-know/

And here's a link to the main tester list where you can find the current tester items (your Sex Toy Tester wishlist should only have items from that list on it 👍).

https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/community/testers/

Happy reviewing. 🙂

Ian Chimp wrote:

Hello and welcome 🙂

They do send testers to members outside the UK. 👍 Getting something to test will still depend on how well you match with an item, and how fast they need the review done, but being in Denmark shouldn't be a deal breaker. 👍🙂

And reviews don't have to be faultless, so don't worry about perfection. 🙂 Your three reviews so far seem absolutely fine. They do say that they like potential reviewers to do between 5-10 reviews of purchased products so they can see a few examples of how well you write, but it's not a strict rule. Here's a link to the reviewing info:

https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/community/forums/inside-lovehoney/1661395-review-for-lovehoney-all-you-need-to-know/

And here's a link to the main tester list where you can find the current tester items (your Sex Toy Tester wishlist should only have items from that list on it 👍).

https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/community/testers/

Happy reviewing. 🙂

You answer post as if you are a staff of LH... 😜

oooh, staff discounts!

4Uonly wrote:

Sorry, I didn't mean to give that impression. I'm afraid I'm just a regular forum member. 🙂 You can spot a staff account as they all start with Lovehoney - (eg. 'Lovehoney - Brenna'). 🙂👍

Hello neighbour!

I live in Sweden and have been a secret tester for a few years now.

For most tester items you need to submit your review within 1 month. Some other testers need to be reviewed withim 1-2 weeks, which means that I might not receive the item in time to test it, write my review and sublit it. All items posted here have a 1-month turnaround for the review https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/community/testers/ Some of the testers posted only in the forum might have a shorter turnaround, and in that case that will be specified in the relevant post https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/community/forums/

To my understanding, tester products are still eligible to be taxed, so ckeck with PostNord Denmark what - if any- taxes the recipient has to pay for packages shipped from the UK.

I think your English is quite good. Mine isn't perfect, but the LH team always reads and edits reviews before they are publiced. You don't need to worry about that!

Ian Chimp wrote:

4Uonly wrote:

Sorry, I didn't mean to give that impression. I'm afraid I'm just a regular forum member. 🙂 You can spot a staff account as they all start with Lovehoney - (eg. 'Lovehoney - Brenna'). 🙂👍

To be honest, I am surprised that LH still hasn't given Ian some kind of forum-king position! ![](upload://l9s9e23YKLHpoOzgGVeUkhZGcEr.gif)

From what I have seen, Ian and Alicia are like the king and queen for answers among us forum visitors. I'm for voting they get special titles.

Outside of that, I know LH has a supply deppot in the US (Atlanta I think) so I would assume as long as they have stock in the US, it would be easy to get US reviewers for products. After Ian's comment though, I may need to review more products to get chosen. I just need the time with my OH lol!

One thing I overlooked just recently when putting my interested up for the Secret tester items post was that (upon re-reading the Secret tester conditions) we have to have at least 11 live reviews to be considered a Secret Squirrel.

I also asked in another topic about the testers list, whether the items in the Sex Toy Testers section are only usually sent to UK customers or not. Waiting on a reply on that one.

I'm in Australia, so was guessing that there was not much point putting items into my tester wishlist if the items are only sent to UK customers.

I have been fortunate (and thankful) to be sent a tester item after a post was put up for AUS & NZ testers wanted.

Peggly wrote:

One thing I overlooked just recently when putting my interested up for the Secret tester items post was that (upon re-reading the Secret tester conditions) we have to have at least 11 live reviews to be considered a Secret Squirrel.

I also asked in another topic about the testers list, whether the items in the Sex Toy Testers section are only usually sent to UK customers or not. Waiting on a reply on that one.

I'm in Australia, so was guessing that there was not much point putting items into my tester wishlist if the items are only sent to UK customers.

I have been fortunate (and thankful) to be sent a tester item after a post was put up for AUS & NZ testers wanted.

I think the tester list items can go to Aus/NZ/US testers as well as the UK and Europe, but there are hundreds of people wanting to test items and only so many items to go round. I'd still update your tester list just in case (unless Brenna says otherwise), as it only takes a moment and you never know. 🤞

I know of a few members who have never been picked for the main tester list items, but have got quite a few from the forum posts. I think some of the guidance is desirable rather than essential, but you should still do as much of it as you can to improve your chances of being matched with an item. 🙂👍

Ian Chimp wrote:

I think the tester list items can go to Aus/NZ/US testers as well as the UK and Europe, but there are hundreds of people wanting to test items and only so many items to go round. I'd still update your tester list just in case (unless Brenna says otherwise), as it only takes a moment and you never know. 🤞

I know of a few members who have never been picked for the main tester list items, but have got quite a few from the forum posts. I think some of the guidance is desirable rather than essential, but you should still do as much of it as you can to improve your chances of being matched with an item. 🙂👍

Thanks Mr Chimp. Helpful advice. All the best to you.