Sex Toy Tester Wishlist Housekeeping

Hey y'all

I've noticed on my travels around your Sex Toy Tester wishlists that many of you have been adding new items to your list (great!) without removing old ones (not so great!).

Although it's not a massive problem if you forget to remove old items, it can make it a bit tricky for us to quickly see what you'd like us to send (some people have 200-300 items in their Sex Toy Tester wishlist!!), and can reduce your chances of being picked as a tester.

In addition, when we view a wishlist that's scattered with lots of discontinued products, it tells us that you may not have logged in recently and, therefore, your list may not be up to date.

An example of when this is an issue is when we re-add a product to the Sex Toy Tester's list in order to get extra feedback.

If we discover you have the product we need testing in your wishlist, but it's mixed in with a bunch of other old/discontinued products, we're likely to assume you haven't been online in a while and may not actually be interested in that product any longer. Rather than risk sending it to you (and you may have already bought it, no longer want it etc etc) we'll choose someone else who has clearly been keeping their list up to date and accurate. 

So, to clarify:

Please remove anything which you know we shouldn't/can't send you. This includes:
- discontinued products
- products which you've purchased
- products which you've already been sent to test
- anything you've changed your mind on
- any dress sizes which may no longer fit you due to weight loss/gain

Please feel free to leave anything else in your wishlist (even if it isn't on the Sex Toy Tester list) as it gives us an idea of what your tastes are, and also speeds up the process if we decide to send any extra few samples out for review. 

This isn't a 'telling off' or even a 'niggle', but it will definitely improve your chances of being chosen as a Sex Toy Tester in the future so thought it was worth mentioning :) 

For those of you who are super-keen to become a Sex Toy Tester, but still haven't been chosen, there is usually a reason we haven't chosen you yet.

Things to ask yourself are:
-Have you had several reviews published already?
-Are your reviews more than a few lines long?
-Are your reviews written in proper English?
-Have you explained in detail your experience and who you would/wouldn't recommend the product to?

If you're answer to any of the above is "No", there's a good chance that's what stopping you from being chosen. 

If you're still waiting to be picked, I'd recommend having a good look at the reviews you've already written and compare them with some of our well-known regular Sex Toy Tester reviews to pick up some tips and tricks. 

Anyway - that's all for now! Any questions feel free to ask below :) 

1 Like

I wish my office was tidied as often as my tester list!

AsYouWish! wrote:

+1

My flat could do with the same treatment AYW! 

Thanks for posting this Jess. It's a bit tiring seeing people argue over this exact point (usually in defence of leaving dozens of items on their lists 'just in case') so to have it clarified by a staff member with an explaination is very useful :)

Oh mannnnnnn in looking at my WL I just noticed the bad kitty silicone gag was now discontinued. Damn it lol! Wish I'd noticed it was going to be discontinued.

It's always a little bit excting when you remove the old items from your wishlist for new products that need to be tested.

Must admit, I tend to try and keep my list around the '10' mark.

I figure if I've only added one or two new things then the 'older' items give an idea of what we are into, and if I add a lot of things, (and therefore remove a lot of the older items) then the new items probably give a good idea of what we are interested in too ![](upload://ez5kOkpKXRZOxjavAURYmQxVTau.gif)

As for having 200-300 items on the wishlist... it would probably be easier to work out what those people AREN'T interested in - lol - its amazing that people would have that many items!

Some great advice & reasoning there Jess ![](upload://ez5kOkpKXRZOxjavAURYmQxVTau.gif)

I currently have 0 items on my list so I'm doing okay ;)

Every time an item disappears from the list I always remove it from my tester wish list, and if I want it then I'll add it to one of my other ones. Mainly because I hate having my wish lists clogged up with stuff!

I thought we weren't supposed to add stuff that isn't on the tester list, as it reduces our chances of being picked? I thought I read that on one of Cazz's posts but I could be wrong!

Thanks Jess x

BargainHunta - that sounds ideal :)

Boogaloo - Well in an ideal world only items from the Sex Toy Tester list should be in your wishlist, but we really don't mind if you leave a few other 'hopeful' bits in there. As long as it looks tidy and up to date, it won't affect your chances :) 

Thanks for this information, Jess. Really useful to know.

I only thought it was items from the tester list that was allowed on ur wish list.

So like i love the LH glass toys so adding a couple of them to the wishlist would be ok jess?

I only ever add items from tester list. Theres new one i would to try from new toy page. May sneakily add it :)

In that case, I've just added an item from the 'What's New' page to my tester list, as it has no reviews yet so I'm hoping I can be sneaky and get in there early if it arrives on the tester list ;)

Hi Jess, while we're on the subject of testers I submitted a review of a secret item on Sunday but it's still showing up on my accounts page - does this mean that you haven't received it?

Boogaloo wrote:

In that case, I've just added an item from the 'What's New' page to my tester list, as it has no reviews yet so I'm hoping I can be sneaky and get in there early if it arrives on the tester list ;)

I do this, lol. I haven't been successful yet, but I'm an optimistic gal 😊

wildflower wrote:

Hi Jess, while we're on the subject of testers I submitted a review of a secret item on Sunday but it's still showing up on my accounts page - does this mean that you haven't received it?

Before Jess bursts an aneurysm or something check her comments on the tester thread. A few people have had similar problems and it is normally ok. (Deep breaths Jess, only one more day!)

Very informative post Jess!!! I always remove the items as soon as they go off the Testers List, but I'll consider leaving some on for maybe a week or so now if I'm particularly interested in them ![](upload://ez5kOkpKXRZOxjavAURYmQxVTau.gif)

Do you also check other wishlists on people's account to see what they'd be interested in? I'd find it easier to manage two wishlists - one for items on the Testers List and one for items that were recently on.

Ha ha - updating my list is the highlight of my day - every day !

AsYouWish! wrote:

Same i'm no good at keeping anything tidy i think my tester list is the only thing i manage to keep tidy

wildflower wrote:

I submitted a review on Monday and it's still showing on my account page but Jess assures me that it has been received x