Sex Toy Testers

Hey guys,

I was just wondering how exactly sex toy testers are picked. How do Lovehoney know about my wishlist for them to select me? Surely there are way too many people with accounts for them to do it manually! I'm intrigued so if anyone knows I'd appreciate some info!

Also, are any of you already sex toy testers? What are your thoughts on the process?

Thanks!

If you look at the top of the thread page for the
Review for Lovehoney-All you need to know thread you will find well, all you need to know about reviewing for Lovehoney 👍🏼

love-hiney wrote:

Hey guys,

I was just wondering how exactly sex toy testers are picked. How do Lovehoney know about my wishlist for them to select me? Surely there are way too many people with accounts for them to do it manually! I'm intrigued so if anyone knows I'd appreciate some info!

Also, are any of you already sex toy testers? What are your thoughts on the process?

Thanks!

Yeah, I've been wondering this too. I always comment on the update thread to make sure. I've combed through all the testing threads regarding this and haven't found one explanation. Hopefully someone will be able to answer, since it's unclear.

Anyone know? I still haven't worked it out.

The guide provided is clear enough. Keep in mind that they are only likely to choose you for things you have displayed an interest in and knowledge of with previous purchases and reviews. As much as you might like to have fancy new toy “xxx” to try, if you haven bought a few and reviewed them well then you are not likely to be chosen against the, probably, hundreds of other people who have. I have been a tester a few times, but ultimately I’m not entitled to test anything so if never chosen again I haven’t lost anything. Just focus on being a good contributor and an opportunity may arise.

KingGrthy wrote:

The guide provided is clear enough. Keep in mind that they are only likely to choose you for things you have displayed an interest in and knowledge of with previous purchases and reviews. As much as you might like to have fancy new toy “xxx” to try, if you haven bought a few and reviewed them well then you are not likely to be chosen against the, probably, hundreds of other people who have. I have been a tester a few times, but ultimately I’m not entitled to test anything so if never chosen again I haven’t lost anything. Just focus on being a good contributor and an opportunity may arise.

Can you point to the section that answers our question? I've read the guides multiple times and have been enitrely unable find anything close to an explanation.

From my reading of the housekeeping post by Jess, it is done manually. I would assume Lovehoney has the software to search all public wishlists.

I’ve been lucky enough to receive a lot of testers from Lovehoney over the years, and I think the tester list/forum post combination works really well. I’ve never really thought too much about the ins and outs of the selection process. Thinking about it now, generally the testers I have received are similar to the types of products I have previous bought and reviewed, which makes a lot of sense. So I guess the best way to increase your visibility is to just keep writing reviews.

I can see your wishlists via a back-end system.

If it does not include the items on the tester list, I will never see it as I specifically look by product id to find your tester wishlist and then it is very much manually picking and going through accounts.

This is why it is SUPER important to keep your wishlist up to date and tidy! 

Please read ALL the information available here: https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/community/forums/inside-lovehoney/1661395-review-for-lovehoney-all-you-need-to-know/ including the sub links if you want to be or continue to be a tester. 

Lovehoney - Leanne wrote:

I can see your wishlists via a back-end system.

If it does not include the items on the tester list, I will never see it as I specifically look by product id to find your tester wishlist and then it is very much manually picking and going through accounts.

This is why it is SUPER important to keep your wishlist up to date and tidy!

Please read ALL the information available here: https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/community/forums/inside-lovehoney/1661395-review-for-lovehoney-all-you-need-to-know/ including the sub links if you want to be or continue to be a tester.

Interesting! Thank you for clearing it up, Leanne.

love-hiney wrote:

Hey guys,

I was just wondering how exactly sex toy testers are picked. How do Lovehoney know about my wishlist for them to select me?

I wouldn't locate you, as your list is way too long. 

Please read through the tester thread, linked above :) 

Oh ok, I just added a load of things that weren't reviewed yet and that I would like to try but I'll stick to stuff I'm interested in from the list for now and delete all the extras. Thank you!

I keep mine up to date and update the thread with a message. I'm beginning to think I'm blacklisted!! :(

You can find the current tester information in the #testers category.