Sex Toys before Lovehoney

I had bought six or seven toys before I came across Lovehoney and it was both hit and miss for me (I have not bought anything I truly disliked since I started using Lovehoney, thanks to the combination of handy reviews, good product info and somewhat better understanding of my likes and dislikes); I visited a few high street shops in Prague (frankly, most of them did not feel great; there is just one I quite like, it is aimed at female customers and high-end toys - but their product range is fairly limited) and I had ordered a few toys from local online stores that focus on cosmetics, hairstyling stuff, lotions and other goods girls cannot go without (they often sell some high-end (Lelo, JeJoue) toys as well - but none of these shops usually offer more than a dozen or so toys - again, not the greatest choice).

Being definitely one for hygiene, I have never bought anything made of a material that was not body-safe (I had done a bit of research before my first purchase, realizing that most cheaper toys were a big "no" due to them being porous - I immediately thought it would be wiser to get fewer good quality toys that can last a long time than many cheaper ones that would go yucky after few play sessions). On one hand, I encountered an Adore Power Swan on the most amazing sale ever (the equivalent of 60 GBP! - the shop had apparently wanted to draw customers' attention to the otherwise very pricey Swan range as it was the only time I have seen a price like this), on the other hand, I was stupid enough squander money on the Swan Clutch (bloody useless) and the Lelo Hula Beads (did not do anything for me)... Had I known Lovehoney (and the reviews on this site), I would have not wasted my money on the Clutch...

A very sad and seedy time, with a lot of cheap junk which didn't work.. Thanks to Lovehoney we now have more toys than our kids, and I don't think any of them have been mistakes. The reviews make such a difference!

Before LH, I made my first purchase ever from [edit by forum admin] 'cause of my friend's recommendation about discreet delivery.

Matt Bradley wrote:

Before LH, I made my first purchase ever from [edit by forum admin] 'cause of my friend's recommendation about discreet delivery.

Welcome to the forum.

Not allowed to post links to other sites for obvious reasons.

My first toys were a jelly rabbit and an RO-80mm bullet from a certain high street competitor.

I loved them and was pretty much hooked from then. From then I researched and found Lovehoney's prices and selection were far better, plus free delivery AND that returns policy? Amazeballs!

I've been pretty loyal since then, but brands I like keep getting discontinued so I sometimes HAVE to stray. I do owe it to Lovehoney for getting me into reviewing though as that is now a massive part of my life (and sex life!)

I'm so sorry, did not know :)
Before LH, I made my first purchase ever from ToyDemon 'cause of my friend's recommendation about discreet delivery.