Sextoys and Dubai airport

Hi guys and gals,

We are shortly going on a holiday of a lifetime to Mauritius, (celebrating 30 years of marriage)!

My wife was hoping to take some her favorite lovehoney purchases, especially her Rabitt and dildo, and her nipple chains and clamps, but is worried about taking them through Dubai where we transfer flights.

Have any of you had experience of takig toys through Dubai? Did you have any issues?

Would love to have some 'celebratory' fun, but dont fancy spending our anniversery being arrested ;)

1 Like

They are illegal in Dubai, so I would not take them. Not worth having your favourite Lovehoney purchases confiscated!

Thanks NatandTom

So it really is illegal? Thought maybe it was frowned upon.

We dont actually leave the airport, just transferring from one flight to another after 3 hours, but dont supose that makes any difference. .

As you say, perhaps leave them at home and get inventive on holiday ![](upload://h7LJ67OOrR57VDYrj5ZEwwHAfLG.gif)

Yes, they’re illegal in all of the UAE. Whether you leave the airport or not I believe your bags will still be checked behind the scenes to make sure you comply with their laws and it’s just not worth the risk.

I’ve also just had a browse online and I believe sex toys are prohibited at your final destination too so that makes it a definite not worth it for me.

Inventive sounds like the best plan!

1 Like

Thanks NatandTom

Good advice

I learned a thing.

Here's a toy I use when travelling to places where sex toys are illegal:

https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=10535

It just looks like a perfectly innocent electric toothbrush attachment, and I'm certain it wouldn't be picked up by a scanner. I've traveled through Dubai with it on my way to south Africa, I specifically took it because I knew sex toys would be an issue.

Although I would say it's always safer not to take anything at all. I just couldn't stand the thought of being without a masturbation aid for a three week trip, and the tingle tip is low cost if if it did happen to be confiscated.

Enjoy your holiday! :)

1 Like

Lube in old shampoo bottles is a good idea too. We also took some bits of rope "for the luggage", a sleep mask (blind fold).

I learned a bit here too, I never realised they were illegal!

Amazing - knew I was right to ask the experts!

some cracking ideas though

AsYouWish! wrote:

Lube in old shampoo bottles is a good idea too. We also took some bits of rope "for the luggage", a sleep mask (blind fold).

good idea about the lube though.

Jezebella wrote:

Here's a toy I use when travelling to places where sex toys are illegal:

https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=10535

It just looks like a perfectly innocent electric toothbrush attachment, and I'm certain it wouldn't be picked up by a scanner. I've traveled through Dubai with it on my way to south Africa, I specifically took it because I knew sex toys would be an issue.

Although I would say it's always safer not to take anything at all. I just couldn't stand the thought of being without a masturbation aid for a three week trip, and the tingle tip is low cost if if it did happen to be confiscated.

Enjoy your holiday! :)

Ha! There's an interesting toy .... all I need to buy is a leccy toothbrush too ;)

Deffo will enjoy the holiday (toys or no toys) , thank you Jezzebella

Hey, you have shared great information about sex toys in Dubai and the airport I am looking forward to joining.

Spam much?