SEXY RECIPES THREAD

Fudge cheesecake

250g oat biscuits, (Hobnobs or similar), crushed
75g butter, melted

200g cream cheese, (Philadelphia or similar)
600ml double cream, lightly whipped

Method
1. Lightly butter a 24cm springform cake tin.

2. Make the base by combining the biscuits and butter and pressing into the base of the tin.

3. Beat the cream cheese until soft.

4. Grate 250g of the fudge (I use my food processor) and tip into the cream cheese. Combine gently - folding in slowly - with the cream.

5. Chop the remaining 50g fudge and scatter over the biscuit base.

6. Spoon the cream mixture over the top and cover. Chill for at least 6 hours (24 hours if possible) before carefully decanting and serving in wedges.

Rowan. . . . .you are my kinda girl! ;-)

All good recipies esp the fudge cheesecake!

SG69 x

Rowan that cheesecake sounds amazing and so easy to make. Think I will definetly be trying that one. Thankyou for posting it. x

Thanks. Most of the time I don't use recipes (whatever is reduced or on deal is what we have in the house) good luck SLM! Will look out the ones for Tablet and clootie dumpling (the alcoholic version though :S )

I shall definitely be trying some of these!! :D

Butterscotch Sauce

2oz/50g butter

3oz/75g light muscovado sugar

3oz/75g golden granulated sugar

5oz/150g golden syrup

5fl oz/150ml double cream

few drops pure vanilla essence

Melt the butter and both the sugars together with the syrup in a heavy based saucepan. Heat slowly until melted and the sugar dissolved.

Heat gently for another 5 minutes. Turn the heat off underneath the pan. Gradually stir in the double cream followed by the vanilla essence. Stir continually for 2 or 3 minute until smooth. Leave to cool.

Can be used warm or cold, delicious poured over ice-cream!

Also will keep in a jar in the fridge for a week or 2. Mine never lasts that long though.

OOOH. Sounds amazing SLM! Must find excuse to do this...Ah! Sibling has invited self up lol!

rice pudding - 2 pints total of milk / cream - any kind of cream, I buy single cream if I am planning to make rice pudding , but if I see whipping cream or any other kind reduced then I use that instead.
1 tablespoon of sugar a little bit of butter (like how much you would put on toast)
3 handfuls of pudding rice (short grain rice, it will probably say 'pudding rice' on it. Tescos have started putting it in a little cardboard box now, instead of a plastic bag.

optional - sultanas or raisins. about a handful. I use a glass casserole with a lid - one of those Pyrex ones you can put in the oven.

Butter the dish before you start. oven on, I start with the oven on at gas 4, then turn it down to mark 3 after half an hour, but rice pudding will cook at any temperature, it just takes longer at a low temperature.
Traditionally people put it in the bottom of the oven while they cooked stew or something.
Put everything into the dish. it will look as though there is hardly any rice in the dish, but I promise the rice really does swell up.
Put it in the oven. take it out every half an hour and give it a wee stir with a fork so the rice doesn't all stick together as it swells up as it cooks.
I turn the oven down after half an hour, so it takes about 2 hours until it is ready. You can start it off at mark 6 then turn it down. You can also turn the oven off once it is very hot, and it will carry on cooking a fair bit just sat in the oven after the heat is switched off.

Remember though, that rice is one of the foods that is known to be a favourite for food poisoning, so don't leave it lying around the kitchen for too long, it needs to go in the fridge if you're not ready to eat it once it is cooked and cooled down.

Rowan the sauce is so easy to make and so mmmmmm. I have used a mix of light and dark muscovado sugar before too, just as nice but the sauce is a little darker.

Must try your cookie recipe too. Not baked for ages. Will dig out some of my other recipes and get them up A.S.A.P.

Cheers. I'm just too lazy to add the longer or more complex ones, mostly done in ounces and written by hand lol!

I shall be attempting the sauce, and using whichever sugar I have :) very rarely stick to the recipe properly

about ½ cup milk.
1kg white cane vanilla granulated sugar
1 tin (appx. 400g) sweetened condensed milk
100g unsalted butter
fresh milk to damp sugar

Equipment
large pan, not non-stick
big wooden spoon
glass of cold water
teaspoon
plate, as spoon rest and tester for mixture colour.
large shallow baking tray, carefully buttered.
Method
Damp the sugar with cold milk in the pan. Add the butter and the condensed milk, and turn the heat on medium-high.
It's an idea to put a little dollop of the uncooked mix on the spoon rest plate. I find comparing the colours of the mixture as it cooks a better way of judging readiness than using a sugar thermometer.

Keep stirring evenly until the mixture comes to the boil; this usually takes about ten minutes. If you start getting brownish streaks (caramel), turn the heat down a little, and keep up the stirring effort. If you get black streaks, you've burnt it. Good luck with cleaning the pan …

Once the mixture boils, turn the heat down low. Stir occasionally to stop the mix sticking. When it's simmering, the mix can be more than twice its original volume, so let's hope you've chosen a big enough pan.

You'll notice the mixture darken slightly; keep stirring now and then. It'll take about 20 minutes for the mix to cook.

Transfer a little of the hot mix to a teaspoon, and plunge it into cold water. It should form a soft, sticky ball that should drip off the spoon very slowly. When it does this, it's ready.
(I'd like to add that the goo on the spoon is very tasty, but be advised that it keeps its heat inside the glob. You can burn your tongue quite remarkably. Beware!)

Ready! I like my tablet a light colour, so it's usually done in twenty minutes or less (this took 18 from coming to the boil). If you prefer a stronger flavour, simmer for longer.
Now comes the difficult bit. Take the pan off the heat, and start stirring vigorously. Try to mix in some of the crystallized mixture that has formed on the side of the pan; what we're trying to do is to get the mixture to form large enough crystals that it will set, but small enough crystals that it will still pour.

Once you feel the spoon stirring slightly grittily on the base of the pan, and the mixture being slightly stiffer, it's ready to pour.
The above is much harder to explain than to do; you'll know it when you feel the change. Of course, let it set too long or too fast, and you'll end up with a trayful of gritty lumps looking alarmingly similar to a cat box.

Quickly pour the mixture into the buttered baking tray, which should be on a heat-resistant surface. Scrape out as much of the mixture as you can, as it will set in the pan to concrete hardness (believe me. Had to quite literally CHIP IT OFF WITH A KNIFE)

The colour changes, from uncooked mixture (cream coloured, in the middle -- almost the same colour as the plate) to the final colour, which is a golden fawn brown.

Once the mixture has fully cooled and set (usually overnight, if you can keep your paws off it that long), slice into bars or small chunks

---------------------------------------------------------------------

I first made this with my gran, years ago, but managed to lose the recipe until about a year ago. So found this online which, although more specific than Gran's written one is exactly the same. You are likely to desire help in the beating process at some point!! NEVER try to eat it immediately out of the cold water (who listens the first time;)

Good luck!

SLM you absolute star - not but 2 days ago was I looking for a butterscotch sauce recipe cos I wanted to make butterscotch milkshakes aka cookie dough milkshake nom nom nom!!! thank you sooooo much!! when I get a chance will put up my cheesecake recipe and a couple of other favs ;)

Your welcome Wizadora. Glad to be some help. Next time you are looking for a recipe just ask, sure someone on here will be able to help.

Rowan I know what you mean about trying to explain that bit with the tablet, definetly easier to do than explain. It was my gran's brother who taught me how to it. I stick to the same basic recipe and instructions to you but tried adding cinammon for a change and it was lovely!

Even LH has got in on the act now!

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/blog/2010/01/20/simple-shortbread-recipe-valentines-day/

x

Don't know whether it counts as sexy - but it's damned good.

http://www.channel4.com/food/recipes/baking/cakes/dorset-apple-cake-recipe_p_1.html

I don't have an electric beater so I used a wooden spoon, lovely tastiness!

Here's a question SG (and any other budding foodies)....how to make good petite madeleines!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Madeleine_(cake)

These are my all time favourite cakes, they are amazing...you may have heard of the spanish version - magdelenas...but they really don't sell them in England - they have 'em in Costco but they're expensive!

So I want to make some myself....only trouble is, I'm not the best cook at the best of times so I'm looking to the OA for advice!

Hope someone knows, or at least can apply some food common sense to the question since I have none :P

Adxx

Alicia D'amore wrote:

Here's a question SG (and any other budding foodies)....how to make good petite madeleines!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Madeleine_(cake)

These are my all time favourite cakes, they are amazing...you may have heard of the spanish version - magdelenas...but they really don't sell them in England - they have 'em in Costco but they're expensive!

So I want to make some myself....only trouble is, I'm not the best cook at the best of times so I'm looking to the OA for advice!

Hope someone knows, or at least can apply some food common sense to the question since I have none :P

Adxx

How have I not found the thread about cooking before?!

I've done many investigations into Madeleines as I love making teeny cakes, but never been brave enough to actually make Madeleines! They are rather hyped up (by Proust):

"I raised to my lips a spoonful of the tea in which I had soaked a morsel of the cake. No sooner had the warm liquid, and the crumbs with it, touched my palate than a shudder ran through my whole body..."

First thing to get is a Madeleine pan. Apparently the batter for the sponge mix must be treated VERY VERY VERY gently, with lots of love and folding - this is the recipe I intend to try. As always with diddy sponges, sit and watch them in the oven (some say that's sad, I say theraputic) as they can go from delicious to dry in half a minute.

After payday, maybe I'll indulge in a Madeleine pan and can give an update?

In the mean time... cock cakes!

External Media

Magnifique! Ello Ad! I love these myself. I usually buy a load from the french biccies stall when the continental markets come to Liverpool. You deffo need a Madeleine tin or the individual rings to get the proper shape. I've seen the tins on amazon. Recipie. . . . The french way. . . . A tea cup to measure with.
3 eggs
3/4 of a cup o' sugar
1 teaspoon o' vanila
1/3 of a cup o' milk
2 cups o' flour
1 teaspoon o' baking powder and 6 tablespoons o' butter melted then cooled. Method. . . . Beat the eggs, sugar, vanilla and half the milk until light yellow and thick. Then to this add the flour and baking powder a bit at a time whilst continuously stirring until it's all smooth like WandA! Then add the remaining milk and butter. Now you could add orange or lemon zest to this if you wanted. Spoon two tablespoons of the batter per mould or ring and cook at 375 degrees F or 190 degrees C or gas mark 5 (Can you tell I'm right into oven temps?) for 15 mins, middle shelf. Buy the bloody things woman! :-p Hope that helps lovely. Oh, that will give you about 20 odd of the buggers! Dust with icing sugar if you want to go all out frog! Ribbit ribbit. :-) Hope this reads okay i'm on my phone in work with a fire hose hanging over me shoulder girl! I'm doing wood today! SG x

SEXYGET 69 wrote:

Magnifique! Ello Ad! I love these myself. I usually buy a load from the french biccies stall when the continental markets come to Liverpool. You deffo need a Madeleine tin or the individual rings to get the proper shape. I've seen the tins on amazon. Recipie. . . . The french way. . . . A tea cup to measure with.
3 eggs
3/4 of a cup o' sugar
1 teaspoon o' vanila
1/3 of a cup o' milk
2 cups o' flour
1 teaspoon o' baking powder and 6 tablespoons o' butter melted then cooled. Method. . . . Beat the eggs, sugar, vanilla and half the milk until light yellow and thick. Then to this add the flour and baking powder a bit at a time whilst continuously stirring until it's all smooth like WandA! Then add the remaining milk and butter. Now you could add orange or lemon zest to this if you wanted. Spoon two tablespoons of the batter per mould or ring and cook at 375 degrees F or 190 degrees C or gas mark 5 (Can you tell I'm right into oven temps?) for 15 mins, middle shelf. Buy the bloody things woman! :-p Hope that helps lovely. Oh, that will give you about 20 odd of the buggers! Dust with icing sugar if you want to go all out frog! Ribbit ribbit. :-) Hope this reads okay i'm on my phone in work with a fire hose hanging over me shoulder girl! I'm doing wood today! SG x

Ooooo I bet you made it to the Hope st feast on Sunday, yum yum fudge!

Oooh thanks Alice and SG....I know what I'm getting for Christmas now...a Madeleine tin!

Ahhh I could eat the things all day! I do love butter though.

Adxx

To me and a few of my female friends tiramisu is orgasm food. This is one recipe I

Found years ago and thought I’d share with you all.

ok you will need:
100g caster sugar
100g butter or similar
2 large eggs
85g self raising flour
25g cocoa powder
2 table spoons of instant coffee powder
200ml boiling water
150ml amaretto liquor
500ml crée fraiche
500g mascarpone cheese
3 table spoons of sifted icing sugar
cocoa power for dusting
and 200g of toblerone chocolate, coarsely chopped.

first you need to make the cake mix up, to do this:
cream together sugar and butter until fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time while whisking, otherwise the mix can become lumpy. If it does become lumpy add a little flour to the mix. Sift flour and cocoa powder into the mix and mix with a spoon.

Right you can either make two or three large round but flat cakes or make 12 cupcakes it up to you. Spoon mix into tin or individual cupcake adding a piece of toblerone into the middle and covering with more mix. if you are maxing the larger cakes use more toblerone. Bake at 350f for 12-15mins, larger cake will need a few mins extra. once the cakes are cooked leave to cool.

now for the rest:
dissolve the coffee with the boiling water, and pour the amaretto in as well. leave mix to cool.

in another bowl mix the mascarpone, crème fraiche and icing sugar together.

now back to the cakes and the coffee mix, soak the cake in the coffee mix for about a minute. The place half of the cupcakes in a bottom of a trifle dish, pressing them down with a spoon, so the bottom is completely covered. Sprinkle half of the chopped toberone and dust with cocoa. Then spoon half of the mascarpone mixture on top, dust again with cocoa. add the next and last layer of cake repeating the previous method of layering the other ingredients.

Chill in the fridge over night and there you go.

Since I made this one I have invented my own interesting tiramisu recipes which I might post in the future.

The most romantic seductive menu I have ever done:-

Prawns with chilli and parsely, lemon butter

Fillets of sea bass with sauted potatoes and beure blanche

Chocolate mouse (with brandy and lemon cream)

And the results were quite lovely.