Silicone lube

This might sound like a silly question but I bought the lovehoney silicone lube, is it best to use it with silicone toys? Thank you

Quite the opposite, don't use it with silicone toys as it breaks down the surface of the toy. Silicone toys need water based lubes

It depends - we use good quality silicone lube (Pjur) with good quality silicone toys (Tantus, Fun Factory etc) and have done for about 20 years without any issue. You can simply do a spot test on the base of the toy and see if the lube leaves a mark. If it washes off with, say, hand wash liquid then it's likely to be OK.

I like the lovehoney silicone lube too, but have read that it shouldn't be used with silicone toys. Consequently, we don't use it as much as we would like because we never know if any particular toy might be called upon to join in... I'm saving ours for shower play with no toys, which now I've thought of it again could be fun!

P.S. if you want a thicker, slicker lube which can be used with toys, then check out the Sliquid Natural Gel. It is pricey but a little goes a long way and we have found it to be a good all-rounder. It is our favourite now.

MsR wrote:

I like the lovehoney silicone lube too, but have read that it shouldn't be used with silicone toys. Consequently, we don't use it as much as we would like because we never know if any particular toy might be called upon to join in... I'm saving ours for shower play with no toys, which now I've thought of it again could be fun!

I'm not sure using silicone or oil lubes in the shower is recommended either. It's not something we've tried ourselves but I've read a few comments on here saying that it makes everywhere super slippy and unsafe. We've used ours a couple of times in bed but with a towel down and no duvet. To be honest I don't really know what to do with the stuff now we've got it. 🙂

@ Ian Chimp - I'll maybe put that shower idea out of my head, then, as I'm bound to twist an ankle!

We bought the silicone lube to give more slip after the menopause - it worked, and I'd recommend it, but now we have added toys to our repetoire so ours is sitting to one side too.

Maybe something to keep for solo play and glass / steel toys? Or for folk that just don't use toys but like a better lube than can be found on the high street?

We got some to use with our glass dildos but we often use those with toys too, so it's gotten a little neglected. I haven't patch-tested any of our toys with it yet as we have plenty of 'definitely-safe' lube still to get through. I'm also a bit wary of getting it on my sheets. 🙂 Have you had any problems washing it out of stuff?

I only use silicone lube on my glass stuff and only once tried it in the bath....it was super slippery and not in a good way!

Yes I did get some on the sheets and I found it rather difficult to get out , it took repeated washes and now its kind of faded but if you look close enough its still there. Having said all that I love silicone lube as it has a bit more staying power.

Unfortunately it also means once I've started with it on my glass toy I can't then swap to any of my other toys half way through a session because they're mostly all silicone.

Ian Chimp wrote:

Have you had any problems washing it out of stuff?

I haven't noticed any staining, but our bedding is white / cream and fairly cheap and cheerful so not irreplaceable. Might be an issue with deeper colours?