Snow day!

Anyone been affected by the snow and had to "work from home" today? ![](upload://5BDs2y1gm13l2R58ovmAMxyNM3f.gif)

I am trying to work... (honest), but keep getting distracted looking at what to buy next on LH. Hoping the OH gets home a little earlier too so she can enjoy snow day too...![](upload://h7LJ67OOrR57VDYrj5ZEwwHAfLG.gif)

How are you spending your snow day?

I am spending mine keeping an eye on you lot lol.

Some of us at HQ are here working away. I am keeping a close eye on train delays and road closures though, that's for sure! 

My work is not really possible from home but there is minimal snow here. It is very cold though.

I work from home anyway but today I’m off and chilling under a bunch of duvets doing some reviews and listening to podcasts

5 days off and I'm stuck at home indoors. Lots planned all cancelled. Roll on summer

We are on a red weather warning. Doesn't really bother me as I have the flu. Bit of a blessing as it means I can sleep it off.

For a change I was called and told not to go in, company van and a 1 hour drive to work... toooo risky. Only recently joined the forums so I'm taking the chance to try and get aquanted ![](upload://5BDs2y1gm13l2R58ovmAMxyNM3f.gif)

Well looks like today will be spent doing arts and crafts with the young ones. Work cancelled, school closed, so guessing it’s going to be baking cakes and trying to entertain the kids until the OH gets home where maybe I’ll have some entertainment when the kids are all asleep.

Lovehoney - Leanne wrote:

Some of us at HQ are here working away. I am keeping a close eye on train delays and road closures though, that's for sure!

Stay safe and warm all, and keep an eye on those trains, Leanne!

We have actually had snow in Cornwall, it's lovely as we don' get it often at all here and it was a decent amount to settle. Although it has affected my post so I havent' had my love honey orders yet boooohooo but understandable given icy roads we are now left with.

Second snow day for me. Been out sledging now trying to warm up again

Leo Christian wrote:

Lovehoney - Leanne wrote:

Stay safe and warm all, and keep an eye on those trains, Leanne!

Had to head off. Home working it is! 

FYI all, of you crash your car during an amber or red weather warning, due to weather conditions, your insurance company can refuse to pay! Safe driving!

That's not correct. As long as you are following the law and not driving recklessly (e.g. driving into a flood) of course you are covered (comprehensive cover withstanding) What are you going to do if you happen to be on the road when a warning comes into force, pull over and freeze?!

Yes, full house of people working from home today

Technically I'm working from home. In reality I'm snuggling with my OH and watching old episodes of Top of the Pops on iPlayer.

I can’t work due to medical. I’m waiting for my order. It’s been delayed by the snow 😕

Everything is covered in snow here. I love it. I haven't seen snow in years. ![](upload://l9s9e23YKLHpoOzgGVeUkhZGcEr.gif)

AmyA wrote:

That's not correct. As long as you are following the law and not driving recklessly (e.g. driving into a flood) of course you are covered (comprehensive cover withstanding) What are you going to do if you happen to be on the road when a warning comes into force, pull over and freeze?!

Yes I have read this as well, Apparently they can apply extra scrutiny but as long as your not driving recklessly, with bald tyres, or high on drugs or alcohol then you should be ok!

It's my OH's birthday, so we were off work. We have had a great day relaxing, and he wanted to go to the pub with friends this afternoon. Mutley has had a good day too, he loves being with us and doesn't know why we were not at work. He is not a fan of the snow though, which dissapoints me, I love it.

Our friends both had snow days and we're off work due to transport issues.