Solar Eclipse!

Who saw it? We all stood outside earlier and witnessed the 'cheshire cat grin' - it was pretty impressive!

Here's our little 'nod' to today's happenings... Heheย 

![](upload://tdn9eq7tx8bwIBEz8Ol2WV7Busi.jpeg)

Haha, that's a good one, Jess!![](upload://h7LJ67OOrR57VDYrj5ZEwwHAfLG.gif)

I wish I could say I saw it, but it's completely overcast here so we didn't see a thing! So disappointed:(

Too cloudy here :(

Too cloudy here too :(

Love the Pic Jess xx

Yep. Had a lovely view until the last quarter, then clouded over. Clouds broke as the sun started to emerge. The colours on the surrounding clouds were quite spectacular. Everything was an eerie grey for a while, and quite still. Glad I caught it.

Nice one Jess. Can't think what it reminds me of !!

Not cloudy over here at all but dad apparently grabbed everybit of sufficiently protective eyewear when he left early in the morning. That means I have only dared a couple of fraction of a second long glances through a couple of sunglasses.

It was fantastic. Just got a break in the clouds at the maximum eclipse. Got some great photos.

Clear in Manchester. Perfectly viewed through welding glass. ๐Ÿ‘๐ŸŒ”๐ŸŒ“๐ŸŒ’๐ŸŒ‘๐ŸŒ’๐ŸŒ“๐ŸŒ”

We went down the garden to see the eclipse, but nothing to see as it was so cloudy. It did get a bit darker, but that was about it.

Like the picture though, made us smile when we came back in.

I didn't know it was happening until seeing the thread here, so totally missed it. I don't know if it was just particularly cloudy this morning anyway, but we did remark on how gloomy and dark it was when getting up.... I wonder if we were noticing the eclipse from indoors just by chance.

Shame to have missed it, but probably wouldn't have seen much from here anyway with it being so cloudy.

Was a bit of a disappointment here, a bit cloudy really to see much.

Major disappointment here. Couldn't see the sun at all the clouds were so thick. Just looked like it was about to pour down. Nothing new there! :/

It was very cloudy here, didn't get to see much!

I heard it was Half 8 and had told my eldest daughter and we did the whole own shadow caster thingy and there was nothing very upset tearful walk to school as we thought we had missed it turns out we was an hour early and me and my two youngest where in a shop and missed it again and its amazing clear blue sky to x

Just very dull and overcast here, nothing to see :(

We didn't see anything it was way to overcast here and still is.

Thats exactly what I thought when I saw it! I was half expecting to see a purple cat apeare in the sky! :D x

Was cloudy here , but, still managed to snap some pics on my phone :) not great wuality mind you. But still glad I got to see it x

It was a CORKER here at LHHQ! ;)