Sounds of vibrators

I was on tiktok yesterday trying to work it out and I’ve recently uploaded a couple of videos of silly things like walking through mud, frozen puddles. I was surprised by the amount of views they got. I had tagged them as ASMR videos but it made me think about sound, and the sounds of different vibrators.

Has anyone made/seen a database of all the different sounds and would it be useful to people buying new toys??

(I’m nearly tempted to start a new tiktok or instagram using what I have)

2 Likes

It’s a good idea to hear a toy before you buy. Noise can ruin a toy and let your housemates and neighbours know what you’re up to!

I don’t know of anywhere that documents the noises of toys. Lovehoney product videos are pretty good demos for noises and stuff.

1 Like

I considered this a little while back before Brenna said no audio files. (boo :slightly_smiling_face:)

This is as far as I got:

Test consistency:

Distance from the mic? What mic? What’s a standard bedroom (acoustics)? Under and over duvet (tog/feather?). Sound when held free versus pressed to flesh (in use? Tmi?) From outside the door? Distance from door? Sound meter? Age of toy. Length of audio clip. Upload quality.

Size/depth of database:

What other information would need to be included (name, link? Frequency? Strength? Noise rating (if so, what scoring system))? And how many toys could you feasibly do?

No idea if any of that is useful, but there you go. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I’m in the very lucky position that we live in a detached house with no one else sharing so noise isn’t a problem for us. It hasn’t always been like this, though, as I lived with my daughter while going through a particularly horny phase several years ago. Let’s face it, no one wants to hear their parents have sex and no one wants to hear their mum masturbating either!

I had to be careful back then when I used my toys - I only had a few cheap ones and they were quite noisy, especially if I dropped them on the bed.

I’ve since come to the conclusion that there are very, very few quiet toys out there so when I buy I expect a noise. Oddly enough, after coming to that conclusion, the noise hasn’t bothered me as much.

Now it’s just a case of the tone. I can shut most noises out when I’m playing but the odd one still irritates.

3 Likes