Steaming your vagina.

So this week I read that Gwyneth Paltrow steams her vagina. I was instantly fascinated into what this is and how it's performed.

It's quite simple and no it isn't laying spread eagled and having someone pointing a steam cleaner at your vagina; which was the first image I pictured when I heard about it!

I've done some light research and it's an ancient practice, it has a lot of benefits such as balancing hormones, detoxifying the vagina, increasing blood flow and so on. This practise is also advised for best results after your menstrual period....

After watching a few videos on YouTube of girls doing this at home with an old pot they no longer use and a wearing a long skirt, I thought I'd give it a go. They recommend no longer than 20 minutes so after squatting over my pot of steaming lavender oil I had laying around I thought I'd share my first experience.

A very peculiar feeling. But also relaxing and soothing. I definitely feel somewhat detoxified down there and yeah, I'd do it again :)

There are obvious safety issues you have to be aware of, steam is hot so try not to burn yourself, don't touch the bowl (my inner thighs did a couple times and it wasn't pleasant!) don't actually dip your vagina in...and so on :')

So I'm wondering does anyone else do this? Or think this is silly? Or think you'd give it a try? I believe in trying anything and this I think is worth having a try!

I'd like to hear people's opinions :)

Not heard of that before but sounds interesting. If it really does relax and calm you I'm willing to try it! Off to YouTube I go!

The amazing thing about the vagina is that if you are healthy, it takes complete care of itself.

If healthy, you should not douche, soap, or any other things to it.

In the shower you should just be washing and drying the "outer" area.

I do not know what this steaming stuff is*edited by moderator* 

It seems like you are making the area very hot temperature wise when it should stay the way it is used to, meaning regular body temp.

*edited by moderator* 

That will get things stimulated in a lot more pleasurable way than hot steam.

amber

The fact that Gwyneth Paltrow does it would put me right off,her pseudo scientific claptrap really irritates me! Take `Cupping` basically it`s giving yourself love bites all over your back! Squatting over a pot of boiling water seems to me to be an accident waiting to happen,for no real benefit! You could have spent that 20 minutes `relaxing` with a toy off Lovehoney and still felt chilled afterwards! Then again,i`m a cynical old git! ![](upload://h7LJ67OOrR57VDYrj5ZEwwHAfLG.gif)

missyO wrote:

Not heard of that before but sounds interesting. If it really does relax and calm you I'm willing to try it! Off to YouTube I go!

Cool. Let me know what you think. Nice to see some people are open minded ;)

*edited by moderator* 

I said that if I want increased blood flow, stimulation and the like then I would do it another way.

Because the vagina works best when left to do its thing.

You may even be killing "good" bacteria steaming it.

Steam is an excellent way to sterilize things, and the vagina is one thing you do not want sterille.

Anything to do with messing with its natural function, I woud consult with a gynocoligist first before I would pay any attention to what a vapid Hollywood elitest thinks.

amber

WillC wrote:

The fact that Gwyneth Paltrow does it would put me right off,her pseudo scientific claptrap really irritates me! Take `Cupping` basically it`s giving yourself love bites all over your back! Squatting over a pot of boiling water seems to me to be an accident waiting to happen,for no real benefit! You could have spent that 20 minutes `relaxing` with a toy off Lovehoney and still felt chilled afterwards! Then again,i`m a cynical old git!

Paha yeah, that you do sound! 😄

Valid point, that's why it's real important to apply common sense...

I also don't understand cupping, *edited by moderator* 

I've never heard of it ! I'll look on YouTube when I get time though, I'm curious xx

Terri JJ wrote:

I've never heard of it ! I'll look on YouTube when I get time though, I'm curious xx

Yeah let me know what you think, I was really curious too. I am holistic (yoga & meditation) so anything zen naturally attracts me.

*edited by moderator* 

For me, a gynocologist is who I would turn to.

Not youtube and that Paltrow ditz.

For all I know, steaming could be fine. But I will ask him first for sure before I mess with my vagina that does its best when left alone.

amber

amber_angel wrote:

Anything to do with messing with its natural function, I woud consult with a gynocoligist first before I would pay any attention to what a vapid Hollywood elitest thinks.

amber

Perhaps I wasn't clear enough when I mentioned this is an ancient practice.

*edited by moderator* 

I've never heard of it 😯 But it sounds interesting, think I'll join the throng and do some research!

VioletWolf wrote:

I've never heard of it 😯 But it sounds interesting, think I'll join the throng and do some research!

Something to google when you're bored 😄

I have not heard of this, sounds interesting though. I will have to look into it!

Well this got "heated"

Grumpygit87 wrote:

Well this got "heated"

😄

lmh95 wrote:

I've heard of vagina facials but not this. Will have to check it out later :)

Ooh, I'll be googling that now 😝

Grumpygit87 wrote:

Well this got "heated"

There's always one who has to make a pun! 😂

NatandTom wrote:

Grumpygit87 wrote:

Well this got "heated"

There's always one who has to make a pun! 😂

Made me giggle

Sorry couldn't help it each to there own I say