Steel vs glass

First of all, apologies to the forum police is this a duplicate thread however I cannot fond one that is really right for what I want.

I have been a big fan of glass toys, more specicially butt plugs but thanks to Love Honey steel toys are now firmly on my radar however I don't know much about them.

Does anyone owe similar toys in glass and steel? What would make you choose one over the other?

Metal toys tend to be weightier in my experience but the coolness and inflexibility is similar. I have both and love both but do find myself reaching for a glass dildo more often than my metal ones.

I have found much thinner stems on metal plugs which makes them more comfortable to wear for extended periods without them coming out (I'm guessing this is a safety aspect with glass plugs as they'd be so easy to break if they had thin stems) and rarely have PIV sex without a metal plug

HTH

Thanks for taking the time to respond Alicia. I have read a lot of the reviews but I was after some comparisons from people who own both. There were some great reviews that got me interested.

Gigglesandjiggles, never considered the difference in stems but I do prefer the narrower stems, find them comfier.

The only glass plug I have is more like a mini dildo really and I struggle to keep it in when I move on to other things or during sex so I def prefer the thinner stems on my metal plugs.

Metal also seems to warm up slower than glass so you get to experience the coldness for longer

That is a very good question we have only recently experienced our first steel toy with the Fifty Shades Darker Deliciously Deep Steel G-Spot Wand. Here is my review if you like to have a read.

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=35193&reviewid=163629#customer_reviews

We have used glass toys as our favourite type of dildos during our sessions. Since we have had the wand our collection of glass toys has still had a good play but in terms of orgsam that I have given to my wife the steel wand gives her more intense orgsams several times over. So we would choice steel over the glass but it is still good to mix the toys up for different sensations.

I prefer steel because it seems to hold temperature better than glass

Bondagegod - your wife is a lucky lady, that's one hell of a review!

Thanks NatandTom...I'm convinced by steel now. I love my glass dildo when it's cold but it warms up quick.

Just purchased the Fifty Shades wand with the £20 deal. Cannot wait for that little bad boy to be delivered!!

I also tested the FSD wand. It's great and you will not be disappointed :)

Thank you naughty nerd. It is exciting for both of us the pleasure the wand brings to her. Yes temp play is a lot of fun. Glad you brought the fifty shades wand. Enjoy your purchase and looking forward to hearing how you get on with the wand.

The reviews on his product are some of the best I've seen on the site. Hard to read them and not be convinced.

Just told my OH about my purchase and he's as excited as me!

I have both glass and metal dildos. I'm not really an anal player, so my opinion is purely viginal in basis.

I actually prefer metal to glass. This could be because it's heavier and larger, giving a more full and satisfying feeling during play. Both are great for temperature play, and react similarly to cold and heat. There are less metal toys avalible than glass toys and they are more expensive than glass. I have the njoy eleven and it's great, I also have quite a few glass dildos.

A lot of the metal ones are slim in design, and my njoy eleven is larger, while glass tends to be slim to medium in size. Give metal a try.

Fun Louise wrote:

I have both glass and metal dildos. I'm not really an anal player, so my opinion is purely viginal in basis.

I actually prefer metal to glass. This could be because it's heavier and larger, giving a more full and satisfying feeling during play. Both are great for temperature play, and react similarly to cold and heat. There are less metal toys avalible than glass toys and they are more expensive than glass. I have the njoy eleven and it's great, I also have quite a few glass dildos.

A lot of the metal ones are slim in design, and my njoy eleven is larger, while glass tends to be slim to medium in size. Give metal a I like to use my glass dildo virginally with my desire wand but use it what appears to upside down to take

I like to use my glass dildo virginally with my desire wand. Although I use it upside down to take advantage of the round bulbous 'handle'.

Can only imagine how fun the njoy eleven is. Unfortunatel that will stay firmly on my wishlist. ...must remember to buy a lottery ticket tomorrow!!!!

I love both, but the weight of the stell, makes me feel full, even though it's quite a slim dildo.

Also, I've found that steel stays colder for longer which I love.

personally, I will never get glass due to safety factor - too easy to break; too costly, and not worth taking a chance

tzstt wrote:

personally, I will never get glass due to safety factor - too easy to break; too costly, and not worth taking a chance

Easy to break? Not at all! And costly? I'm assuming you haven't checked out the Lovehoney glass dildos because they're definitely affordable.

Steel is great, it feels weightier than glass so it's great if you like the feel of that. And plus it feels a lot colder and can retain heat better if you're into sensation play. Or if you're not, it's something different to try and definitely worth it :)

Hi tzstt. I can understanding why you might be worried about glass toys they are very safe and we own multiple glass typos and never had one break on us yet. There is a story on here somewhere of a glass toys falling from a shelf in a shop in Amsterdam and it broke a tile on the floor while the glass dildo remained intact not even a chip or anything wrong with it. Price wise I think there are reasonable priced.

Here is a link to more information about glass toys.

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/sex-toys/dildos/buyers-guide/glass-dildos-explained/

I've only used one steel dildo, and comparing it to my glass ones the weight is the real difference, as many people have already said. I use them for G spot stimulation and the great thing about the steel is because its so heavy if you lie face down gravity will do most of the work of applying pressure to the front wall of the vagina for you (I imagine the same is true for p spot stimulation). Does this just make me sound lazy? Anyway, hope you enjoy your new metal toy! :)

I am beyond excited for the FSD wand to arrive tomorrow.

OH is picking me up from work to go out for tea so might give him the remote for my love egg when we sit down for food and see how long it takes for him to get his hands on that gorgeous piece of steel when we get home.

Steel, feels lovely in my bum xx