Storing toys

Just a quickie...

Can silicone toys be stored together?

I have everything in its own little bag or box but keep 2 (soon to be 3) Mantric toys in the same box, with their chargers. Could this be a problem? Could they damage each other if they touch? It's very handy to have 3 good toys stored together in a small box which is easily packed to take away.

Silicone toys are renowned for melting on prolonged contact against each other. It's an easy no.

Best practice is to store them separately. I bulk buy the Lovehoney storage bags when they're in the sale and keep each of our toys in one of those if they don't come with their own. I've read that the newer silicone toys are not supposed to be as reactive to each other as they used to be (and you'd think the ones from the same brand would be okay), but it's nice to be sure. πŸ™‚

Silicone toys are absolutely fine to store together. It’s only if you haven’t bought a genuine silicone toy then there is problems (Lovehoney toys are genuine silicone)

1 Like

Hmmm... conflicting advice! A dilema to chew on...

I bought a Mantric Vibrator and it came in a good box so I keep my Mantric bullet in there too - I'm planning on adding the Mantirc Rabbit Ears...

I certainly don't want them to stick together. But it is very convenient keeping them all in the same box. I know what's in it, which makes for easy packing, whereas I have to faff around remembering / finding out what all the other zip-ups and bags contain!

Just remembered that I also have a Mantric Rabbit (they are not paying me to advertise!) which is too big to store with the others, so maybe separate bags are the way to go. The Lovehoney ones are good but they should sell tags so that toy collectors can write names on them!

We use a hanging pocket shoe store. It can hang from the wardrobe rail or over a door with seperate pockets for your 'shoes'. Also very cheap and convenient!

MsR wrote:

Just remembered that I also have a Mantric Rabbit (they are not paying me to advertise!) which is too big to store with the others, so maybe separate bags are the way to go. The Lovehoney ones are good but they should sell tags so that toy collectors can write names on them!

Some people tie different coloured ribbons to the bags to help tell them apart. I think that works better if you use something like the hanging shoe pocket idea LisaLips suggested to keep everything separate. Mrs Chimp's bedside drawer is our 'favourites' cache and it's a bit of a jumble. I tried adding some coloured ribbon but it just made things more tangled. πŸ™‚ I've tried to pare it down a bit but it's no use. What I really need is some innovative storage with pigeonholes, multicolour bags, USB charging, and maybe a cushioned top you can remove and use as a position wedge... πŸ™‚

Sounds like storing each toy separately is the way to go... better safe than sorry!

There's a very interesting blog by DangerousLilly - I can't do a link, sorry - where she stores toys together to see how they react. Good quality silicone doesn't melt, but jelly toys will. The jelly toys will also damage silicone iirc.

I love the Lovehoney satin bags, but the bondage bags are great if you want something a bit stronger. The hanging shoe storage is great if you don't have kids or nosy visitors in the house (if my OH's mother came across some of my toys she'd burn me at a stake ![](upload://l9s9e23YKLHpoOzgGVeUkhZGcEr.gif)). I put my foot down and installed a keypad lock on our bedroom door as she's not only got form for nosing, she brought a neighbour around for a look while we were away. I only found out when the neighbour asked me where I had the wallpaper from!

I also have some of the hard cases. I put different colour ribbon on the zip so I know which toys are in which.

1 Like

Great ideas from everyone.

VR - we have kids so the shoe hanger thing wouldn't work. For now it is the bedside drawer and boxes under the bed:-)

My mother would react in a similar way but she lives further away and can't pop in.

I'm more concerned about teenagers as our kids grow. A lock on the bedroom door would be a start and maybe one great big lockable trunk for toys and lingerie!

I'm quite relaxed about all this in terms of family life in my own home - I'd rather they grew up knowing sex is a normal part of adult relationships - but they can't see us in action and in a few years I expect there will be teenage parties and I don't want everyone else finding our stuff.

I'll have a think...

MsR - the good thing is that when they're teens you won't have to lock them up. The echoes of "ew, gross" at the mere thought of the olds having sex will keep them out ![](upload://5BDs2y1gm13l2R58ovmAMxyNM3f.gif)

My mum would have been a bit ![](upload://jokG3WtlbVccWAgGjeuPxY6tITM.gif) but would never have nosed around like my OH's mother. Plus in her eyes I've corrupted her "baby" and am a bad influence. I'd have had no problem telling my mum to mind her own and with that kind of relationship would have loved her to pop in.

OH's mother really WOULD like to see me burn at a stake but in the meantime she's trying her damndest to mark her territory on her son's house in an effort to bump me out of the way.

I must be getting old as I'd have had no problem telling my ex's mother to bugger off but I'm getting more diplomatic with age (even though I really don't like her and hate that she's thrown my fave vibe's charger away and cost us Β£1000's with her interfering and nastiness, but that's up to him to man up to).

Back to storage... a nice lockable trunk would be nice. Or maybe some vintage suitcases that you could stack (and lock). They'd be heaved up the loft for the teenage parties, though. Be prepared is my motto!

Hi y'all!

Just to clarify:

Silicone toys are absolutely fine to store together. Silicone is inert so will never react with another silicone material.

The materials you have to look out for are rubbers like TPE, TPR, latex, real feel skin and the like.

However, if in doubt, best practice is to store each toy individually.

Hope that helps!

1 Like

Lovehoney - Jess Wilde wrote:

Hi y'all!

Just to clarify:

Silicone toys are absolutely fine to store together. Silicone is inert so will never react with another silicone material.

The materials you have to look out for are rubbers like TPE, TPR, latex, real feel skin and the like.

However, if in doubt, best practice is to store each toy individually.

Hope that helps!

Thanks Jess. πŸ‘πŸ™‚

Out of interest, are there any other benefits to storing toys individually? Like hygiene, etc?

I've just seen that the new silicone Happy Rabbit bags have gone live, and thought they'd be something you'd be interested in. πŸ™‚

Large https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=39957

Medium https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=39956

Small https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=39955

Thank you, Jess!

The Happy Rabbit cases look good. But I'm thinking more along the lines of a fixed and locked piece of bedroom furniture, in the long term. Everything squirrelled away in separate bags / boxes for now.

Another thanks for Jess.

I have a nice big bedside drawer that's holding cases and bags of toys but digging an individual toy out of one is a bit of a passion killer.

I'm thinking of laying a cutlery holder tray on top of the cases to make my faves more accesible. This could be an option for us lucky people who don't have to lock toys away.

I've just experimented, given that I can't really buy more furniture. My rabbit is out of its Desire box and roaming free in the bedside drawer. The remaining box is just like a LH Medium storage box. Given that we have the go-ahead (thanks, Jess!) to store silicone toys together, I have managed to fit in my entire Mantric collection: bullet, rabbit, g-spot vibe and also a glass dildo in its own bag. If the Mantric Ears behave, there might be space... Also a mini bottle of my best lube and a massage candle in a tin. I might be able to pop the toy/body wipes in when they arrive. Wow! Easy to pop in a holday bag as a take-away passion box, and easy to store at home. Just bought another medium sized box for a different collection...

Just ordered 6 storage bags as they are presently reduced to Β£1.50 a bag...bargain

hampshirecouple wrote:

Just ordered 6 storage bags as they are presently reduced to Β£1.50 a bag...bargain

They are fab, especially at that price!

We usually keep toys in their individual boxes that they came in, especially glass toys that have their own cloth storage bags. We now have our regular toys that live on top of bedroom furniture and close to hand, while we have "reserve stock" in a bedroom cupboard. This arrangement works because there are just the two of us here, but we have to remember to make sure there are no toys left in the bathroom when we have visitors!