Strange Night

I had there're weirdest night's sleep last night <\p>

So I probably went to bed a good while earlier than I have been recently. I awoke to feeling like something had sat down on the end of my bed. Like I could actually feel the weight on my feet. I was so freaked out that I couldn't move for a good few minutes. When I actually manage to move again, I had to go round my whole house, turn on all the lights and make sure I didn't actually have an intruder haha. <\p>

From a bit of googling it probably sounds like a form of sleep paralysis. Anyone else had something like this? It made me feel so uneasy as it felt so real. Definitely set my nerves a bit on edge today! <\p>

No I have not had that but we had someone try and break into the house years ago and not slept the same since 😴 ever since then I always wake at the slightest noise thinking its happening again, difficult to convince your sub consciousness that its not happening or real? Its a difficult one hun sorry couldn’t be more help 😴😴😘

Yes I have! It's absolutely terrifying. I felt the bed go down on one side and what seemed to me like the weight of a hand on my thigh, I couldn't move for a few minutes and then evenutally I seemed to be able speak and shouted to my husband ( who was laying next to me snoring!) that someone was in the room! Obviously there was no one but it seemed so real .

I have also had those weird dreams where something horrible is happening to you but somehow you know its a dream but you cant wake up.....unfortunately it's never when you're having a good time in those dreams lol

Gazza 64 wrote:

No I have not had that but we had someone try and break into the house years ago and not slept the same since 😴 ever since then I always wake at the slightest noise thinking its happening again, difficult to convince your sub consciousness that its not happening or real? Its a difficult one hun sorry couldn’t be more help 😴😴😘

I unfortunately got broken into last year too. Its horrible isn't it? I felt unsafe for months after.

The good dreams are wet dreams wildflower the best. 🥖💦

wildflower wrote:

Yes I have! It's absolutely terrifying. I felt the bed go down on one side and what seemed to me like the weight of a hand on my thigh, I couldn't move for a few minutes and then evenutally I seemed to be able speak and shouted to my husband ( who was laying next to me snoring!) that someone was in the room! Obviously there was no one but it seemed so real .

I have also had those weird dreams where something horrible is happening to you but somehow you know its a dream but you cant wake up.....unfortunately it's never when you're having a good time in those dreams lol

Omg its so weird eh. I felt like I felt the bed tilt when the weight was on my feet. Its truly terrifying. Urgh. Genuinely hope this never ever happens again Thankfully it seems they're a one off experience!

Unfortunately I seem to go through stages of having bad or unnerving dreams( and occasionally very good sexy ones!) I blamed it on my hormones but who knows? Yes , the feeling that someone is in the room is the worst thing ever and you feel too frightened to go back to sleep it case it happens again!

I to feel there is something in the room or on the bed. Have had some really strange dreams over the years Thought it was just me but when the kids were young they said they would see a person walking upstairs cor across the landing. Now one of the grand children say the same when they visit. X I wont go in to the lifelike dreams. .. too embarrassing. Just felt and feel so real.

Alicia4Ever wrote:

The only one I used to like was after my dog passed, if mum was out to work, and I was on a day off, and stayed in bed; the dog would come flying upstairs when she left, and jump on my bed. For a long time after he passed I would be sort of half awake on a morning and I would feel him land on the bed, trample over my shins then curl up in a ball in the crook of my knees with his head on my thigh. Exactly the way he used to.

I had something similar after our dog died, I could have sworn I heard him creeping up the stairs when I was laying in bed, just like he used too and the little creaking of his wicker dog basket as he used to settle himself in. That wasn't scary though, it seemed a bit reassuring in way .

I used to have that sort of thing happen to me when I was in my late teens / early 20's

Very weird feeling to feel that sort of weight on the bed, pressure of being held down, unable to get my body to move, or wake up properly. It happened reasonably freqently for a while, and then just stopped. Couldn't put it down to anything. Did make me wonder about spirits etc.

Also had the feeling of floating sometimes. And no, not substance related - never had any lol.

It is ages old and as such the word Nightmare was estabilished, whatever, that is what is written in times gone by.

You wake up and think some twat is sitting on you, quite inconvenient you would say. Well yes you would be correct except no one is sitting upon your person. Unless you pulled in a nightclub and have no recollection as to who you invited back to your bedroom, and was awoken by a horny stranger that is.

REM. No not the band, but a momentarily lapse of the Brain, or a significant one dependant on your dream.

You are a sleep you awake, however your Brain is still dreaming. I have had this and yes it is as scary as feck. Seeing things in your room that should not be there is just, well, scary. I experienced it a lot during childhood. "You were having a nightmare thats all it was" Feck off.

Your eyes will open so now you are seeing things in reality, your mind will start to take in the surroundings so everything is perceived as normal. Except your Brain is still dreaming thats all. If you are having a nightmare think of it as a VR game :) Maybe not.

You do not actually wake up as in I got to get up, but you do wake up as in your eyes may open. Therefore taking in images that will make your dream more realistic.

The Paralysis, well there is no actual answer to that, was you hoping for an answer by now lol.

It is put down to stress, anxiety ext. No real conclusion. It happens.

I had horrendous nightmares for various reasons which is why I am writing all this blur.

I dreamt my late dog was curled up on my legs, when i looked above the duvet i could see her there, and feel the weight, it was so real, but obviously a dream, the sleeping mind does funny things. I have had extremely weird dreams in the past. I may go into detail when on laptop not phone!

Chlojakes 55 am ChloJakesChloJakes Rank: Field Marshall Posts: 629 Joined: 1 Mar 2017 Friend: [Add] Gazza 64 wrote: No I have not had that but we had someone try and break into the house years ago and not slept the same since 😴 ever since then I always wake at the slightest noise thinking its happening again, difficult to convince your sub consciousness that its not happening or real? Its a difficult one hun sorry couldn’t be more help 😴😴😘 I unfortunately got broken into last year too. Its horrible isn't it? I felt unsafe for months after. Hi Chlojakes its always always in the back of your mind and doesnt seem to go away or it hasn’t yet good luck hun after a while and a few beers you do get some much needed sleep 💤 😘

How about this...I dreamt that i got up for work and as i looked out the window, there was a huge boulder blocking my drive, i was annoyed, but got washed and dressed, then i heard a huge rumble and the huge boulder had fell into a sink hole that had opened up, and there was a moose scrabbling at the edge desperately using it`s front legs to try and escape. I needed a pee before i left for work, but a couple of my OH`s mates had slept over and were hogging the bathroom! Desperate for a pee, i barged in and found one of her mates opening a black briefcase, and she was assembling curling tongues like an assassin would assemble a sniper`s rifle! By now i was soooo annoyed that i would be late for work, that i phoned in sick, then i woke up and REALLY had to go to work! ![](upload://ez5kOkpKXRZOxjavAURYmQxVTau.gif)

I've always had lucid dreams and I can often control the narrative. I haven't had the same experience as you, but I often 'wake up' and stretch out my arms, only to look down and see my arms lying like dead weights. Nothing I can do to get my real arms to move. I don't know if this is sleep paralysis. I've learned not to panic about the fact that I can't move even though I feel I'm moving - I'm probably still asleep. If I tell myself that and close my eyes, I tend to fall back into deeper sleep. It is creepy, tho - a bit like those accounts of hovering above your own body as it is being resucitated in hospital. I think these experiences happen more during times of stress - a lot of people have disturbed or weird sleep patterns at the moment.

@willc you must rock mate to get rid of a huge boulder you got some strange dreams fella made me chuckle sorry J know its not what this forum is about but it did sorry 😐 stay safe nice dreams everyone keep safe 💋

Gazza, if this made you chuckle i have no problem, that`s why we`re here, for interesting chat and fun! I must add, that that dream i was completely sober! I have another weird one, i will share it later as i have to go to work in a bit!

Willc gave a good day fella catch you later 👍🏼

👍You too!

Thanks fella