Strap-on for buxom ladies!

Hi,

Isn't it amazing what pops up in conversation after a good shag?

Last night Mr Mercuria mentioned that he was "becoming increasingly interested in the idea of pegging". I'm all for it but I do have one concern and I just know that someone out there has got the answer.

We want to try a strap-on but I'm rather large (think Dawn French) and am concerned that the harness will not be sufficiently large. I've read a few reviews concerning the Tantus Beginers kit and there is the suggestion that the harness is appropriate for those of ample proportions.

Is it though?? It needs to be able to accomodate a size 22 frame.

Any thoughts folks??

Cheers,

I don't know about that one but I know a company http://www.babes-n-horny.com have been recomended many times on kink sites and have multifit harnesses up to 44 waist. They are pricey though and I'd try rogering him with just dildos and such first. I invested in a strap on and my hubby just doesn't like anal it turns out.

Thanks Miss Kitty- I'll try them out. Fortunately he's already enjoyed probes and vibrators so I guess this is the next step.

Interestingly though, when I quizzed him on the "why" bit he said that there was absolutly no psychological (dom/sub) aspect for him, just the erotic sensation. So in truth, I'm not really sure why he wants me to use a strap-on, but hey- I'm game if he is!

My wife and I purchased the tantus/sportsheets harness. There is plenty
of straplength provided, and I would be very surprised if it will not
accommodate someone of your proportions. I am 38/40" waist, and around 16 stone and I have cut away around 1/3-1/2 of the straps, so just leaving around 3"-4" over when I am wearing it and the straps are pulled tight.

Don't worry though - if the straplengths are not long enough, visit your local camping shop and buy a 2m length of 1" strap and two sets of snap
together buckles. An easy job to fit these to the harness, and shouldn't
be more than a fiver.

Good luck and enjoy !

Flameuser

We have a Tantus harness too, K is size 16 and there is loads of extra strap left when she pulls it tight, I think you will be OK with it. Give it a go, you won't regret it and neither will he.

By the way Mercuria, if your other half needs any convincing as to whether he is going to enjoy your thrusting or not then drop me a message here, I have never looked back since we started. Love it in all sorts of positions and situations.

Thanks folks, I knew you'd have the answer.

Fortunately I'm getting a little smaller each month so by time we get around to it I suspect that it won't be such a problem.

Of course,now thanks to Flameuser's suggestion I won't be able to keep a straight face each time we go away camping!!!

Thanks K&J, I'll bear your offer in mind. Mr M's not quite as liberated or experienced as myself but he's surprised me a lot this year (been together 13 years, married for 10)as he seems to have finally found his dark side and I'm encouraging the hell out of him!

Just to add my two cents, I'm a size 20 and I have the Tantus/Sportsheets harness. It fits perfectly and is definitely long enough; I am able to cuddle up to my husband's behind and achieve plenty of penetration without anything important coming loose. We both adore it!

Thanks goldenhawkw, you have reassured me. I think we will probably go with this model. Looking forward to it...

Mercuria, I don't know where you're based, but if you can get to central London, Sh! Women's Erotic Emporium is a great place to go for a strap on, as they have a fitting room where you can try on your harness before you buy. They have a range of styles, and sizes go up to XXL which is roughly equal to a size 30 dress size, so you should easily be able to find something. If you want a specific style in a specific colour, they will make it for you specially, as they hand make their harnesses.

Their staff are also very well trained in advising people on the right thing for the right situation. Anyone buying a dildo for strapping on should think about getting one which is longer than the one you usually use for freestyle use, as you lose playable length once it's in the harness, and there are bellies, thighs etc in the way. Generally speaking I would say if you're a bigger gal consider getting a dildo which is at least an inch or two longer than your usual one, to give you more freedom of movement during strap-on sex.

There website is here: www.sh-womenstore.com, but you can also phone them for advice if you're not sure what to select from their site, and/or make your order over the phone if you don't like online ordering.

Hope that helps! Let us know how you get on.

Thanks Queen Mab- I can get into London with a little planning, in fact Mr M and I are looking to spirit me away for my birthday and Amsterdam was working out too expensive- maybe your suggestion will (cough) poke two hole at the same time!

I very much appreciate your advice and will contat them in advance to have a chat.

Cheers!

Excellent. The shop is just on Hoxton Square and is open late (til 8pm) so there are lots of bars and restaurants nearby if you want to make a night of it (or have a G&T somewhere for a bit of Dutch courage before you go in! not that you need to worry, it's the most fabulous, welcoming sex shop in the world)