Suggestions for nights away

Hubby and I want to go away for a few nights. A number of years ago we stayed in a converted stable and each stable block was detached from the others. Ideally we would like somewhere similar where we don’t have anyone on the other side of a paper thin wall!!! But would love to have at least breakfast provided. Sadly the place we stayed at before doesn’t exist any more. I’ve been searching but struggling to find the “ideal” place so wondered if anyone had any recommendations or at least suggestions of what to search for. We’re looking in the Yorkshire region.

2 Likes

Weve stayed in 2 different shepard huts at Whenby, not that far away from castle howard.

Each hut is discrete and seperate from both the main farm and each other. They all have fantastic wood fired hot tubs, the 2 newer huts have huge slipper baths as well.

They are self catering, but Jess (the owner) does offer croissants brought to your hut in a morning.

They are listed on AirBnB

2 Likes

Thanks

Maybe try looking for holiday home rentals or great escapes… I’ve literally just this morning come back from a mini break via a local company called Barefoot retreats where they offer nice houses around norfolk to stay in and all inclusive so can have much need time alone.

2 Likes

https://www.thetackroomruston.co.uk/

If you liked the stables vibe, this place looks great located in North Yorkshire.

I can’t give a personal recommendation as we haven’t been, but it caught my eye when looking a while back.

That looks incredible. Definitely going on the shortlist!

If you type ‘weekend” in the search box, you’ll see previous discussions and suggestions that may assist.