The "Can I ask a stupid question?" thread.

I think we needed somewhere they can all be together (like the masses of jiggle ball questions, there should be just one thread).
I think they're fun too! I'm so ditzy and forever asking silly things -it's all humour! :) So sex related questions or totally unrelated ponders, let's have fun laughing at ourselves, helping peoples sex lives and generally setting everything straight we've been confused with since childhood! (I thought reindeer didn't exist for ages!!)

I do have a question which might not necessarily be stupid...
When writing reviews, as a sense of helping people by giving your opinion of everything you buy, should we still review things which are going to be discontinued from Lovehoney? Or things which already are? As people may still buy them elsewhere and may not have access to reviews as easily as we do on Lovehoney.
Do Lovehoney staff mind us doing this? Also does it help with probability of being asked to test items? Personally I read reviews quite a lot, and Ann Summers for instance don't have as many reviews as Lovehoney so I'd like it to help other shoppers in general.

Now someone ask something really silly! :D

I guess for me it's not knowing what it's like for men - my OH said to me last month that ALL shower gels make his penis tingle. I thought he was joking, but he seemed very serious. So, is this normal or was he taking the pee out of me?

I certainly would not say all gels have that affect on me. The Original Source Mintshower gel certianly has a pleasant tingle to it though!

choclover wrote:

I guess for me it's not knowing what it's like for men - my OH said to me last month that ALL shower gels make his penis tingle. I thought he was joking, but he seemed very serious. So, is this normal or was he taking the pee out of me?

Are you sure he is using shower gel? Shower gel does not have that effect on mine!

Am I missing out on something?

choclover wrote:

Hahaha!! Do all men fart evvvvery time they have a wee???

Little Strummer Boy wrote:

I certainly would not say all gels have that affect on me. The Original Source Mintshower gel certianly has a pleasant tingle to it though!

Now you mention it, that is the only shower gel I have experienced that provides anything like a pleasant tingle. Lol

maltedmilk wrote:

choclover wrote:

Hahaha!! Do all men fart evvvvery time they have a wee???

I noticed that even as small boys my sons did this! So the answer in my experience is a resounding YES!!!

Hampshire Hogg wrote:

choclover wrote:

Are you sure he is using shower gel? Shower gel does not have that effect on mine!

Am I missing out on something?

hmm maybe I should try buying him some for sensitive skin for him to try out!

Don't know about the male side of it, but I can tell if the guy I'm seeing forgot and used shower gel that morning. More like irritation than a tingle. Don't forget to try plain old cheap store brand soap too, the really basic kind without anything added.

I've heard a couple of comments about the tingly sensation of the original source mint shower gel! But not tingly with all shower gels... maybe he just has sensitive skin?

Good idea maltedmilk!!

I have a stupid question. Has anyone watched A Serbian Film (or any other horrible film actually) and did it put you off of sex? I watched it about a fortnight ago and have been totally put off pleasuring myself (virgin here, never had sex but do play with myself!)

Everytime I attempt to get in the mood these images just flash up in my head. I wish I'd never watched it now :( Someone dared me to watch it after saying it was worse than The Human Centipede.

I'm sad to say they were right :( Help!!!

HappilyExperimenting wrote:

Good idea maltedmilk!!

I have a stupid question. Has anyone watched A Serbian Film (or any other horrible film actually) and did it put you off of sex? I watched it about a fortnight ago and have been totally put off pleasuring myself (virgin here, never had sex but do play with myself!)

Everytime I attempt to get in the mood these images just flash up in my head. I wish I'd never watched it now :( Someone dared me to watch it after saying it was worse than The Human Centipede.

I'm sad to say they were right :( Help!!!

Thanks! Hopefully it will help us all haha! I've watched Serbian Movie but not human centipede, I'd have thought HC would be worse in gross values?? I didn't find Serbian that bad, it hasn't affected me sex wise but I have been abused which has affected me in the past so I can kinda understand. Just try not to think about it!!! :D Have you seen Feed? Xx

Argh! Doing this on my phone and I've accidentally put my quote inside your block, tried to edit but the box is tiny! Sorryyyy! Hope you can read it okay Xx

Avrielle_Aniko wrote:

On a similar note, you can write a review for a product that Lh do not stock. This can sometimes be helpful to Lh in deciding whether to stock a item or not. Though your review may never go live.

Thats my understanding anyway.

Xx

I'm pretty sure you can't, it even says so when you go to write a review. I think it says something like 'please do not review products we don't sell' or something like that.

Ah ok. I wish they didn't stop selling the hello kitty vibrator and that dinosaur monster thingy! Xx

maltedmilk wrote:

Argh! Doing this on my phone and I've accidentally put my quote inside your block, tried to edit but the box is tiny! Sorryyyy! Hope you can read it okay Xx

S'alright MM, I read it fine. I think it was the beheading scene and ending scene that freaked me out. I'm very busy over the next few days so I'll try and forget about it! :) Thanks for the advice xxx

For all the big bang theory fans on here..every season apart from season 2 is rated on my box set as being a 12, yet season 2 is a 15 - can anyone think of the reason(s) why? It's bugging me, trying to replay scenes in my head

Haha HE I didn't exactly give advice, "don't think about it" is pretty insufficient lol but I suppose that's all you can do, just laugh it off!

TT Maybe they just decided it was too much for a 12, or do Leonard and Penny have sexytime more in season 2? I have no idea but you have reminded about another series I've been pondering...

(I'm years late watching it, shhhh!) Prison Break. Wentworth Miller is mixed race but to some could be considered "white", his character of Michael Scolfield throughout series 1 is constantly being called "white boy"... I thought there'd be some reasoning behind this but unless I missed it there isn't..... The reason I ask is because when Michael fills out his paperwork when he's sent to prison, the ethnicity box is not filled in. I know it's not important, I just so happened to notice it, but wondered if it was an inside trivia to it?? ORRRRRRRR (just this second thought this) Will it be revealed towards the end of the series 4 as we just got told something about his genetics..... If it's nothing to do with the characters, I was thinking maybe the actor didn't want to "fully" commit to being classed as white or something..?

*Overanalysing!* :)

Watched the whole thing now and no clues. Hmf :(

If anyone wants to watch it, do yourself a favour and don't watch the last episode movie thingy 'the final break'. It's sooooooooo pathetic, unnecessary, upsetting, craps, lacks writing talent and just ruins the whole thing! :'( It's seriously way better off how it was. Xx