The Great Pub Quiz Game Thread

You may lose points for fibbing. :slightly_smiling_face: (though links weren’t expected on this one :+1:)

How was that one? Fun/not fun?

Sorry, didn’t intent to fib, must have failed to write haven’t correctly and it auto corrected to have… either that or my phone just thought I should have!

1 Like

Oh my god, I don’t know the names of any of these :joy:

Here are my complete stabs in the dark, I will consider it a success if I get one name correct!

completely wrong answers
  1. Lazy cowgirl
  2. The helicopter
  3. The ballbreaker
  4. A seated 69 aka a 68
  5. The emperor
  6. The horseshoe
  7. The extended guitar
  8. The corkscew
  9. The Zorro
  10. The banana split
1 Like

So I underestimated how difficult this would be for someone who doesn’t subscribe to POTW. Was expecting things like- missionary, doggy, 69! So here are 10 answers I’ve made up for your amusement! @Ian_Chimp

:purple_heart: :honey_pot: POTW Quiz

Fail central answers
  1. Leaning Tower of Pisa
  2. Adult Wheelbarrow
  3. The Cradle Will Rock
  4. Crash Landing (head between the legs)
  5. Bon appetit
  6. Back it up
  7. The Ice Skater
  8. Sideways Scissor
  9. Yin and Yang
  10. Peekaboo
1 Like

Fun though I had absolutely NO CHANCE of getting any correct without “cheating”

1 Like

Perhaps I should have included a link to the Cheat Sheet? (I didn’t want to make it too easy :slightly_smiling_face:).

Thank you all for having a go though. :+1: And any tips on how I could make them more fun would be much appreciated. :slightly_smiling_face::+1:

@Peitho Excellent work. :+1::clap:

@cassii You did indeed get one name right. :+1: But it was mine in the quote header, so… :slightly_smiling_face:, but I liked the guesses. :slightly_smiling_face: I think they’ll be asking you and @VanillaWithSprinkles to come up with all the new ones from now on. :+1::slightly_smiling_face:

Potentially if it was a “match the picture to the name” format this time round it would have been easier. And I’m totally up for being an official Lovehoney Position Namer :laughing:

3 Likes

Ooh, that’s good. I wish I’d thought of that. :slightly_smiling_face:

I much prefer the general knowledge ones, either mixed or themed questions.

Hopefully mine will be approved- a non Lovehoney themed picture round!

2 Likes

Sorry, missed answering this bit. I found it fun… though more just going through all the 2020 positions and deciding what on earth else they were diagrams for.

I did like the thought that the magician was pulling a rabbit from box and I know when I’ve lost something I end up looking it all the most bizarre places and the diagrams did look more like an item was being searched for than anything else :rofl:

2 Likes

Woohoo, one right, I feel like a genius :joy: and I don’t think I purposefully cheated on that one either (maybe it was subliminal, but I’m not actually sure which one of my many fabulous answers is correct)

I thought I could look it up, but doing it from memory would give you a better variety of answers :joy:.

Ooh @VanillaWithSprinkles, great idea with the matching, that’d be good! @Ian_Chimp or a multiple choice of 3-4 potential answers for each pic might also be good? So that way at least you might be lucky! (And obviously since VanillaWithSprinkles and I are so good at making up names we can help with the fake ones :joy:)

2 Likes

Excellent. :slightly_smiling_face::+1:

@WillC Hopefully there will still be a good mix of rounds. :slightly_smiling_face::+1: Maybe even a music one would be nice?

Good idea! I`m working this weekend, but i’ll see what i can come up with after some thinking!

Dog Breed Picture Round!

Enjoy!

2 Likes

I couldn’t of asked for anything more on a Friday! :heart_eyes:

4 Likes
My Answers

T1, Chow
2, Toy Poodle
3, Irish Wolfhound
4, Husky
5, Border Collie
6, Jack Russell
7, Airdale Terrier
8, English Bulldog
9, Bloodhound
10, Labrador?

2 Likes
Puppies 💜💜

1 Chow / Chow Chow

2 (Standard?) Poodle

3 Irish Wolfhound

4 Akita

5 Collie

6 Jack Russell

7 Airedale Terrier

8 Bulldog

9 Bloodhound

10 Looks kind of like a Labrador

1 Like

Answers to Dog Breed Picture Round :dog::dog2::poodle:

My Answers
  1. Chow
  2. Toy Poodle
  3. Irish Wolfhound (or possibly something similar but smaller as hard to tell the size - my Gran had one!)
  4. Akita (not quite sure on spelling)
  5. Border Collie (fantastic working dogs, completely neurotic often snappy maniacs if people want a low energy pet that looks pretty!)
  6. Jack Russell
  7. Airdale (not sure on spelling again)
  8. English Bulldog
  9. Bloodhound
  10. Labrador (but I think crossed with a little bit of something)

My sort of quiz :blush::+1:t2:
I did enjoy.

2 Likes
Absolutely all my own answers to:
Dog Breed Picture Round 🐶🐕🐩
  1. Ciao Bella
  2. Toy Poodle [nah, that’s definitely a real dog]
  3. Irish Wolfhound (or possibly something similar but smaller as hard to tell the size - I know Peitho’s Gran had one)
  4. La Femme Akita/Baked Alaskan Malamute
  5. Borderline Collie (fantastic working dogs, completely neurotic often snappy maniacs if people want a low energy pet that looks pretty!)
  6. Jack Russell
  7. Airdale Scottish Terror
  8. English British Bulldog
  9. Bloodhound
  10. Rhodesian Ridgeback (I think that’s the only one I actually knew….:lying_face:)

2 Likes