The Lounge

You say special i say “unique” :wink:

4 Likes

Got my second one booked in for Wednesday :tada::smile_cat:

3 Likes

So if I read this correctly, as of next Monday, you can hug someone who is a friend, and you don’t have to socially distance from them. So, can you shag them?

4 Likes

Oh how I would love to hear a straight-faced newsreader announce that one! :rofl:

7 Likes

@KinkyMira oh no hun 1st base lol only :kissing_heart:

3 Likes

I really hope you feel ok @Dirty-Wife :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

I wish you the very best @MsSubExperimenter, take care :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

@MsSubExperimenter yes we have to protect our loved ones and ourselves to right you do the right thing hun :hugs: :kissing_heart: :kissing_heart:

2 Likes

Yeah thank you :blush: my 1st jab it made me so tired and a bit of a headache, the 2nd one I had no symptoms

3 Likes

You’re welcome @Dirty-Wife :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I’m not a firm believer of whether it’s as bad as we’re told but having said that I know people who have been seriously ill from it! I believe it’s a legitimate virus though and although I’m not a fan of having the vaccine I will be having it! I like going abroad and I do really enjoy the pub after work on a Friday/Saturday so if it’s going to stop me doing a few things I enjoy not having it then I’ll take it!

5 Likes

Thank you - I opted for ‘Yes’ after posing earlier as without my medical mishap meaning I probably can’t have the 2nd jab I’d choose the ‘Yes’ camp :+1:.

1 Like

I worked through the height of the first wave of the pandemic in England, assisting with food provision for the needy without any PPE, at much less than 2m, in contact with over 100 people per day. Since it became compulsory we have worn face masks but the nature of the work means it is impossible to keep 2m apart. If long term tests say the vaccine is safe then a longer term test says I am immune, despite being in the most vulnerable age/sex category. As a tester by trade, I know that by simple linear time limitations, the various covid vaccines haven’t been shown to be safe. Thalidomide was safe around the time I was born. Look it up if you are too young to know. I am so glad my mum didn’t take it for morning sickness. My sister was ill for days after taking the covid vaccine. My mum’s arm is still numb. The risk of suffering a blood clot and death is low, but it is happening - and it is fatal! At the risk of alienating most of the forum, why would I risk taking the Covid vaccine?

Some people who have caught Covid of the past year have been sadly serving in jobs that exposed them but the vast majority must have been flouting the rules for scientific prevention of Covid…
… or the science has been wrong, 100,000 times

6 Likes

I agree with pretty much all of that! I was off work for the first 2 weeks of the first lock down and have worked ever since! As I’m a builder I’ve been in snd out of peoples homes and I’ve got to say that around 90% of people, old, young whatever haven’t asked me to wear a mask and really I’m not bothered about wearing one unless I have too! Shops etc! I’ve not contracted the virus snd I honestly believe I won’t either as I’m relatively fit and healthy! And I believe if I got it I’m strong enough to fight it! But with things like this I’m one of those who will go with the flow so to speak :man_shrugging:t3: I’ve only just been invited to get the vaccine and have had mixed reports on it! I know it’s me being a bit hypocritical but I’m willing to have it but I wouldn’t let my kids have it! How old are you if you don’t mind me asking? :grimacing:

4 Likes

Old enough to have been born when Thalidomide was scientifically ‘safe’

3 Likes

I’m early 40’s! Don’t think I’m high risk at all! Sorry about the age question :man_facepalming:t3::joy:

1 Like

Reading this makes me so sad.
This is not the place to go into detail but all the people who are unsure about this whole thing so are just “going with the flow” are allowing us to continue to be controlled, by going along with it.

We are being scared into doing this. By being told that we won’t be able to do this and we won’t be able to do that if we don’t have it.
People are putting this into their bodies just because they have been told to, without even questioning it’s real need and safety.

It’s the same as the whole mask situation.
So many people are wearing them, even though they don’t really want to - just because they feel like they don’t have a choice. But actually, we do.

What will happen in a couple of years when we figure out all the damage that has been unnecessarily caused by wearing masks for hours on end and taking covid vaccinations without even questioning it.

@SteelA1 out of curiosity - what is the reason you wouldn’t let your kids have the vaccination?
If you think it’s not safe for them, do you think it’s safe for yourself?

Also:

You don’t HAVE to - just say you’re exempt, and carry on with your day.

How sad is it that we walk down the street and don’t even get to see peoples faces, or smiles anymore.
And everyone thinks they’re doing great because they are following some ‘rules’ that don’t actually make any sense.

I’m sorry for the rant - I just wish that everyone knew their rights and did their own research before taking huge risks with their health, thinking they are doing good because they have been fooled.

5 Likes

@Cupc8kes ive no doubt prolonged wearing of masks is bad for you! My Mrs pretty much has one on all day at work! I literally wear one when I nip in a shop and really that’s me just being considerate to others! My reason for my kids not having it is they’re young and healthy and think they really don’t need this in their body’s! I think kids should be rolling round in the mud and building up their immune systems naturally! I’m not big on conspiracy theory’s and have my own view on things which I normally keep to myself! I don’t read much about all this virus to be honest as I don’t into government things either! I’m happy plodding on with my own beliefs but do feel it necessary to just go with the flow now and then! I’m a serious overthinker and that is why I rarely look into things like this! Maybe I’m right maybe I’m wrong I don’t know :man_shrugging:t3: I do believe though that the people don’t really have a say in very much that goes on! I just like an easy life :man_facepalming:t3:

But in saying that I do do pretty much what I want! If I didn’t want to do something no one could persuade me otherwise! A little contradicting I know but :man_facepalming:t3::joy:

3 Likes

@SteelA1 when this all started at the beginning of last year, I was actually concerned about the health of my loved ones or vulnerable people.
But as time went on, I realised more and more that the stuff we ate being fed - doesn’t add up.
So if there’s lies and things being covered up, I just feel that I can’t trust any of it.

I do believe that this virus is a type of flu, and just like any other flu - it has the potential to be fatal to certain/vulnerable people.
But we have all lived with the flu virus for many, many years - and the population is still thriving.
So why do we suddenly need to start being controlled.

4 Likes

@Cupc8kes im a believer in it being similar to just a flu myself! I know people who have the flu jab every year snd are sick as a dog from it and others who aren’t affected at all! I’ve been offered it every year since I can remember as I have asthma but have never had it and never suffered with flu! I’d sooner fight it naturally if I got it! About the asthma too I had inhalers since about the age of 16 and always seemed to need them as I suffered terribly until about 5 years ago when I just stopped taking them! I’ve never felt like I needed them since :man_shrugging:t3: I know I say one thing then contradict it with something else but that’s just the way I am :joy::joy: I just try not to read into certain things too much or I find my mind wanders and I get myself all worked up :weary::man_facepalming:t3:

1 Like