Thoughts on men wearing thong undies

My hubby was recently getting himself some new undies from Figleaves and he asked if I minded him trying a thong for something different and fun as there were a lot available. I was a bit surprised that he wanted to try one but if Armani are making them for men they must be more popular than I thought. He actually likes them better and wears them quite often so is this quite common now? I don't mind if that's what he wants to wear but do many men wear them or what do the ladies think, would you mind your bloke wearing them?

generally speaking.. leave the male thong to strippers

When it comes to mens underwear, my wife has always said the thongs are wrong, I have to say I agree with her. Just think Peter Springfellow!

My OH likes me to, I hate it, there is something very wrong about it IMO, she bought me some years ago and I entertained the idea maybe once every few months just to do something nice for her, but that went out the window and they got dumped.

No. I honestly think thongs are for women only. No matter how nice a bum a man has, it still makes me think of a man wearing women's underwear and I don't like that sort of thing. But if you like it and he likes it then great, that's all that matters :)

Peter Stringfellow was mentioned, and that is how I feel too. Just wrong. :)

oh yuk!!!

Janny wrote:

Peter Stringfellow was mentioned, and that is how I feel too. Just wrong. :)


I just had to google him cos I had no idea who he was, but now I do... And I wish I didn't see that haha. I still agree - Big no no.

Personally I have to agree with the notion they should be for women only!

There have been a number of similarly themed threads of late and they seem to reveal an interesting lack of equality. Women, it appears, are able to wear anything from a thong bikini to a boiler suit everywhere from the beach to the ballroom and get away with it. Men on the other hand still seem to reside in something of a dress-code straight-jacket (partially self-imposed but undoubtedly endorsed by many women). As far as undies it seems the commandment is "thou shall wear the regulation ill-fitting boxers or be forever damned."

Odd, I find.

Gyrator53 wrote:

There have been a number of similarly themed threads of late and they seem to reveal an interesting lack of equality. Women, it appears, are able to wear anything from a thong bikini to a boiler suit everywhere from the beach to the ballroom and get away with it. Men on the other hand still seem to reside in something of a dress-code straight-jacket (partially self-imposed but undoubtedly endorsed by many women). As far as undies it seems the commandment is "thou shall wear the regulation ill-fitting boxers or be forever damned."

Odd, I find.

Not that odd, I can remember a company Chirstmas dinner dance that was black tie, all the girls in the office spent weeks beforehand ensuring that would all look different, while all the chaps were ensuring we all looked the same.

Not all boxers are ill-fitting!

HH

It wouldn't bother me if they did. Especially if they had a nice bum!

Gyrator53 wrote:

There have been a number of similarly themed threads of late and they seem to reveal an interesting lack of equality. Women, it appears, are able to wear anything from a thong bikini to a boiler suit everywhere from the beach to the ballroom and get away with it. Men on the other hand still seem to reside in something of a dress-code straight-jacket (partially self-imposed but undoubtedly endorsed by many women). As far as undies it seems the commandment is "thou shall wear the regulation ill-fitting boxers or be forever damned."

Odd, I find.

The last thing I want to see is a hairy arse in a thong. People have different opinions about it and I'm not saying it shouldn't be allowed, just that I don't like it. Also how are boxers ill-fitting? The only time would be if they're the wrong size. Personally I don't think women should wear men's clothing either - unless it's a shirt, that's hot.

PinkPolkaDot wrote:

Also how are boxers ill-fitting?

There is no higher authority than wikipedia 8-)= see:-

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boxer_shorts

Gyrator53 wrote:

PinkPolkaDot wrote:

Also how are boxers ill-fitting?

There is no higher authority than wikipedia 8-)= see:-

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boxer_shorts

Ermm okay but nowhere does it say that boxers are ill-fitting btw, unless I can't read, which I'm pretty sure I can ;)

Gyrator53 wrote:

PinkPolkaDot wrote:

Also how are boxers ill-fitting?

There is no higher authority than wikipedia 8-)= see:-

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boxer_shorts

Having seen the picture on wikipedia, I have to agree with you, but that does not mean that all men have ill-fitting underwear. I find that it is important to have a clear out of ones underwear drawer on a regular basis to avoid saggy pants. Lol

Each to their own but for me it's a no no!

I wear one now & then

I often wear a thong and love it!

No - it is so wrong -- love boxers on a man