Time of the month

MsR wrote:

VR - no advice re cups/tampons etc as I could never use them after having TSS, although I tried both in the past, but it might be worth thinking how long you need to use the type of hrt which gives monthly bleeds (sorry, can't remember the correct terms, and of course it is always personal choice).

I think within a year after age 50 and two years before 50 you can move onto one which doesn't give a bleed, if you want to. Usually the same brand so you wouldn't notice a difference in side effects. That's what I'm on (age 49, last natural period age 42). Took me a while to find the right combo but now it's great :-)

For everyone else - I was never particularly up for it during periods, but during ovulation I felt rampant. Even when I wasn't sexually active. Fantasy and solo time took over. Helped to know when trying to conceive. I could tell - not just body/fluid changes but mostly drive. Ovulation is when women are most fertile, so I guess that makes sense.

You've had TSS? You poor thing! My niece was very, very ill with it - we nearly lost her. She's been warned not to use cups or tampons, too. She was also warned to stay away from scented pads, too, but they're like the Holy Grail these days. I'm allergic to them to the point that I will have an asthma pull if I stand in the tampon/pad aisle for a few minutes.

I'm under gynae at the mo as my lining has thickened, though you'd neer have thought it with the amount of blood and large clots I'm losing (sorry, TMI again). I'll never forget the day we had sex and I knew Aunt Flo was on the way but didn't say anything to OH as I was horny as hell but blood puts him off. When he pulled out he had a clot the size of a Bowyer's finest banger on his dick! He thought he was dying, I was howling with laughter at his reaction.

I've NEVER been forgiven

I was put on the no-bleed regime but came off it as it was the hormone type that affects my mental health. I was the same with some types of Pill and with the first HRT tablets I had. The patches don't use the same hormone so I'm a lot happier - apart from the worry about the lining. I'd love to be period free but being of a mentally sound mind is more important. I don't think they'll let me take my toys to the padded room!

ETA: I was like that during ovulation, too. I'd wear poor OH out!

Sex in the shower or bath 😘 avoids the potential crime scene look xxx

Oh VR you write so well, I love your turn of phrase. I'm quite unashamedly stealing 'cramp-wank', thanks very much. πŸ™Œ

Gosig wrote:

Oh VR you write so well, I love your turn of phrase. I'm quite unashamedly stealing 'cramp-wank', thanks very much. πŸ™Œ

Why, thank you m'dear ![](upload://ez5kOkpKXRZOxjavAURYmQxVTau.gif) Glad you liked it and you're welcome to use it any time.

I'm a firm believer in the more politely put self-care. The more followers the better. Spread the word and send them to Lovehoney for the proper tools for the job.

Life's too short to spend it in pain.