Top tips for long distance relationships

Hi!

My partner and I have always been in a relatively LDR, however his next posting is in Germany, anyone got any good tips for keeping the heat in our sex life while he's away? I've been looking at the we-vibe with the app, so anyone whose used that or something similar long distance would be greatly appreciated!

thanks for reading!

x

Might be stating the obvious but a web cam would be useful .Just be careful of who might be luking in the background though. And don't leave it switched on !

mysteron wrote:

Might be stating the obvious but a web cam would be useful .Just be careful of who might be luking in the background though. And don't leave it switched on !

second webcam idea! . The wii vibe not sure how thays gona work as your very long distance may worth live chat there.

mrs.hiskett wrote:

mysteron wrote:

second webcam idea! . The wii vibe not sure how thays gona work as your very long distance may worth live chat there.

The we-vibe with app will work over any distance, but I didn't like the vibrator so we sent it back...

Hi Green Eyes

Phone/Skype sex is always good!.

The We-Vibe 4 plus is great; it'll work over any distance via bluetooth (Make sure you have the correct phones to use it with) My OH lives in Canada and I the UK. So we use it quite a bit.

LibraLover wrote:

mrs.hiskett wrote:

mysteron wrote:

The we-vibe with app will work over any distance, but I didn't like the vibrator so we sent it back...

ooow may get one now!

Thank you! I was hoping people would have experience of the we-vibe as its quite a lot of money, but worth it if it works well! We both have iPads, and I think I read in a review it works with those? And partner has a iPhone...hopefully that will be ok? Will have to do a bit more research!

i don't know why, but I get nervous on web cams! Will have to try and overcome that! X

I've not got around to reviewing it on here yet GreenEyes, but I have reviewed the We-Vibe 4 plus on my blog. x

Thanks FrozenAngel I'll take a look :) x

Well, here's my review but it's not a positive one... http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=31770&reviewid=91624#customer_reviews

LibraLover wrote:

Well, here's my review but it's not a positive one... http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=31770&reviewid=91624#customer_reviews

Thank you! When you're thinking of spending all that money it's definitely worth getting all points of view x

Have you seen the app "couple"? It is a good way of keeping your texts of an adult nature away from your regular ones.

No I havent, do you both need iPhones? ( I'm awkward and have a windows phone!)

Not sure, we use android but I would have thought something similar may be available.

Great, thanks, I will investigate!

App controlled vibes and webcams sound great - and perhaps you could also occasionally send him an old-fashioned, hand-written saucy letter (a short story describing your fantasies or something) and a sachet of lube/a tenga egg/some other kind of a stroker.

Sounds funny but maybe you could get him to make a cast of his cock when he is next home and I know for a fact that somewhere out there they do a pussy mold kit so he could 'take you with him' then you could skype eachother and tell eachother what to do aswell.

We also didn't like Clone-A-Willy when we tried it...I swear I normally like sex toys lol! I don't like the material for Clone-A-Willy and his willy clone is used as an ornament instead of a vibrator! There is another brand called Clone Boy, I don't know what it's like. There are other distance vibes too like the Dua be Je Joue. There is a brand called OhMiBod which you can get an app for and they are significantly cheaper but I asked in the Pander to me thread and Lovehoney don't plan on stocking them :(

Thank you all, some brilliant ideas, I will have to get imaginative with the parcels - have to be a little careful, as a vibrating parcel or something similar turning up at a military base could raise a few eyebrows! Some "old fashioned" photos and a letter sound like brilliant ideas too!

i'll check out those alternative app toys as well, thank you libralover! I appreciate your honesty!!

I think you should give a Web Cam a go. Its probably the most intimate you can get without actually being in the room together. Obviously both of you will have to make sure the coast is clear as regards privacy but as regards risk its no more riskier than say having sex with your partner in my case in my younger days at one of the parents houses .