Total Prostatectomy

Can you recommend ways to give special pleasure to my partner now that he can’t have an erection? Thanks

2 Likes

The nerve endings would still be present in the penis without erection along with nipples, anus, and perineum. I didn’t know a prostatectomy removed the ability for erection.

1 Like

Welcome to the forum Karen.

I’m certainly no expert in this area, but depending on how recent this is, you may just have to be sensitive to him and bear with him until his body settles down and recovers. If you’re getting signs that he’s ready then go slow and talk to him to see what he likes. If its been some time since the prostatectomy then I would also hope that support / counselling would be available and if it is, I would recommend you both take it up. There may also be resources you can use as the partner of someone who has gone through that process to help set / manage your expectations.

You may also find that he gets a lot of pleasure from pleasuring you, so if he offers, don’t refuse!

Really hope it works out - sending you hugs!

2 Likes

Sorry to hear that your partner has went through this. Are there any support groups you could both reach out to? Speak to his GP about what kind of impact such procedure can have sexually?

Wishing him well in his recovery if this is a recent procedure.

1 Like

I can’t offer any medical advice, but bear in mind that (contrary to what some women think), a lot of male sexual pleasure is in our heads, so fantasies, talking dirty, kinky suggestions and suchlike will surely have a positive effect.

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum, I’d expect all the same things would work still with the nerves and climaxing so maybe blow jobs would help and some tingling lubes. Could be something to look up on Google to see if there’s any articles from others in the same situation :nerd_face:

I’m still capable of an erection but, with the use of a vibrator or wand, I can also come when still flaccid.
The ability to orgasm doesn’t necessarily depend on the ability to get an erection.

1 Like

Erections are controlled with two nerves that run either side of the prostate. Removing said organ severs the nerves and although effort can be made to reconnect them, it is not always succesfull.
Being able to have an orgasm is not effected and I know in my own case it can cause me to cum in new ways. On one occasion my wife was giving me a hand job and my orgasm just kept going on and on. I was making a lot of noise and after about 30 seconds she just burst into laughter and we had to stop.
The medical people will offer him things like an injection into his old man that will keep him up and about for the best part of an hour. Best of luck. I lurk about on here around once a week so if there is anything you want to know just ask.

1 Like

Replied to wrong post, oops

@karenl754 welcome to the forum.

Ok… you seem to have some medical knownledge which is cool. Is there a way to increase penis size without surgery in your opinion? I have never found a credible source that says so.

Sorry about the long wait for my reply. My knowledge relates to prostate cancer so I don’t have the answers you are looking for. I do remember reading about a far eastern method that involved lying face down on a board with a hole in. Let your old man hang through said hole, then hit it with nettles. Should you attempt this I will recommend a checkup from the neckup and loads of ointment.

1 Like