Toy Chat Room

Thought I'd start this thread ( think someone else may have suggested it but I can't remember who).

It's so that we can discuss, compare and ask advice on any toys that we own, use or are thinking of buying. There seem to be a lot of threads popping up on individual toys and people asking for advice before purchasing toys. I know all toys have reviews but they can be a lot to trawl through if you're just looking for advice on one particular aspect of an item.

Not sure if this will work or not but I thought it may be worth a try x

Hi Terri
Think it's a good one let's roll

I have purchased the magic wand recently, great toy but I'm wondering are the male attachments any good. I am yet to purchase any attachments and although I have my eye on some for the better half (If she ever wakes up ) I feel I would like to some for myself.

Any help anyone

Hi tear drop, Mr Scorpius would definitely recommend the Lovehoney Hummer :) x

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=28560

Just found our review if this helps:

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=28560&reviewid=115826#customer_reviews

lmh95 wrote:

This is a great idea Terri JJ.

I am considering splashing out on a pelvic toner but they are quite expensive. I've read the reviews but still can't decide which one is best.

I have used the Tracey Cox kegel ball duo in the past and had good results with those but feel I could still improve things. After childbirth running and star jumps can be a little problematic at times :(

Has anyone else used the more expensive pelvic toners and how did you get on? Did they live up to expectations?

Thanks x

I haven't submitted my review yet, but I can't recomment this highly enough: http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=29580

I've reviewed all the other Kegel/toner balls I've used - my fave being the Fifty Shades set that came free with the Tens. Funny how something you wouldn't normally have bothered with turns out to be the best.

Anyway, back to the iTouch. I have fairly good muscle tone (confirmed by my urology nurse), but I have MS and am in an iffy use-it-or-lose-it position. Due to some nerve damage I'm told that I will definitely lose tone in the future, especially at my age, so using this is a no-brainer. There's no way that I can exercise with the damage I have to the intensity and frequency that this little gem can do.

On top of it all, it is rather pleasurable to use. OH leaves a lot earlier than me in the morning so I use this while reading in bed. It takes a little getting used to and has a few little quirks regarding the leads (I was starting to hate the LEADS warning until I finally got into the swing of it).

Talking of leads, once I got into the iTouch, I researched e-stim and found this: http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=32452

I'm also getting ready to write a review for Truman, too (he was bought for me), but would like to use him a few more times before I do. Basically, though, he's the iTouch without leads or specific programmes. From what I can feel, the type of e-stim truman uses in the Kegel mode is similar to the Stress programme on the iTouch. I can also vouch for the intensity of the Kegel programme Truman uses - at the highest settings it's VERY punchy!

Truman's shape is a bit too large for me and unless the e-stim pads are inside you, it'll feel uncomfortable. I have to be well and truly ready for a round or two with him. He's still fun to have around, though, and being waterproof, cleaning up is a breeze.

In a perfect world, Tenscare would make a wire-free machine or Mystim would make a mini-Truman with different pelvic toning programmes. Or if they didn't want to do this, they'd make the leads easier to clean and sturdier and/or add a disposable (or not) flange that covers the connection to the probe.

I would absolutely skip the manual toning balls and dive straight into the iTouch. Much better results, no trying to remember or accidentally using the wrong muscles (I was and only found out when asked to clench around the nurse's fingers!).

If you get it and need a few more hints and tips (especially if you think the thing is dead because it won't go past 20 and keeps flashing LEADS!), let me know. I'll keep popping back in on this thread.

Good luck and have fun with those exercises.

Terri JJ wrote:

Thought I'd start this thread ( think someone else may have suggested it but I can't remember who).

It's so that we can discuss, compare and ask advice on any toys that we own, use or are thinking of buying. There seem to be a lot of threads popping up on individual toys and people asking for advice before purchasing toys. I know all toys have reviews but they can be a lot to trawl through if you're just looking for advice on one particular aspect of an item.

Ooh, might have been my Anal Counselling thread idea that kickstarted yours? Anyway, I wish I'd found this sooner as I just started a new thread a few minutes ago for one specific aspect of one specific toy I want to buy... here: http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/community/forums/sex-toys/1406887-duckie-question/

tear drop wrote:

Hi Terri

I have purchased the magic wand recently, great toy but I'm wondering are the male attachments any good. I am yet to purchase any attachments and although I have my eye on some for the better half (If she ever wakes up ) I feel I would like to some for myself.

Any help anyone

We have the Hummer recommended by Mr. Scorpius. "Mr. 'era'" is not impressed with it thus far (have given it only a few runs). Don't have any other specifically male ones, but we do have this: http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=32637 which can be multipurpose and unisex!

lmh95 wrote:

I am considering splashing out on a pelvic toner but they are quite expensive. I've read the reviews but still can't decide which one is best.

I have used the Tracey Cox kegel ball duo in the past and had good results with those but feel I could still improve things. After childbirth running and star jumps can be a little problematic at times :(

Has anyone else used the more expensive pelvic toners and how did you get on? Did they live up to expectations?

Thanks x

Do you mean more elaborate stuff or just kegel balls would do? I have an extensive collection of Kegels, and I can whole-heartedly recommend one for a good exercise (it unfortunately got discontinued on LH, but you can find it elswhere): http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=32206. I love this one, I thought it was going to put me on level 3-4 to start with and it instead started me out on level 1! That was unpleasant to uncover! :)

era wrote:

Terri JJ wrote:

Ooh, might have been my Anal Counselling thread idea that kickstarted yours? Anyway, I wish I'd found this sooner as I just started a new thread a few minutes ago for one specific aspect of one specific toy I want to buy... here: http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/community/forums/sex-toys/1406887-duckie-question/

tear drop wrote:

Hi Terri

Any help anyone

We have the Hummer recommended by Mr. Scorpius. "Mr. 'era'" is not impressed with it thus far (have given it only a few runs). Don't have any other specifically male ones, but we do have this: http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=32637 which can be multipurpose and unisex!

lmh95 wrote:

Thanks x

Do you mean more elaborate stuff or just kegel balls would do? I have an extensive collection of Kegels, and I can whole-heartedly recommend one for a good exercise (it unfortunately got discontinued on LH, but you can find it elswhere): http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=32206. I love this one, I thought it was going to put me on level 3-4 to start with and it instead started me out on level 1! That was unpleasant to uncover! :)

It was partly your comment era but also discussions on toys seem to keep overtaking other threads. I thought it would be a good idea to keep these altogether. It'll only work if people check it regularly though. I'm still more than happy to answer anything on the great big Getting To Know You thread though xx

You are right and I hope this will work as could be very useful indeed! Well done. :)

+1 great idea *♡*xx
I was wondering if anyone has both the Lovehoney deluxe wands?
Basically I'm wondering which is better in regards to vibrations? Other than that is there anything which makes either stand out from the other? Xx
Thanks xx

Ok, going to throw this out there because I have been contemplating a thrusting rabbit. Anyone on here have one and do you recommend a certain one. A bit of commentary, I need strong vibrations, especially in the "ears" on my clit. I also like a rabbit I can position to hit my gspot good, doesnt have to be huge, but some nice is preferred. I have looked at several and feel stuck a bit.

lmh95 wrote:

Thanks x

I am a bit of a kegal ball obsessed. I have many sets, but these are my everyday set http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=27255 they are great, heavy enough to be a challenge, magnetic which is different, and they are more challenging as there is no removal cord. They are not too expensive so might be a good option while you save for/or consider alternatives. They really are a great set.

Does anyone own both stainless steel (njoy) and aluminium (crowned jewels) dildos? Which is better?

I like a good size but texture too and I'm very undecided.

Fun Louise wrote:

Does anyone own both stainless steel (njoy) and aluminium (crowned jewels) dildos? Which is better?

I have njoy toys which are very weighty and smooth in texture. Looking at the crowned jewels toys, I imagine they are smooth too but no where near as heavy as they are aluminium

Anybody has advices on how to use this?: http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=31537

I still havn't managed to find a way of putting it on without ending five minutes later in pain with the feeling as I have cut my skin. Maybe I put it too thight but I I don't but it as thight it just doesn't stays on

Fun Louise wrote:

I don't think you'd get on with the Crowned Jewels if size is a big factor for you, we have this one:

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=35062

And it's very small in real life, particularly girth wise but insertable length too due to the curvature. I think the product pictures make it look bigger than it feels during use, it really feels petite. It's not as heavy as a glass dildo of the same size either so you don't get the feeling of fullness/weight glass gives that can make up for lack of size.

They're great and I love ours, but it is very small and lightweight. Which is pretty much the opposite of the heavy Njoy wand, not that I have it to compare it to myself...I've just read a lot of reviews on it :)

I think you'd love the texture but find the size/weight underwhelming. I wouldn't say they're worse than the Njoy toys because they're actually lovely to use, just not when you're in the mood to be filled or stretched in any way. So it depends entirely on would you be happy with a small toy to get the textures (plus the super responsive temperature play, they're far more quick to heat/cool than a glass toy).

Vanessa8 wrote:

Ok, going to throw this out there because I have been contemplating a thrusting rabbit. Anyone on here have one and do you recommend a certain one. A bit of commentary, I need strong vibrations, especially in the "ears" on my clit. I also like a rabbit I can position to hit my gspot good, doesnt have to be huge, but some nice is preferred. I have looked at several and feel stuck a bit.

Vanessa, I don't know if this will help you at all, but this has been on my wishlist forever and I have now decided it's going to be my next important purchase: http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=28589 - I literally lust over it. Having said that, my only ever attempt with a rabbit (something Lovehoney branded and silicone and with batteries and rotating not thrusting) was almost 2 years ago and I hated so much the experience, I never once considered trying again up until just a few weeks ago. But this Nalone toy was still high on my desires, so now I'll definitely take the plunge and hope I'll fall in love with rabbits as most women seem to be.

lmh95 wrote:

Thanks x

I have used the itouch sure and it's brilliant, I've been given a similar one from the continence care team after using the itouch sure and I have to admit it's stronger and because of that I wish I owned that one instead. They don't sell it on lovehoney though so I'm not sure if I can mention it on here? I'd definitely recommend the muscle stimulating devices though over Kegel balls. I saw results within three weeks. Amazing results. I've written a review for the itouch sure too. I wasn't sure about purchasing it but I really think it's worth it.

Vanessa8 wrote:

I have a feeling that this thread will become very difficult to read in a very short time - wouldn't it be easier to open a new thread for specific toy questions? It's not as if there was too much activity in the Sex Toys forum...

To the question: When I was curious about thrusting rabbits, I wanted one that really moved, was waterproof, not too girthy, not too noisy and not too expensive (no way was I going to buy the Nalone linked by era just to satisfy my curiosity about how thrusting rabbits compare to the Stronic line). I settled on the Petite Thrusting http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=33432 which is not what I'd call a high-quality product (starting with the fact that it's not silicone), but not as bad as the tiny number of reviews might suggest (in my opinion - obviously I can't compare to the other cheap thrusters).

But for you, Vanessa8, it will probably be not the right one as I feel that the rabbit ears are next to useless. You could try the Stronic Bi Fusion - if you like the diameter (almost 6 " according to LH) and can live with the most dust-attracting silicone ever created (can double as a lilnt roller). I have the Stronic Eins and the sensation is amazing (but obviously without any clit stimulation at all - might have to get a Touch after all), but I don't always feel up to its size (even though it's "only" around 5 ")

Another alternative would be to click your way through the Happy Rabbit's patterns - number 9 or thereabouts is pulsations that are so strong that they feel almost like thrusts to me. Since I have discovered this pattern I hardly ever get out the Petite Thrusting - for me the Happy Rabbit 2 Natural works much better.

Fun Louise wrote:

I have both (and paid for neither! Thank you so much again, Briona87 and Lovehoney!)

I prefer the nJoy for the most part. The metal I got was flawless, you get a secure box for storage, and the metal feels weightier in my opinion.

However, it's highly dependant on what you want to use it for. The shape of the Marlybone Crowned Jewels one I got is perfect for G spot and Anal, but with nJoy I think you need to make an executive decision as the shapes are tailored to a specific use from what I've seen. In short, the Crowned jewels Marlybone is far more versatile.

Neither are particularly sizable though. If what I know of you is correct, FL, this would be right up your alley: http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=14733

Hi all I'm wanting some advice please. I'm wanting to get my oh a vibrator. We've used our wand but I want to get something just for him. He really likes texture so do I just get the wand hummer attachment or something else? What do you guys and gals suggest? X

I recently (few weeks ago) bought this http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=17779
I was excited to try it as I and my partner are experimenting with anal play. Ok so once I had got it in using anal lube it was comfortable but I could hardly tell it was there. I also couldn't keep it in, any movement and out it popped. Any tips or advice or do I need a different one, the but plugs I have used have stay but I can't really tell they are there. I only have beginner ones.