Toy cleaning advice?!

Hey guys, so I’m really hygienic when it comes to cleaning my sex toys but I’ve been getting frustrated that my silicone flesh coloured dildo has gained some stains from use. Is there anything I can use to get the stains out?!

My initial thought would be baking soda. Try sprinkling some on the stain with a tiny drop of water and scrub gently with an old toothbrush so it's nothing too abrasive.

I've not had that problem as of yet but only recently started using flesh coloured ones. I've always just used warm (gentle) soapy water & Lh toy cleaner. If you were going to try the baking soda / toothbrush. Maybe worth picking up a soft brush or one you would use for baby /0-2yrs

Nail polish remover may help. It works with permanent markers. If you are using satin bags, make sure your toys are bone dry before putting them in the bags as this can cause colour transference.

Wow these are some great ideas! Thanks guys. I’ll be sure to try them all out, probably the baking soda first and then if that fails the nail polish remover. Plus I’ve ordered some lovehoney toy cleaner today so can try that too but previously I did use antibacterial sanitizer gel which didn’t have any effect..

Make sure you get the right kind of remover. Some are acetone based, some don't contain it.

I've no idea which to try on silicone. though. Maybe K&c30's can pop back and advise?

Great shout VR. If I am completely honest I may have been a bit hasty there with my advise as I am unsure if the nail polish will have a reaction with the silicone. Sorry AJStar. Maybe CC will be able to offer you some helpful tips if the baking soda doesn't work.

Ok I’ll ditch the nail polish remover idea then lol and will just do the baking soda test first ;)

So I tried the baking soda but didn’t seem to do much and even naughtily tried the remover too which didn’t work either :( What’s that thing people do with the vinigar and lemon or even coke drink.... do anyone think that could work??

I've had a bit if a google and I found some advice on getting stains out of silicone kitchen spatulas.

Cooks Illustrated

When silicone spatulas pick up stains from tomato sauce, turmeric, or pesto, often even an aggressive soapy scrubbing won’t get them completely clean. So we set out to find a better cleaner.

After staining one set of white silicone spatulas bright yellow with a turmeric-and-water paste and another set red with tomato sauce, we soaked each one in potential stain fighters: white vinegar, a slurry of dish soap and baking soda, 3 percent hydrogen peroxide, a bleach solution (made by diluting 2 1/2 tablespoons of bleach in 2 cups of water), and a control mixture of soapy water. After 24 hours of soaking, only the spatulas soaked in hydrogen peroxide or the bleach solution were back to their original white.

Our science editor explained that while soap can help break up and wash away oil, to remove intensely colored stains, the compounds that provide the color need to be broken down into colorless molecules. Hydrogen peroxide and bleach are both oxidants, a type of compound that excels at this task. Just remember to wash your stain-free spatulas in warm soapy water before use.

I don't know if you're at the stage where you're ready to try anything but I thought I'd throw that on there. 🙂

The 'oxidant' bit also made me think of Vanish powder. And the best thing I've ever used to get food and poop stains out of my kid's baby clothes is a product called Napisan, though I don't know how harsh this would be on the silicone.

Wow that’s sure some science potion making. Thanks Ian Chimp for looking that up for me! I’ve actually got some vanish in the cupboard that I could use to save me mixing up all them ingredients. Fingers crossed it’ll work 🤞

AJSTAR wrote:

Wow that’s sure some science potion making. Thanks Ian Chimp for looking that up for me! I’ve actually got some vanish in the cupboard that I could use to save me mixing up all them ingredients. Fingers crossed it’ll work 🤞

No worries. 🙂 I hope you find something that works. Let us know how you get on. 👍

So yesterday I used some lovehoney toy cleaner to see what that would do but other than clean it didn’t get any stains out... I then tried some vanish spray which actually did lighten the stains after 3-4 applications. Still though it didn’t completely remove anything... 🤔

AJSTAR wrote:

So yesterday I used some lovehoney toy cleaner to see what that would do but other than clean it didn’t get any stains out... I then tried some vanish spray which actually did lighten the stains after 3-4 applications. Still though it didn’t completely remove anything... 🤔

The method I was thinking of was using the Vanish Oxy or Napisan granules diluted in a bowl and then leaving the stained dildo soaking in that overnight. The fact that the Vanish spray lightened it is encouraging though. Did it have any damaging effect on the silicone?

You can pick Napisan up from most supermarkets and it's in the laudry aisle. It's about £3.50. (And soak it, don't scrub it as the granules will scratch 👍).

I've just thought that the dildo won't be white so you may want to purchase a coloursafe version of the Vanish if you decide to try that. 👍

Yes I’m definitely gonna give the napisan or vanish Oxy a try. Added it to the shopping list. Amazingly the vanish spray didn’t damage the silicone at all, quite a durable material in all which is really good ;)

So I got some of the clear dildos (1 basics, and the other one I’m using is the small one from the strapon 3 pack) and now they are stained brownish. Something seems wrong, but I was told that the dildo is fine.

Hello and welcome @KinkySwitch69 :slightly_smiling_face:

Personally I wouldn’t use a stained dildo. Have you contacted Customer Care?

1 Like

Yikes yes I’m in agreement that maybe try contacting customer service as the finish of your dildos might be faulty.
Having said that, referring back to my original post about my dildo dilemma it’s now faded to a really faint mark after much washing and trying all the advice given from others on the thread.