Turning the big 40!

Well that's me officially 40 as of 13/05!

Wasn't as scary as I thought it'd be lol. Had thee most amazing weekend, all thanks to my amazing OH, family and gorgeous friends.

My party is this Friday and can I just say.... STRESSED!!!! Actually cannot wait til it's over. Everything from start to date has been such a headache! Originally hadn't planned one, but my sis and friends thought I was mad and a huge party to celebrate was the "done thing"... I disagree! Talk about going with your gut instinct!

Planning my wedding was easier, no joke!

The whole "who's doing what" (mostly me) to the date, venue, decorations and guests has been one long pain! I've had family reconnecting (lovely) and then I'll come if they come! To "leave it all to me" to "when am I supposed to find time"!

I have cried so many times about concerns for other people's feelings, I actually feel drained and wish I'd never agreed to it!

I thought parties were supposed to be fun? Sure doesn't feel like it to me 😀

Congratulations πŸŽ‚πŸŽˆπŸŽ‰

I'm sure once it's here, it will be good. Don't worry about anyone else as it's down to them if they enjoy it or not. Once you've got your gladrags on and you've had a few drinks you won't even think about it. Enjoy it's your party and you're never going to be 40 again. Xx

Don't forget age is just a number. Your only as old as you feel. Another thing don't let the media dictate what you should wear or do at that age. According to the media at my age I shouldn't be wearing jeans , yet I wear them better than guys far younger than me, So just enjoy! ![](upload://lJMrTcqgi5lI1FOpb07OYOcv2YF.gif)![](upload://ez5kOkpKXRZOxjavAURYmQxVTau.gif)

Lil_Red_Kinkyboots wrote:

Congratulations πŸŽ‚πŸŽˆπŸŽ‰

I'm sure once it's here, it will be good. Don't worry about anyone else as it's down to them if they enjoy it or not. Once you've got your gladrags on and you've had a few drinks you won't even think about it. Enjoy it's your party and you're never going to be 40 again. Xx

Aw thank you lovely!

So want to look forward and enjoy it, but also feel like so many issues are a sign saying I shouldn't have organised a party 😀 Fingers crossed it'll be alright on the night 😜 Here's hoping x

mysteron wrote:

Don't forget age is just a number. Your only as old as you feel. Another thing don't let the media dictate what you should wear or do at that age. According to the media at my age I shouldn't be wearing jeans , yet I wear them better than guys far younger than me, So just enjoy!

Oh so true Mr Wise! I'm not feeling old, just duped at having a party!

To be fair though I WAS going for timeless, class and elegance in my outfit... NOT happening, look like a whale πŸ™ˆ Why???? Do not like parties anymore lol x

Happy belated birthday πŸŽ‰

SML many many congratulations. You don't know it yet but your about to enter the most sexy time of your life.

The time when your more happy and content with who you are, start to focus on your pleasure and not so much what of others and what they think of you.

Age is like a fine wine until you've tasted something that good you have no concept of just how exquisite it is.

Your bottle is just being opened xxx

SML many many congratulations. You don't know it yet but your about to enter the most sexy time of your life.

The time when your more happy and content with who you are, start to focus on your pleasure and not so much what of others and what they think of you.

Age is like a fine wine until you've tasted something that good you have no concept of just how exquisite it is.

Congratulations,it is funny how everyone thought you should have a party but then leave it all to you to organise it.40 seems so long ago now I have forgotten how I felt about it.

Congratulations on turning 40 and glad you had a good birthday.

I'm sure it will all be fine on the night people will arrive and it will all be very relaxed and you will have a good time and enjoy your party.

I am actually looking forward to my 40th! (Got 4 years yet though!) as I get happier with age!! And I worry less about what others think.

Parties incolving family can be very stressful to organise! Similar to weddings, you worry about who to invite, the table plan, who may fall out... but it's almost always alright on the night! You'll have a ball. Once the party has started and you have a glass of something lovely in your hand, all the stress of organising it will be forgotten! Might as well enjoy it lovely πŸŽ‰πŸŽˆπŸ‘πŸΌβ˜ΊοΈ

mysteron wrote:

Don't forget age is just a number. Your only as old as you feel. Another thing don't let the media dictate what you should wear or do at that age. According to the media at my age I shouldn't be wearing jeans , yet I wear them better than guys far younger than me, So just enjoy!

This ! I'm 51 and I think I should be wearing pleated skirts and knitted cardigans ! Lol Not that there's anything wrong with that.....it's really not me though lol x

Terri JJ wrote:

mysteron wrote:

This ! I'm 51 and I think I should be wearing pleated skirts and knitted cardigans ! Lol Not that there's anything wrong with that.....it's really not me though lol x

And theirs me thinking you really like little pleated skirts ![](upload://h7LJ67OOrR57VDYrj5ZEwwHAfLG.gif)

I refused for big birthdays in fact a year before my 40 I started saying I'm having prawns ice cream and favourite films, this did not go down too well with cow who brought me up, in fact she thought she was being clever buying me a tatty cross and chain set, showed it dad then chucked it, I then brought her the cheapest ugliest earings I could find for her birthday, six months later I ditched lot of them. Why do others go on about hell hole parties, it's for their benefit not yours, oh just ditch the tat you'll proberly get, huge hugs at least it's not on actual birthday I hope.

As regards the party there is 2 ways of going about this. Be good , pretend your enjoying it and monitor your alcohol consumption so as to keep in control of your actions. Just nod to any conversation and look the part. That way you will be fine and without an hangover in the morning and look OK without any embarrassment on all the various pictures that would be probably taken of the night.

The other side of the coin is to be bad but keeping the blame on others! I guess I was a little this way on my 50th when we went around town at various pubs. I was well supplied with drinks as you could have imagined and I ended up being so blottoed I fell off my chair onto my back and what a lovely view I got up various ladies skirts ! I had a clear consciense as it wasn't my fault I ended up in this state. After all what was I supposed to do shut my eyes!? I am a warm blooded male after all .I am just glad and releived nobody had laid a stripper on as they can be really embarrassiing especially if you end up joining in.

Your only 40 once so try and make best of perhaps you see as a bad situation . You never know you may enjoy the night . Perhaps you just need to decide whether its good girl or bad girl ?

mysteron wrote:

Terri JJ wrote:

mysteron wrote:

And theirs me thinking you really like little pleated skirts

Lol ! I don't know what gave you that idea πŸ˜‰ ! Xx

Well I think 70 is the new 40 I am having more fun now than ever before so age is not important do what you feel is good for you and your partner one very happy 70 year old

Dj

Fair play to you D.J! That makes me happy to know the best is yet to come πŸ‘πŸΌ

Happy birthday Smokinghotlove. I hope you have a great time on Friday and remember everyone is there because of you. A glass of something and bliss, you'll soon forget all the stress.![](upload://h7LJ67OOrR57VDYrj5ZEwwHAfLG.gif)